Shop now Shop now Shop now  Up to 50% Off Fashion  Shop all Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Listen with Prime Shop now Shop now
Customer Discussions > religion discussion forum

Evidence for a Creator - the support will surprise you...

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 1000 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on 20 Mar 2015 12:48:13 GMT
K. Moss says:
Hi Hugh.

Thanks for the update. I do actually - somewhere - have Clive's email address, so I may try that. It was an odd thing but with him an atheist and me a Christian, we did seem to hit it off OK.

In a strange way, I do quite miss the forums, and your own contributions, but there simply isn't the time for it anymore.

I do also keep up a contact with Neutral, largely by checking out his book reviews. He has an absolutely phenomenal capacity for reading, which puts me to shame.

Hope you are keeping well, and that there is life outside of the Amazon forums.

Bests, Kevin

In reply to an earlier post on 20 Mar 2015 10:21:52 GMT
Hi Kevin, Clive was banned a while back, unfortunately. He might still read the forum but can't reply on here. The post you're replying to is from 2012. ;O)

Quite a few folk have been banned or moved on, you'll be delighted to know that "Paul" Davidson is still with us, however, banging out the doggerel and posting large chunks of his favourite authors.

All the best, Hugh.

In reply to an earlier post on 20 Mar 2015 09:51:08 GMT
K. Moss says:
Clive - hope you're keeping well, and business is back on a firmer footing.

Have kind of lost all interest in the Amazon forums for some time, and was too busy anyway - but a reminder popped into my inbox, and I thought I'd check to see if you are still here.

And you are!! We never did manage that beer - your colleague may have mentioned that I'd been in touch a while back, and I think you were away at the time.

Regards, Kevin

In reply to an earlier post on 20 Mar 2015 09:42:40 GMT
So, the two Anitas finally meet. Doesn't this tear a hole in the fabric of reality, or something smilar?

In reply to an earlier post on 20 Mar 2015 01:44:53 GMT
Anita says:
Nope, not all.

Considering how many people apologised to me for confusing me with you, I'd rather give all your books a pass :)

Posted on 20 Mar 2015 01:06:05 GMT
[Deleted by Amazon on 21 Mar 2015 13:30:02 GMT]

In reply to an earlier post on 31 May 2013 23:07:21 BDT
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on 31 May 2013 22:25:36 BDT
Dr HotFXMan says:
Hey Bert,

How are things? Haven't heard from you in ages. Seems you've not been in Pickwick's either. I was there last weekend to watch the Dortmund-Bayern match and none of the regulars knew where you were. I guess since your experiment was shut down on health and safety grounds you'll have been at a bit of a loose end. I heard they also revoked your site ID. Remember they have armed guards at CERN so don't try anything silly.

So I suppose you're back to mending bicycles? I tried one of the electric bikes you can rent down by the bridge on Sunday morning and cycled along the lake for a while. Thought I'd pedal for a few kms and let the bike bring me back. Turned out they hadn't charged the battery! Was it one of yours?

By the way, I read your piece in Physics Today about your 14-TeV plans. Bert, you really have to realise - you no longer work there. All this Walter Mitty'ing just makes you look more and more of a has-been. Stick to the bikes is my advice. But do remember to plug them in at night!

In reply to an earlier post on 31 May 2013 19:17:04 BDT
Spin says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on 31 May 2013 17:57:15 BDT
Garscadden says:
The point is that if you want to pass information then it is generally better to use accepted language. Making words up is not generally a good idea, when there is a perfectly good one already existing to cover exactly what one is talking about.

(Yes - there are _good_ authors who do make up words, torture language etc. This author is not one of those; lets be honest here - it is a stupid affectation.)

In reply to an earlier post on 31 May 2013 08:20:45 BDT
AJ Murray says:
Is that wise? He might start humping our legs to get the attention so clearly desires.

In reply to an earlier post on 31 May 2013 01:09:30 BDT
Henry James says:
Spin is, again, ruining this one.
Let's all put him on ignore and REALLY ignore him.

In reply to an earlier post on 31 May 2013 00:57:44 BDT
Last edited by the author on 31 May 2013 04:30:13 BDT
Anita says:
Just en passant: her Lithuanian for "cat" is not exactly wrong, but for this particular animal this (masculine) form is secondary and not used when speaking about cats in general, by using it you exclude *all* the female cats (same goes for foxes, but not for wolves, et cetera)

[Edit - this is a reply to an earlier Garscadden's post, not Spin's]

In reply to an earlier post on 30 May 2013 23:57:03 BDT
Spin says:

In reply to an earlier post on 30 May 2013 23:50:05 BDT
Anita says:
If I believe what - how that is relevant - and my *name* is also a *word* that should be spelt correctly :)

In reply to an earlier post on 30 May 2013 23:47:35 BDT
Spin says:

Posted on 30 May 2013 23:45:07 BDT
Anita says:
Dear me, funtime again?..

No, the word "God" is not a sign. It is a *word*, it consists of three letters and it should be spelt correctly.

And who said that "God", or "Yahweh", or "Allah" are names? Hardly anyone did. Just Spin wanted to show everyone that he knows that...

Not so sure about fun anymore, actually

In reply to an earlier post on 30 May 2013 23:38:45 BDT
Spin says:

In reply to an earlier post on 30 May 2013 23:26:53 BDT
Spin says:

In reply to an earlier post on 30 May 2013 09:22:14 BDT
Bellatori says:
Being dyslexic (and a teacher!) this used to be my bete noir. My wife had to read all the worksheets I designed and any mistake meant starting from scratch and retyping - no word processor. I was dragged to Carlisle for a TV interview which asked me what had helped me most with my dyslexia... I replied, other than listening to my wife as she gave lessons to dyslexic pupils (she worked from home whilst the kids were little so I would be dealing with the kids whilst she was teaching with the door open!) it was the advent of the word processor with a SPELL CHECKER. We are talking about the late 80s here, over 20 years ago. There really is no excuse for poor spelling now. OK so homonyms are a bit of a problem (there/their hear/here etc.) but grammar checkers are pretty good at spotting most of those as well.

It is the smug 'I have written a book' that makes me smile. Look, words! Some of them in the right place and even spelled correctly

Anyone remember the Morecambe and Wise sketch with Andre Previn where Eric plays the Grieg A minor piano concerto? [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R7GeKLE0x3s]

"I'm playing all the right notes-but not necessarily in the right order."[

In reply to an earlier post on 29 May 2013 23:10:39 BDT
Garscadden says:
I tried the look inside, and it seems she can't spell God. If she can't even spell God I don't hold any hope of the rest of it being worth reading. Pity really. Maybe she'll learn to spell? Or just get a spell checker?

In reply to an earlier post on 29 May 2013 17:30:15 BDT

Posted on 29 May 2013 16:57:04 BDT
Last edited by the author on 29 May 2013 17:09:36 BDT
Anita Meyer says:

In reply to an earlier post on 25 Apr 2013 22:11:10 BDT
Is your TV show a religious piece of crap that has an audience who will believe anything you tell them?

are your viewers and your staff poorly educated and a little inbred?

If you have a hole to fill in your schedule and you need something even more crazy than your usual day dreams, then you should call

The Anita Team

Bam ba baaaa, Bada baaaa.

She'll fie up the holy hand grenade a through straight down your brain hole

and a legend is born, perhaps Anita is Je--s reborn?????

In reply to an earlier post on 24 Apr 2013 21:49:29 BDT
sorry but this is one of the best threads here. i really need to keep my sense of humour and this thread has it in spades :-) although we do seem to have an alternative now having moved on to Aliens................. we really shouldn't take ourselves too seriously!
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 350 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the religion discussion forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Announcement
Important Announcement from Amazon
154 12 Aug 2015
Remain or Leave? 472 34 minutes ago
If an all knowledgeable God created life, why is there cancer? 1151 1 hour ago
Today's most intelligent and outspoken atheist is .... 249 1 hour ago
The Power of Prayer. 1860 1 hour ago
2nd referendum, for those that don't believe in democracy. 30 4 hours ago
Where did science orignally come from ? 532 9 hours ago
Christopher Hicthens 4019 10 hours ago
New Evidence That Christianity is Fake and Jesus Never Existed 1024 10 hours ago
What will happen first. The London BBC stop moaning that it's not fair, our side lost, wegot less votes but we supported remain and want the result changing. Or Jesus revisits the earth. 24 18 hours ago
Time to ignore the religion forums trolls.? 158 18 hours ago
The Bible is not the "Word of God" 1541 20 hours ago

More Customer Discussions

Most active community forums
Most active product forums

Amazon forums

This discussion

Discussion in:  religion discussion forum
Participants:  170
Total posts:  8734
Initial post:  29 May 2011
Latest post:  20 Mar 2015

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 11 customers

Search Customer Discussions