Customer Discussions > religion discussion forum

good-bye folks

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 232 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 12 Mar 2014 18:54:47 GMT
Stu says:
Well there is only so much you can discuss about religion,on all the threads that have gone through this forum and the posters that only repeat their arguments time after time or cut and paste whole pages of it,i'm afraid it has reached the end for me,I do believe that one or two of you probably feel the same as you are certainly reducing your time on here, so here is your chance to say your good-bye also,thanks to my friends on here for the chats and support,good-bye to my enemies too you know who you are all of you take care and goodbye.

In reply to an earlier post on 12 Mar 2014 18:59:59 GMT
Stu. Gomsy salutes you.

In reply to an earlier post on 12 Mar 2014 19:04:02 GMT
Withnail says:
May your feet never sweat,
your neighbor give you ne're a treat.
When flowers bloom, I hope you'll not sneeze,
and may you always have someone to sqeeze!

In reply to an earlier post on 12 Mar 2014 19:28:16 GMT
That's a shame, stu. Have a break then maybe come and chat back here later. I'm off to Spain forr a month shortly so I will take a break then also. Sometimes it is not what you post but simply that you do that provides good cheer to others.
AMICI SUMUS
Jo

In reply to an earlier post on 12 Mar 2014 19:28:30 GMT
T. Green says:
Im sorry you feel that way Stu, but you must do whatever you feel you must.

If you do stop posting entirely which I would hope is not the case, then I would take the opportunity to say, take care my friend your views and input have always seemed honest and from the heart.

Posted on 12 Mar 2014 20:04:54 GMT
Obelix says:
See you stu.

In reply to an earlier post on 12 Mar 2014 20:14:02 GMT
I hope you don't go for good stu, as I'll miss you buddy, we can't afford to lose any of the reasonable posters on here. Take some time off, have a break and you may come back when you feel differently. Good luck either way.

In reply to an earlier post on 12 Mar 2014 21:07:07 GMT
Last edited by the author on 12 Mar 2014 21:23:28 GMT
Spin says:
Stu: To be honest, you are quite right not to log onto a discussion about topics you are not familiar with or knowledgable of. No doubt we shall find you on entertainment and politics forums, eh? Unlike you, there are some on this forum who refuse to abandon it because although they have nothing to say about religion they get a kick out of insulting others as a past-time. I hope these folk follow your example and leave the Religion forum to those with a genuine interest in, and at least a basic knowledge of, the religions of this world. Ciao.

In reply to an earlier post on 12 Mar 2014 21:47:00 GMT
Last edited by the author on 12 Mar 2014 21:47:48 GMT
Cowardly - desperation!

Lets take a look at some of your sagacity posted on here, shall we?

Gills - http://www.amazon.co.uk/forum/religion/ref=cm_cd_et_md_pl?_encoding=UTF8&cdForum=Fx24A4CS3HPMJLK&cdMsgID=MxKHYRB6JTHVMV&cdMsgNo=402&cdPage=17&cdSort=oldest&cdThread=Tx14W0ZI8N6DBS8#MxKHYRB6JTHVMV

No such thing as evolution - http://www.amazon.co.uk/forum/religion/ref=cm_cd_et_md_pl?_encoding=UTF8&cdForum=Fx24A4CS3HPMJLK&cdMsgID=Mx31HYQDFSHSGJT&cdMsgNo=139&cdPage=6&cdSort=oldest&cdThread=Tx3W43X5T3177JW#Mx31HYQDFSHSGJT

Men have one more rib than women, no they don't it's shorter, then he never said either, then he alternates between claiming both and denying both.http://www.amazon.co.uk/forum/religion/ref=cm_cd_et_md_pl?_encoding=UTF8&cdForum=Fx24A4CS3HPMJLK&cdMsgID=Mx1S14CI5ZCDB24&cdMsgNo=181&cdPage=8&cdSort=oldest&cdThread=Tx15CAOU7AS2TT9#Mx1S14CI5ZCDB24

Hitler was a man of integrity (classy) http://www.amazon.co.uk/forum/religion/ref=cm_cd_et_md_pl?_encoding=UTF8&cdForum=Fx24A4CS3HPMJLK&cdMsgID=Mx11BTBKHCM8HXN&cdMsgNo=28&cdPage=2&cdSort=oldest&cdThread=Tx1N69GIXEQON3O#Mx11BTBKHCM8HXN

Gills of course calls this kind of thing ad hominem, because he has no more clue about the meaning of the phrase than he has about most topics he constantly claims expertise in.

Posted on 12 Mar 2014 21:49:53 GMT
Last edited by the author on 12 Mar 2014 22:07:55 GMT
Spin says:
I rest my case. There are those who get a thrill out of misrepresenting, insulting and deriding others instead of reading and discussing what they have to say. Such is the nature of the ignorant. They use the forums as a means entertaining their own intellectual insecurity. C'est la guerre, eh? =)

In reply to an earlier post on 12 Mar 2014 21:56:51 GMT
No, you don't, you never do, you get way too much of a kick out of trolling, and posting pompous sententious lectures, implying how much more intelligent you are than everyone who dares disagree with you. Your posts, rather ironically are either jaw droppingly stupid, or pointless snide and cowardly personal attacks, like the one above, of course you haven't the courage to deal with posters who see you for what you are.

In reply to an earlier post on 12 Mar 2014 22:00:38 GMT
Obelix says:
"There are those who get a thrill out of misrepresenting, insulting and deriding others instead of reading and discussing what they have to say"

So the new mirror arrived?

Posted on 12 Mar 2014 22:10:29 GMT
Spin says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on 12 Mar 2014 22:42:43 GMT
I'm sorry to hear that stu. I for one enjoy your contributions and admire your honesty. But I do know how you feel.

I will miss you.

In reply to an earlier post on 12 Mar 2014 23:01:21 GMT
Seconded.

In reply to an earlier post on 12 Mar 2014 23:06:11 GMT
Stu says:
just popped back to say to you spin that you always have to ruin anything that I do I guessed you would,when I HAD DISCUSSIONS WITH Ghost you had to ruin that to,basically because your ego cannot take anyone else getting any wordings for their posts taking the glory away from you,that's why you nego voted posts all the time of everybody.

In reply to an earlier post on 12 Mar 2014 23:26:19 GMT
Last edited by the author on 12 Mar 2014 23:26:58 GMT
Spin says:
Stu: "just popped back", eh? Ha! I knew you were spreading the bovine excrement...That is exactly why I did not take your post seriously. Jesus wept, stu... You are mad, but lovable=)

Posted on 12 Mar 2014 23:28:02 GMT
Last edited by the author on 13 Mar 2014 08:16:16 GMT
Roma says:
Hi Stu

I hope you're only leaving the Religion Forum (Losing my Religion REM) and that I'll still be able to talk to you on other forums. I enjoy chatting to you too much to lose you completely.

Take care

Roma

Posted on 12 Mar 2014 23:34:10 GMT
Anita says:
Stu - no offence intended, but I do suspect you'll yet change your mind at some poin.

So until then :)

Posted on 12 Mar 2014 23:41:53 GMT
Last edited by the author on 12 Mar 2014 23:42:34 GMT
Spin says:
Stu's back!!! =)

In reply to an earlier post on 13 Mar 2014 03:25:53 GMT
light says:
Hi stu,

I created a thread something similar to yours a couple of years ago ;o)

It's hard to break a habit. There are some interesting points that are made every now and then, I've decided to only reply to posts that are not degrading, there is little to learn from mean posts.

Arnold comes to mind, "I'll be back" ;o)

take care light

In reply to an earlier post on 13 Mar 2014 06:14:27 GMT
Withnail says:
Wasn't that ET?

In reply to an earlier post on 13 Mar 2014 08:11:20 GMT
How cowardly and pathetic is it to single out one poster for childish snide comments, especially when he's about the only one still bothering to read the drivel that's posted.

In reply to an earlier post on 13 Mar 2014 08:12:35 GMT
He was missed. I don't see many protesting if some others were to leave.

In reply to an earlier post on 13 Mar 2014 08:44:41 GMT
Dan Fante says:
Don't let him make this thread about him.
And all the best, Stu. Hopefully you'll just have a breather and be back soon but, either way, take care.
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the religion discussion forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Announcement
Important Announcement from Amazon
153 27 Aug 2014
guilty until proven innocent. 3 7 minutes ago
would we be better off out of the eu? 10 24 minutes ago
Why is AMAZON deleting posts and MANGLING the forum? 153 1 hour ago
Has Curiosity now found oroof of Life in Mars? 8 1 hour ago
A Challenge to Atheists: What is your Coherent View or Vision of Reality... without Almighty God? (2) 4971 3 hours ago
Church Of The Poisoned Mind 167 6 hours ago
Egyptian gets 3 years jail for saying he is atheist and for "insulting Islam" 24 7 hours ago
How different would the world be if Gnostic Christianity had been the dominant force, not the Catholic church. 142 8 hours ago
Je suis Charlie 400 18 hours ago
There is no God,it's purely a myth 217 1 day ago
Notable Bible Verses 27 1 day ago

More Customer Discussions

Most active community forums
Most active product forums

Amazon forums

This discussion

Discussion in:  religion discussion forum
Participants:  25
Total posts:  232
Initial post:  12 Mar 2014
Latest post:  9 Sep 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions