Customer Discussions > religion discussion forum

Where do aborted babies go?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 151-175 of 239 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on 17 May 2012 16:34:38 BDT
Tom M says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on 17 May 2012 16:40:18 BDT
G. Heron says:
Tom M

"It is necessary to explain contingent reality, so it is unreasonable and unfair not to pray for one's deceased friends and family. "

I am not sure I understand/or agree with the idea of contingent reality. Reality is either reality or its not I don't see how it can be sub divided.

You seem to be saying that reality requires an explanation and that explanation, is capable of altering reality and is open to persuasion by human beings?

In reply to an earlier post on 17 May 2012 16:41:47 BDT
Please do LOL.

As I said to RED please explain what happens during both miscarriages, fail to embeds etc?

Is the soul injected at the point of fertalisation as RED says and if it is, how do you know this to be true?

Does free will even exist? If it does surely its is present in all animals with a certain barin capacity or would you deny that there is clear evidence both Dolphins and certain Simians have self awareness?

In reply to an earlier post on 17 May 2012 16:42:19 BDT
Last edited by the author on 17 May 2012 16:44:37 BDT
G. Heron says:
Tom M

"How come the principles of triangularity cannot be imagined?"

Can you please explain what that actually means as I don't understand what you mean by the "principles of triangularity"

In reply to an earlier post on 17 May 2012 16:42:28 BDT
Tom M says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on 17 May 2012 16:44:09 BDT
Tom M says:

In reply to an earlier post on 17 May 2012 16:49:34 BDT
I was not laughing at him, being unaware aristotle was an expert on thinsg like cell mytosis etc.

I would have imagined that aristotle had no idea how Human egg were fertilised at a cellular level, therefore was he really the best person to be describing its nature and causes?

In reply to an earlier post on 17 May 2012 16:53:23 BDT
G. Heron says:
Tom M

I can't offer a metaphysical description of causality but I suspect that due to the times he lived in Aristotle would have had problems with anything that did not seem to be in direct contact with an object having an effect on that object, I seem to remeber people of that age wondered why a stone kept moving after it left the hand of the thrower. I would be interested in how Aristotles idea of causality would handle quantum entanglement.

Time is what you use clocks to measure.

In reply to an earlier post on 17 May 2012 16:54:33 BDT
Tom M says:

In reply to an earlier post on 17 May 2012 16:57:38 BDT
G. Heron says:
Tom M

"You have a variety of misconceptions concerning conception. Can conception be only a material cause?"
Yes

"If so, how?"
The process of conception is well known I see no need to invoke anything non physical to explain it.

How do you deal with the issue of substantial form in your analysis and avoid the obvious problem of such accidental causations as sufficient causes?"

I don't understand the point you are making, can you please try and explain what you think is the issue with purely material explanation of conception?

In reply to an earlier post on 17 May 2012 16:59:08 BDT
Tom M says:

In reply to an earlier post on 17 May 2012 17:00:38 BDT
Tom M says:

In reply to an earlier post on 17 May 2012 17:01:47 BDT
Tom M says:

In reply to an earlier post on 17 May 2012 17:02:18 BDT
G. Heron says:
Mr C.J. Clark

"I was not laughing at him, being unaware aristotle was an expert on thinsg like cell mytosis etc."

As I understand it (which its not very well I must admit) The Catholic Church has based its theology on that of Thomas Aquinus, who inturn based his theology on the metaphysics of Aristotle, therefore the metaphysics of Aristotle must be preserved at all cost.

In reply to an earlier post on 17 May 2012 17:03:41 BDT
G. Heron says:
Tom M

According to you time is something that does not exist and therefore cannot be transcended.

In reply to an earlier post on 17 May 2012 17:06:25 BDT
Tom M says:

In reply to an earlier post on 17 May 2012 17:09:08 BDT
Last edited by the author on 17 May 2012 17:13:35 BDT
G. Heron says:
Tom M

"I'm afraid I have no idea what your last sentence meant but I am certainly not saying anything remotely similar to what you wrote. "

I was trying to work out how you link from the universe needing an explanation to the benefits of praying for dead people.

In reply to an earlier post on 17 May 2012 17:14:07 BDT
Tom M says:

In reply to an earlier post on 17 May 2012 17:18:37 BDT
G. Heron says:
Tom M

"You need free will to question whether free will exists. Do you honestly not see this?"

No.

In reply to an earlier post on 17 May 2012 17:20:09 BDT
Tom M says:

In reply to an earlier post on 17 May 2012 17:20:40 BDT
G. Heron says:
Tom M

"So you think that dolphins and apes have self awareness as self? Not from any evidence. "

Just being pedantic, human beings are a form of ape.

In reply to an earlier post on 17 May 2012 17:22:34 BDT
[Deleted by Amazon on 17 May 2012 19:14:18 BDT]

In reply to an earlier post on 17 May 2012 17:22:47 BDT
Only if Aristotle says they are.

In reply to an earlier post on 17 May 2012 17:28:45 BDT
C. A. Small says:
Just as catholics cannot spot they are brainwashed.

In reply to an earlier post on 17 May 2012 17:30:36 BDT
Last edited by the author on 17 May 2012 17:32:43 BDT
G. Heron says:
Tom M

"don't presume to imagine that you really do have a superior grasp of metaphysics than Aristotle"

I don't but I do claim a greater knowledge of Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Astronomy, Cosmology, and Mathematics than Aristotle, not due to anything else than my being born thousands of years later than him.

"Your cute little cellular mytosis comment"

I have not mentioned mytosis.
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

More Customer Discussions

Most active community forums
Most active product forums

Amazon forums

This discussion

Discussion in:  religion discussion forum
Participants:  23
Total posts:  239
Initial post:  14 May 2012
Latest post:  21 May 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions