Customer Discussions > religion discussion forum

Forgivenesss. What does it mean to you?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 87 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 6 Nov 2012 23:02:33 GMT
Spin says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on 7 Nov 2012 06:56:32 GMT
DB says:
Forgiveness means forgiving those who wrong you personally. It means not holding a grudge. It means ' forgive us our tresspasses as we forgive those who tresspass against us'.
I do not have the right to pass judgement on others therefore they do not need my forgiveness.

Posted on 7 Nov 2012 18:05:02 GMT
It means, never having to take responsibility for anything.

I thoroughly disapprove of it.

Posted on 8 Nov 2012 07:15:27 GMT
XRNOHPORTER says:
According to CAAAARL.........Forgiveness sounds like, screaming....then silence.

In reply to an earlier post on 8 Nov 2012 18:34:24 GMT
Spin says:
DB: But if forgiveness is an essential part of what it is to be Christian, surely a christian cannot pick and choose who and when to forgive? And I do not see how you relate "judgement" to "forgiveness"...I can judge person to be "evil" but, if I am a christian, my forgiveness of their actions or words has nothing to do with that judgement. One cannot forgive unless one first judges..

In reply to an earlier post on 8 Nov 2012 22:32:45 GMT
DB says:
Spin

It is possible to hate the sin and love the sinner.

In reply to an earlier post on 8 Nov 2012 22:35:28 GMT
Spin says:
DB; Not a very christian attitude, is it? Do you blame the sinner or God for heinous sins? If the former, how do you square your morality with your religious ontology?

In reply to an earlier post on 8 Nov 2012 22:40:39 GMT
DB says:
Spin
Unlike you, I blame no one. I admit to being a sinner myself.

In reply to an earlier post on 8 Nov 2012 22:45:43 GMT
Spin says:
DB; No doubt you find it easy to forgive yourself..

In reply to an earlier post on 8 Nov 2012 22:47:49 GMT
"I admit to being a sinner myself."

Well, it ain't complicated, try harder, stick to the rules.

Achieve that pass to the "happy hunting ground".

Job done.

In reply to an earlier post on 8 Nov 2012 23:24:07 GMT
DB says:
Notre

Now you're starting to get it! Great!

In reply to an earlier post on 9 Nov 2012 01:30:20 GMT
Last edited by the author on 9 Nov 2012 01:31:36 GMT
Leaving your patronisation aside; I understood what Catholicism taught, aged five.

I rejected it, as nonsense, aged five.

Great?

Absolument.

Job done!

In reply to an earlier post on 9 Nov 2012 03:42:45 GMT
nephran says:
Well spin..I can't move on until my mother forgives me for trying to kill her twice..She's 13 years dead and she irks me in my dreams..I guess the 3 week long headaches and the willingness to give people a good ol' walloping will continue until i'm doing porridge or sectioned..I forgave her a little while ago for being such an evil bi tch,and still she taunts..

In reply to an earlier post on 9 Nov 2012 04:04:47 GMT
Last edited by the author on 9 Nov 2012 04:05:14 GMT
light says:
Hi Lil o Meses,

If you truly forgave her it is time you work on letting it go and not allowing her bad behavior to control the rest of your life, and it is very important to forgive yourself for trying to kill her.

I've had some people in my life that I had to forgive otherwise my future would have been ruined, and there are things that I've had to forgive myself for, self forgiveness seems almost harder to do, but it must be done in order to be at peace with oneself.

take care light

In reply to an earlier post on 9 Nov 2012 16:17:47 GMT
light,

Have I missed something? Are LoM and Stevie B the same person?

In reply to an earlier post on 9 Nov 2012 17:13:18 GMT
Wise words, Light. I've also had to learn to forgive and move on (raped) - that's the only way forward, otherwise my whole life and relationships would have remained broken. Mind you, it took me years to realise that and it's a ruddy hard thing to do, but to truly forgive and let go is a very enlightening experience. So Stevie, try to let go, hon - it's the only way forward.

In reply to an earlier post on 9 Nov 2012 17:18:58 GMT
K. Hoyles says:
Yes, forgive yourself Stevie, you are only human. Be nice to yourself and you will be able to forgive and be nice to others.
K

In reply to an earlier post on 9 Nov 2012 17:22:30 GMT
Spin - forgiveness is an essential part of humanity, not just the reserve of religions. Although, DB's NT Bible quote is a great place to start.

In reply to an earlier post on 10 Nov 2012 00:19:11 GMT
light says:
John,

Yes, Lom sometimes changes his name I've noticed from 3-4 different names and I recognized his story.

In reply to an earlier post on 10 Nov 2012 00:30:15 GMT
light says:
Hi BKC Publications,

Yes is it a long and bumpy road to recovery, all the best to you.

take care light

In reply to an earlier post on 10 Nov 2012 01:12:34 GMT
nephran says:
Hello John..Yes I had 2 different parts of my personality trying to get control of me..There was Neph and Little Ol' Meses. The kindle forum saw off Meses,Neph appeared when I was very angry and I am the original..My therapist is pleased now that i've finally come out of 3 years hibernation..Sorry if I confused everybody..

In reply to an earlier post on 10 Nov 2012 10:41:44 GMT
DB says:
Stevie
Forgiveness is one of the hardest things to do.
If your mother is incapable of feeling forgiveness, then that isn't your fault. She is the only one who can change that.
Her problems are her problems. You are not responsible for your mothers feelings. She's a grown up, she can take responsibility for herself.
The fact that you want her forgiveness is proof that you are sorry for what you did.
You don't owe her the rest of your life.
Forgive yourself. You are not the person you were then.
If I remember rightly, you were very young at the time.
Be proud that you have grown and survived this awful time. You are now a good man. Just try your best each day like the rest of us, that's all we can do, and all we can demand of ourselves. It's enough.

In reply to an earlier post on 11 Nov 2012 03:18:36 GMT
nephran says:
She's been dead 13 years DB..And still i get irked by her..How do I find forgiveness from a dead thing..

In reply to an earlier post on 11 Nov 2012 03:32:16 GMT
Last edited by the author on 11 Nov 2012 22:51:19 GMT
light says:
Hi,

One way you can find forgiveness from you mother is to pray and ask for forgiveness, (talk to her as if she were sitting next to you), or you can write a letter and read it to her, then you can bury it in the ground.

Another way is to have a surigate stand in as your mother and talk to that person as if she were your mother and ask forgiveness that way

In reply to an earlier post on 11 Nov 2012 09:04:45 GMT
K. Hoyles says:
There is something symbolic about writing a letter to someone and setting it alight, and the satisfaction of watching your troubles disappear in smoke and ashes.
K
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the religion discussion forum

This discussion

Discussion in:  religion discussion forum
Participants:  15
Total posts:  87
Initial post:  6 Nov 2012
Latest post:  21 Nov 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions