Customer Discussions > religion discussion forum

Lessons in how to empty a discussion forum.

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 126-150 of 428 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on 18 Nov 2013 15:38:31 GMT
Last edited by the author on 18 Nov 2013 15:43:22 GMT
This is a public forum. Theism has an enormous voice and influence on almost all human societies. Some of it's doctrines and dogmas I find morally repulsive, and are extremely divisive if not outright dangerous. I'm not sure why you think atheists shouldn't have the right to challenge any and all ideas, but you're wrong. I have yet to hear any credible evidence to support the beliefs of contemporary religion. Your constant accusations that atheism is belief based is still entirely unevidenced as well. Your comments on evolution are asinine, if you wish to pretend that evolution is essential for atheism then you've not given it sufficient thought, the evidence to support evolution is at least on a par with the evidence for gravity, so perhaps that is why you're struggling.

In reply to an earlier post on 18 Nov 2013 17:26:28 GMT
SJB says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on 18 Nov 2013 18:27:31 GMT
Spin says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on 18 Nov 2013 18:46:30 GMT
Mrs. F. Shaw says:
Pray tell, spin, what is the difference between a theory and a hypothesis. Please, I can hardly wait. :)

Do you not feel embarrassed by some of the stupidity that crosses your keyboard? Especially when you post it to others as if it were a truth. May I point you to several books about evolution. Read and learn before the darkness of your ignorance blinds you.

Evolution in real time can be observed in bacteria's response to antibiotics producing super-strains resistant to antibiotics. This has been said to you on several occasions yet you still try to spew this rubbish onto the forum. Honestly, read a book, spin.

In reply to an earlier post on 18 Nov 2013 18:50:41 GMT
'In reply to an earlier post on 18 Nov 2013 17:26:28 GMT

SJB says:

we observe
we observe
we observe

God did a good job, didn't He?'

I don't know. But I do know that that rather begs the question.

In reply to an earlier post on 18 Nov 2013 18:56:16 GMT
Spin "There is no scientific evidence or proof of "Evolution"."

Nonsense, utter nonsense, it's the most well evidenced scientific theory humans have.

Here's a complete fossil record of every transition of the evolution of the modern horse, over 55 million years.

http://chem.tufts.edu/science/evolution/horseevolution.htm

In reply to an earlier post on 18 Nov 2013 19:08:53 GMT
"I never said that secularism is scientific; it is, like atheism, a belief founded on science "

Spot the obvious error, here.

In reply to an earlier post on 18 Nov 2013 19:12:02 GMT
Stu says:
Evolution=biol. a)The doctrine that all forms of life originated by descent, with gradual or abrupt modifications. from preexisting forms which themselves trace backward in a continuing series to the most rudimentary organisms.b)The series of changes by which a given type of organism has acquired the physiological and structural charateristics differentiating it from other types;phylogeny. c)The old theory of preformation that the germ contains all the parts of the mature organism in minute form;developement from such a germ; opposed to epigenesis.

In reply to an earlier post on 18 Nov 2013 19:18:16 GMT
Norm Deplume says:
"we observe
we observe
we observe

God did a good job, didn't He?"

You may think that. I am of the opinion that mankind did a pretty rubbishy job by inventing gods.

Even if the 'created by God' myth were true then it does not follow that he did a good job. "We observe" using our eyes which are less effective that those of octopuses. Looks as though vertebrates got the buggy upgrade.

In reply to an earlier post on 18 Nov 2013 20:00:26 GMT

In reply to an earlier post on 18 Nov 2013 20:07:34 GMT
"God did a good job, didn't He? "

I'm inclined to look at Katie Price, Jeremy Kyle, The Fount, a third of the population of London and think...

...did he 'eck.

In reply to an earlier post on 18 Nov 2013 20:12:24 GMT
'TNF/GOMSY says:

Ha ha!!!!!! .....he he.......evolution.....tee heeeeee!!!!'

http://nontoxsoapbox.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/02/Laughing-Buddha-Blogg.jpg

That's how I picture it anyway.

In reply to an earlier post on 18 Nov 2013 20:14:54 GMT
Spin says:

In reply to an earlier post on 18 Nov 2013 20:18:07 GMT
Last edited by the author on 18 Nov 2013 20:20:19 GMT
Spin says:

Posted on 18 Nov 2013 20:25:06 GMT
easytiger says:

In reply to an earlier post on 18 Nov 2013 20:34:55 GMT
Difficult to tell the difference sometimes. Slugs don't seem to lie as much.

Welcome back, you've been missed.

In reply to an earlier post on 18 Nov 2013 20:36:01 GMT
It's another classic, right up there with no gravity, or atoms not existing, or human foetuses getting oxygen via gills in the womb. This will have to be book marked as well I feel.

In reply to an earlier post on 18 Nov 2013 20:46:44 GMT
Bearman says:
You are soooooooo wrong Spin, that I'm not even going to bother showing you up to everyone as usual.

In reply to an earlier post on 18 Nov 2013 21:06:28 GMT

In reply to an earlier post on 18 Nov 2013 21:19:35 GMT
Stu says:
spin you will never learn will you,have you not tried checking it up on your computer so you don't look so wrong all the time.

In reply to an earlier post on 18 Nov 2013 21:28:41 GMT
Why is there no sense of horror for the Buddha GOMSY?

In reply to an earlier post on 18 Nov 2013 21:58:31 GMT

In reply to an earlier post on 18 Nov 2013 22:03:14 GMT

In reply to an earlier post on 18 Nov 2013 22:12:53 GMT

Posted on 18 Nov 2013 22:29:42 GMT
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

More Customer Discussions

Most active community forums
Most active product forums

Amazon forums

This discussion

Discussion in:  religion discussion forum
Participants:  28
Total posts:  428
Initial post:  15 Nov 2013
Latest post:  25 Nov 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions