Customer Discussions > rhythm and blues discussion forum

Fine funky guitar chops

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-4 of 4 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 26 Apr 2010 13:06:25 BDT
Nugent Dirt says:
Recently watched and old clip of KC and the SB on You Tube playing Get Down Tonight. There's an extended improv bit where KC and the horn section are putting in some funky moves. In the background is some fine and extremely funky rhuthm guitar goin on. In the world of funk and soul guitarists often get overlooked in favour of the bass players and horn sections. So what tunes feature some tasty funk guitar?
All Chic penned tunes for a start
Earlier EWF albums esp the live Gratitude
KC & TSB tunes like Keep it Comin Love
Brothers Johnson - Strawberry Letter - George J a very underrated player as this shows, just very tasty

Posted on 5 May 2010 21:25:22 BDT
Eddie Hazel's guitar on the early Funkadelic albums was inspired. He's probably best remembered for the 10 minute psych-funk epic that is Maggot Brain. My personal fave however is I've Got A Thing You've Got A Thing Everybodys Got A Thing - a fabulous frenzied wah-wah wigout!

Posted on 30 Jul 2011 00:42:41 BDT
JJMMWGDuPree says:
The Tower Of Power always had great understated guitar lines, early Jimi Hendrix showed he wasn't too bad with the rhythm chops either.

Posted on 1 Mar 2012 04:27:50 GMT
Nile Rodgers-Chic, Very unique sound that I know it is him when I hear it.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  4
Total posts:  4
Initial post:  26 Apr 2010
Latest post:  1 Mar 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions