Customer Discussions > pop discussion forum

It's back...The Weekly Punt (football prediction game) 2013/14 ~ Open To Everyone

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 1000 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 2 Aug 2013 13:09:54 BDT
Last edited by the author on 13 Aug 2013 13:40:55 BDT
MC Zaptone says:
YES..........It's back. Season 4 of 'The Weekly Punt' an entertaining interactive football prediction game that's open to everyone. It doesn't matter if you're a budding football pundit or just like a simple bit of pot-luck fun. COME AND GIVE IT A GO.

GAME & RULES:
Either google: bbc football premier league predictor
Or go to: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_prem/predictor/default.stm
Bookmark it for ease of use, week on week.

Simply fill in the scores of the games (that are posted here every week)
and then press the 'Update Table' button. The Premier league table will magically adjust and will now show all the teams positions based on your predictions.
We then post (back here) the TOP SIX and the BOTTOM THREE teams - their league position and their goal difference (GD) we are not interested in how many league points they have.

**NOTE: If a team does not feature on the BBC predictor in one of the nine (9) league positions that we are punting on (1st to 6th then 18;19 & 20th) NO points will be awarded.

ONE point awarded for every correct team position and TWO points for correctly guessing their Goal Difference.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
THAT'S IT. SIMPLE AND FUN.
We then add everybody's weekly scores and I post the results in the form of a league table.

**HOLIDAY PUNTS: I try to get all 20 teams games in every week, Sky have reintroduced Monday night footy and occasionally we get a Tuesday game but in general we try to avoid midweek games. We don't punt on the International and F.A. Cup weekends. So if you are going on holiday please feel free to punt ahead with the date of each individual punt (don't forget to 'update table' between each week) As you won't know the exact games we are punting on while you are away you might miss out on a game or two but at least you will get some points.

**ABSENTEE PUNTS due to illness/caring for others. We will implement the Lez's Punt system
Ie. Whoever is absent, their next weekly punt will be a duplicate copy of this weeks winner's next punt (plus 1 point for good measure).

**POSTPONED OR CANCELLED MATCHES** If a match that appears on the BBC predictor is cancelled for any reason punters will receive 2 points 'in lieu' of points lost for that particular game. 2 postponed games will accrue 4 points and so on.

So, welcome back to all last years participants (please notice it's the TOP 6 and BOTTOM 3 teams again this season) and a big hello to new Punters. Please do not hesitate to ask questions.

WELCOME ALONG & GOOD LUCK

Posted on 2 Aug 2013 13:15:39 BDT
RAB says:
I'm in.

Just wish Moyes would hurry up and sign someone!

Posted on 4 Aug 2013 12:22:55 BDT
MC Zaptone says:
So who else is playing this season?

In reply to an earlier post on 4 Aug 2013 12:26:38 BDT
Last edited by the author on 4 Aug 2013 13:21:23 BDT
Sj Brooke says:
Yep, Me.
Deal me in MC.

In reply to an earlier post on 4 Aug 2013 12:39:46 BDT
A. bailey says:
I'm back in MC.

Posted on 4 Aug 2013 14:05:25 BDT
Val H. says:
And me please!

Posted on 4 Aug 2013 15:24:27 BDT
Me too.

Posted on 4 Aug 2013 15:41:03 BDT
TheFoe says:
Count me in please MC!

Posted on 5 Aug 2013 00:25:10 BDT
Lez Lee says:
And me of course!

Posted on 5 Aug 2013 01:34:08 BDT
RedAlFire says:
I'm going to be missing for the first few unless wifi coverage is better than that experienced so far. :-(

Posted on 5 Aug 2013 02:20:53 BDT
Wharf Rat says:
I'm in MC.....can't see Arsenal and Spurs doing well this season.....;-)

Posted on 5 Aug 2013 10:17:44 BDT
MC Zaptone says:
With myself that makes 10. I'm hoping RedJohn, Schiz, Mark Kibble, Philip, David, Greysuit and anyone else I've forgotten (apologies!) will all join us once again. If you come across them maybe you could ask them or redirect them to here.

If anyone out there is wondering whether to join in or not, please feel free to give it a go.
We're a nice bunch and it will give you another 'take' on the season ahead.
Even if you hate football!!
Cheers
MC

In reply to an earlier post on 5 Aug 2013 11:27:44 BDT
Mark Kibble says:
I'm in.

Posted on 5 Aug 2013 13:17:26 BDT
RedJohn says:
Me as well.

Posted on 5 Aug 2013 13:53:49 BDT
T. Franklin says:
Still got too much other stuff going on to give the famous punt the attention it deserves, so shan't be rejoining for this season

Posted on 5 Aug 2013 22:47:17 BDT
TheFoe says:
C'mon Schiz, quit mopping about how little Wenger is going to spend on the @rse, and how you can play hide and seek in your trophy cabinet, and stick your name down!!

Posted on 5 Aug 2013 23:29:45 BDT
Greysuit says:
Oooh Yeeeesssss !

Well done MC - I'm so in - you can't believe it - I've got a score to settle with a certain dockside rodent friend this year.

☺ ☺ ☺

In reply to an earlier post on 6 Aug 2013 14:53:43 BDT
Wharf Rat says:
...btw Foe,we let Spurs have a draw in the pre-season friendlies..;-)

Posted on 6 Aug 2013 15:06:14 BDT
Yep..In, although I'm away from the 16th August for 3 weeks or so.
Come on you Arsenal :-)

In reply to an earlier post on 6 Aug 2013 16:54:38 BDT
TheFoe says:
Who, Colchester or Swindon?

Posted on 6 Aug 2013 21:54:24 BDT
Greysuit says:
Just looked at the predictor and can't help but notice that Spurs are in the drop zone already !!

☺ ☺ ☺

In reply to an earlier post on 6 Aug 2013 22:08:59 BDT
TheFoe says:
Yeah but it's also the only time that you'll see Arsenal on top! :-)

In reply to an earlier post on 6 Aug 2013 22:24:32 BDT
Wherever we end up you can be sure it will be above your sorry mob... as usual!

Posted on 7 Aug 2013 01:21:42 BDT
TheFoe says:
You win for now Schiz, but the gloves are off Sir!!

Posted on 7 Aug 2013 17:18:10 BDT
Wharf Rat says:
...btw Foe we have 6! players from Spurs on our books....I've heared we are
now called Swindon Hotspurs or was it Spurs Reserves.....
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 83 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the pop discussion forum (950 discussions)

More Customer Discussions

Most active community forums
Most active product forums

Amazon forums

This discussion

Discussion in:  pop discussion forum
Participants:  18
Total posts:  2056
Initial post:  2 Aug 2013
Latest post:  2 Jul 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions