Shop now Shop now Shop now  Up to 70% Off Fashion  Shop all Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Shop now Shop now
Customer Discussions > pop discussion forum

Call and Response Part 11

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 26-50 of 887 posts in this discussion
Posted on 27 May 2013 22:59:28 BDT
Lez Lee says:
Did she solve the Peter Cetera problem?

In reply to an earlier post on 27 May 2013 23:42:32 BDT
nocheese says:
Hold that thought.....

Posted on 28 May 2013 00:09:36 BDT
Last edited by the author on 28 May 2013 00:10:26 BDT
RedAlFire says:
How about Chaka Khan and Peter Cetera released Feels Like Heaven? Or are you doing a Lez and expecting us to do a lot more? ;-)

BTW, I presume it IS the band Chicago we're after and not the place...or the show? Just asking...

In reply to an earlier post on 28 May 2013 08:32:59 BDT
nocheese says:
Hi Al, we are indeed after the band, and well swooped. All yours.

Posted on 28 May 2013 11:48:11 BDT
Lez Lee says:
*$^@*!

In reply to an earlier post on 28 May 2013 12:10:09 BDT
RedAlFire says:
A rose by any other name Lez.....;-) Back in a mo...

Posted on 28 May 2013 12:31:36 BDT
Last edited by the author on 28 May 2013 16:44:06 BDT
RedAlFire says:
Chicago to Michael Crawford

In reply to an earlier post on 28 May 2013 15:04:12 BDT
nocheese says:
It should be from Chicago, Al, though that may not make a difference?

In reply to an earlier post on 28 May 2013 16:45:25 BDT
RedAlFire says:
You are right nc...I've edited...disregard PC as the first link was he is/was lead singer of....

In reply to an earlier post on 2 Jun 2013 14:24:14 BDT
nocheese says:
Not getting anywhere with this one, Al, but I thought you'd like to know that I took your advice and had a punt on the euromillions - won £5.80! Well, £1.80 really, as I spent £4.00 on 2 tickets. Not quite enough to retire to the sun, I'm afraid.

In reply to an earlier post on 2 Jun 2013 18:07:11 BDT
Last edited by the author on 2 Jun 2013 18:08:15 BDT
RedAlFire says:
I'm always impressed when anyone wins anything on them nc. So good on yer! That was a day that prompted such a thing though wasn't it?
Anyway..the sun is packed ready for it's long weekend in the UK I'm told!

;-)

As for the link...as I said, disregard Peter C, maybe concentrate on their output? It is a short couple of steps to the answer...

Posted on 2 Jun 2013 18:15:44 BDT
Lez Lee says:
Al, many years ago we won £5,000 on Thunderball.
It vanished into the great pool of debt.:-(

In reply to an earlier post on 2 Jun 2013 18:27:41 BDT
RedAlFire says:
Well done Lez...but sadly that is the only pool where you are ALWAYS swimming against the tide.

I've always been quite lucky with little opportunities I'm pleased to say. Sweepstakes, Raffles, even one-arm bandits I've taken more from than put in. Never that much - but certainly enough to make me smile and enjoy a few more days (or be able to brighten the days of others). Shared £68 on lottery once...with 5 others! Got 24 points on pools too...minimum jackpot of £2.00 on quite a few first dividends as loads and loads of draws that week!

Before moving out here I spent over a year on ebay turbo-listing loads of stuff/junk that just couldn't make the trip. Pleased to say very lucky with response - I thought I was the only idiot who would want most of it!

Posted on 2 Jun 2013 18:50:01 BDT
Lez Lee says:
Weird! I won exactly £68 for 24 pts. Bought a slide projector.

Posted on 2 Jun 2013 20:08:32 BDT
nocheese says:
Chicago's biggest hit 'If You leave Me Now ' was covered by John Barrowman, who has played Raoul in 'The Phantom of the Opera', although not as far as I know in the same production which starred Micheal Crawford as The Phantom.

In reply to an earlier post on 2 Jun 2013 23:33:27 BDT
RedAlFire says:
Afraid you need to go to a bit earlier in their discography nc. No link to Phantom needed here.

Posted on 3 Jun 2013 18:43:30 BDT
nocheese says:
Chicago recorded 'Saturday in the Park'; moving on over the weekend, Stephen Sondheim wrote the musical 'Sunday in the Park with George'. He also wrote 'A Funny Thing Happened on the way to the Forum, which Michael Crawford has been in.

In reply to an earlier post on 3 Jun 2013 19:47:22 BDT
RedAlFire says:
Afraid not nc...earlier even than Saturday ITP and some time before the album Chicago IV.

Posted on 12 Jun 2013 09:51:39 BDT
nocheese says:
Anything to do with '25 or 6 to4?'

In reply to an earlier post on 12 Jun 2013 10:03:26 BDT
RedAlFire says:
Once again it is thee an me it seems nc.

Not that title nc, a more commercially successful title from the same album. I know this is said often, but once you see the title I'm sure you'll get this.

In reply to an earlier post on 12 Jun 2013 10:51:24 BDT
nocheese says:
I know you said no link to Phantom, but I'm posting this anyway, because it's interesting.

'Chicago recorded 'Make Me Smile', which brings to mind the similarly titled 'Make Me Smile (Come Up and See Me) by Steve Harley and Cockney Rebel. Now here's the interesting bit - Steve Harley was all set to star in 'Phantom of the Opera', but was replaced at the last minute by Michael Crawford.

Posted on 13 Jun 2013 22:45:25 BDT
nocheese says:
'Colour My World' by Chicago is an extremely popular 'First dance' at weddings, as is 'All I Ask of You' by Michael Crawford. ( Presumably these are both songs where no actual dancing is required.)

Posted on 13 Jun 2013 23:14:03 BDT
RedAlFire says:
My apologies nc, I have misled you. It is not the album Chicago you need but the previous album Chicago Transit Authority...which was their debut double album. All should become clear....

I knew of the offer and withdrawal to Steve Harley. He was a fairly regular act at Dartford's Orchard Theatre who were a customer 'back in the day' when I ran a modest fire protection company. Apparently he was mooted for his live and video performances for his more 'emotive' songs (Sebastian is a prime example) - the reason he didn't get it is that, apparently, after recording the theme song with Sarah Brightman (his is the first voice for the phantom) it was realised his voice didn't fit the character! Bit late IMO.

Maybe when he sang 'Sing for me, sing my angel of music, etc' he couldn't resist adding 'She made us 'appy!'

Posted on 13 Jun 2013 23:14:26 BDT
[Deleted by the author on 13 Jun 2013 23:14:34 BDT]

Posted on 14 Jun 2013 15:03:09 BDT
RedAlFire says:
One of his earlier characters may help...particularly a line often repeated perhaps?
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the pop discussion forum (999 discussions)

More Customer Discussions

Most active community forums
Most active product forums

Amazon forums

This discussion

Discussion in:  pop discussion forum
Participants:  10
Total posts:  887
Initial post:  22 May 2013
Latest post:  15 May 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions