Customer Discussions > religion discussion forum

God Does Not Exist Because... (3)

This discussion has reached the maximum length permitted, and cannot accept new replies. Start a new discussion


Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 51-75 of 1000 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on 7 Mar 2012 08:52:12 GMT
G. Heron says:
Mr Paul Davidson

Is this the reason you think god created you, so you could spend your life and then eternity
thanking him for having created you so that you could spend your life and then eternity
thanking him for having created you so that you could spend your life and then eternity
thanking him for having created you so that you could spend your life and then eternity
...............

In reply to an earlier post on 7 Mar 2012 08:59:30 GMT
AJ Murray says:
Philip Duerdoth,

-"That is all very well but you don't explain anything. Making statements without anything to back them up is not exactly helpful, my friend."

Making statements up without any supporting evidence or reasoning is what theology is all about.

In reply to an earlier post on 7 Mar 2012 09:33:39 GMT
Hi GH

God made me (and you) to know Him, love Him and serve Him (and our fellow men, women, and children - born and unborn) in this world and to be happy with Him (and them) for ever in the next.

Best wishes

Paul

In reply to an earlier post on 7 Mar 2012 09:37:57 GMT
G. Heron says:
Paul,

"God made me (and you) to know Him, love Him and serve Him (and our fellow men, women, and children - born and unborn) in this world and to be happy with Him (and them) for ever in the next."

Thats what he tells you, you should hear what he says when he thinks no one is listening!

In reply to an earlier post on 7 Mar 2012 09:40:13 GMT
Hi AJ

You say:

>>> Making statements up without any supporting evidence or reasoning is what theology is all about.

No, no, no! That's atheism!

Best wishes

Paul

In reply to an earlier post on 7 Mar 2012 09:43:57 GMT
Hi GH

So you feel that you know God's mind better than Jesus Christ!

So what words of wisdom do you have for the world?

Best wishes

Paul

In reply to an earlier post on 7 Mar 2012 09:52:05 GMT
"God is non-physical=non empirical"

empirical
adjective /ɪmˈpɪr.ɪ.kəl/ adj
Definition
based on what is experienced or seen rather than on theory

So God is only a theory that can be neither experienced or seen? How refreshing to see a theist admit it.

In reply to an earlier post on 7 Mar 2012 09:54:11 GMT
"God made me (and you) to know Him, love Him and serve Him"

Seems a pretty major ommision that he didn't build in belief at the design stage then. You're going to struggle getting people to know, love and serve something that they don't believe exists.

In reply to an earlier post on 7 Mar 2012 09:58:01 GMT
G. Heron says:
Mr Paul Davidson

"So what words of wisdom do you have for the world?"

What an excellent question.

"Do unto others as you would have them do to you"

"The glory of creation is in its infinite diversity
and the ways our differences combine
to create meaning and beauty."

"to thine own self be true,
And it must follow, as the night the day,
Thou canst not then be false to any man."

"Through each sentient being the universe is aware of itself, this is our greatest gift and our greatest responsibility"

"Always look on the bright side of life"

Posted on 7 Mar 2012 09:59:47 GMT
DB says:
Lay your hands gently upon us
Let their touch render your peace
Let them bring your forgiveness
and healing,
Lay your hands, gently lay your hands.

Lord , we come to you through one another,
Lord we come to you in all our need
Lord we come to you seeking wholeness
Lay your hands,gently lay your hands.


Lay your hands gently upon us
Let their touch render your peace
Let them bring your forgiveness
and healing,
Lay your hands, gently lay your hands.

You were sent to free the broken-hearted
You were sent to give sight to the blind
You desire to heal all our illness
lay your hands, gently lay your hands.

Lay your hands gently upon us
Let their touch render your peace
Let them bring your forgiveness
and healing,
Lay your hands, gently lay your hands.

.

Posted on 7 Mar 2012 10:17:20 GMT
Reson says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

Posted on 7 Mar 2012 10:19:21 GMT
Reson says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on 7 Mar 2012 10:21:47 GMT
G. Heron says:
Reson

Trees are not simple.

Posted on 7 Mar 2012 10:22:47 GMT
Reson says:
Why a universe sprouts and grows is because the summer of existence returns to that
part of Nature. ORIGIN OF A UNIVERSE takes place this way: Imagine a very thick
fog-like condition existing in very vast areas of space as a thorough mixture of gases,
very fine soil, chemicals, and all other types of elements - this is PRIMEVAL CHAOS.
When the summer season returns to this area, like a seed planted but waiting for spring to
arrive, the gases and chemicals and all active elements which had been floating aimlessly
in space, begin to accumulate in A CENTRAL POINT. These active elements float
aimlessly because there is no gravitation at that time and there is no universal body
anywhere near to attract or pull them.
The many active elements (gases, chemicals, etc.) of Nature BY THE NATURE OF
NATURE continue to aggregate to a central point, and when some of EVERY ACTIVE
ELEMENT existing in Nature has focused in the same place, A UNIVERSE or SEED IS
FORMED and then A SPONTANEOUS FIRE BEGINS in the egg or seed and that egg is
the beginning of one of MANY SUNS which are THE ORIGINAL CREATOR in the
form of UNIVERSAL BODIES.

In reply to an earlier post on 7 Mar 2012 10:23:03 GMT
Hi GH

Hardly original, and not all wise. However, E for effort!

Anyway, if that is your view of *wisdom*, what can you offer the world in the realm of *Good News*?

Jesus Christ not only offers far more substantial wisdom than you have mustered, He gives us the Good News as well.

Being Divine, He does have an advantage over you.

Best wishes

Paul

In reply to an earlier post on 7 Mar 2012 10:29:02 GMT
Hi again Reson

As I said to you:

You say

>>> Origin of the Universes.
There is no great mystery that lies behind the existance of a Universe as religionists would have us BELIEVE.

Please tell me more. If you believe that there is no mystery, you should be able to answer the question that I asked Mark.

>>> A Universe is as simple and natural as a tree.

O yes!?

>>> There is no GREAT MYSTERIOUS BEING who created the Universe

Then tell me your own explanation!

>>> and went off some place never to be seen again.

When, apart from in Jesus Christ, was He seen in the first place?

>>> We have never been taught that just as all living beings have a nature of their own passed on to them by Absolute Nature, Absolute Nature itself has a Nature which is called THE NATURE OF NATURE.

I am not sure what you mean by all of this.

Anyway, I look forward to reading your own explanation of the universe, without mystery, and without God.

Best wishes

Paul

In reply to an earlier post on 7 Mar 2012 10:32:35 GMT
G. Heron says:
Mr Paul Davidson

"Hardly original, and not all wise. However, E for effort!"

"Do unto others as you would have then do to you " was not original whan Jesus said it but I don't here you complaining.

Actually one of the quotes was original although the content may have been expressed differently by others previously, can you spot it?

As for the good news I would say that the good news is that there is no god. I assume by the good news you mean that god will 'save' us from the punishment he was going to give us for not being perfect ( despite being created by a perfect creature) provided we just give him complete obedience, its just a good old fashioned protection racket

Posted on 7 Mar 2012 10:43:20 GMT
Reson says:
If a book is a book of knowlegde it should explain and expand in detail.
In the begining of Genesis= Genealogy of isis. God does not expand or scientifically break down his creation. All he says is. And by the way he is sitting in darkness. he created heaven and earth. then he created light and saw that the light was good.
Here is gods first mistake, he created a greater light, the Sun and a lesser Light the moon. now we all know the moon is non luminous.
Then he says, Then God said, "Let us make man in our image, after our likeness. Now he is talking plural.who is US? and in OUR? So who was with him? Please dont say Jesus.
Now why does not god explain his creation, where is the manual to your creation. didnt he have enough tme to explain? why did it take him 6 days to create the earth? how long did it take him to create heaven? where was he before he created heaven? sitting in darkness?? twiddling his thumbs. wat a boring God!!!

Posted on 7 Mar 2012 10:47:28 GMT
Reson says:
Your God did not apply the laws of nature to his creation. why? Because alot of the mumbo jumbo in the Bible goes against the Laws of nature. And if god was so powerful why did it take him 6 days to create and then he has a bloody rest!!!. Could he off not just clicked his fingers and poof everything was in order?

In reply to an earlier post on 7 Mar 2012 10:50:16 GMT
"Your God did not apply the laws of nature to his creation. why? Because alot of the mumbo jumbo in the Bible goes against the Laws of nature"

What laws of nature and how do you know ?
If God didn't apply the laws of nature when creating nature, who did ?

In reply to an earlier post on 7 Mar 2012 10:50:44 GMT
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

Posted on 7 Mar 2012 10:51:29 GMT
Reson says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

Posted on 7 Mar 2012 11:01:34 GMT
"When the Suns have grown big enough and strong enough, they put the rest of the Universe in ORDER by growing Planets"

Suns make everything else.....? Where'd the sun come from then ?

"The Suns are PLANTS WITH BRAIN AND BLOOD and the other Universal Bodies are
PLANETS which mean SMALLER PLANTS."

eh ?

To all the rest ... eh ??

In reply to an earlier post on 7 Mar 2012 11:01:56 GMT
G. Heron says:
Mr Paul Davidson

Correct, 4 was my contribution.

"Choose Jesus Christ"
You sound like you are trying to sell something.

"In Him you have a loving Source,"
a source of what?

"and everlasting peace and joy."
I would not push eternal life as a plus until you have tried it yourself.

"Your own current version of `Good News' is nothing more than darkness and despair."
I don't believe in life after death and I don't believe there is a god looking out for me. The fact that you feel my view depressing is irelevant, the question is which view is correct and on what basis can you decide between the two.

In reply to an earlier post on 7 Mar 2012 11:08:29 GMT
A COHERENT VIEW OF REALITY (6)

Hi GH

Your response to my request from your for your own `Good News' for the world, bears out what has often been said about atheism in the past, namely that it simply has nothing positive to offer.

I have asked the atheists on this forum, a number of times now, to give a coherent view of reality. So far none have offered any.

What is your own coherent view or vision of reality, GH?

Can you give a well thought out answer?

Are you up to it?

Best wishes

Paul
Discussion locked

 

This discussion

Discussion in:  religion discussion forum
Participants:  182
Total posts:  10000
Initial post:  6 Mar 2012
Latest post:  10 Jan 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 5 customers

Search Customer Discussions