Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop All Amazon Fashion Up to 70% off Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Shop Amazon Fire TV Shop now Shop Fire HD 6 Learn More Shop now Shop now Shop now
Customer Discussions > pop discussion forum

It's back...The Weekly Punt (football prediction game) 2013/14 ~ Open To Everyone

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 1000 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on 2 Jul 2014 22:14:03 BDT
Greysuit says:
Close to the Edge - Close To The Edge I hear you say - It'll all end up in Tears.

Football's Coming Home - well The England squad have (along with a few other surprise early exits).

☺ ☺ ☺

Posted on 7 Jun 2014 22:15:54 BDT
Last edited by the author on 7 Jun 2014 22:21:16 BDT
TheFoe says:
Lol storm stops play! Literally a minute before the ref made the decision to halt proceedings, I was thinking what would happen if a player didn't want to play in a storm. You can almost picture the scene, a player points to the sky and then to the bench whilst looking at his manager, in much the same way that Linekar did with Gascoigne. The only difference was instead of saying, 'keep your eye on him he's close to the edge', he was saying, 'that gets any worse, sub me gaffer!' ;-)

In reply to an earlier post on 1 Jun 2014 22:25:17 BDT
Sj Brooke says:
:O))

In reply to an earlier post on 1 Jun 2014 22:20:37 BDT
anita, i think you'll find the phrase is "oh yes Maradona is on the tv with the 'hand of god' goal" :)

In reply to an earlier post on 1 Jun 2014 21:49:52 BDT
Lez Lee says:
Sorry Anita, senior moment, lost track of time. Thought it was much earlier!

Posted on 1 Jun 2014 21:46:59 BDT
A. bailey says:
No nothing like that "oh no Maradona is on the tv with the 'hand of God' goal"sorry I was just curious and you'd mentioned your team and I wondered if they won.

In reply to an earlier post on 1 Jun 2014 19:43:30 BDT
yes, indeed by 3-0, anita. watched all the coaches full of glenafton supporters with faces that would stink ham, going home. no that great a distance, mind.
have you interests/relatives in the fair village (or just a wad of money riding on it)?

Posted on 1 Jun 2014 18:55:25 BDT
A. bailey says:
Thanks Lez.I was just curious.

Posted on 1 Jun 2014 18:38:37 BDT
Lez Lee says:
Doesn't start 'til 4.05, Anita.

Posted on 1 Jun 2014 18:20:09 BDT
A. bailey says:
Did Hurlford win Tech?

Posted on 1 Jun 2014 08:02:35 BDT
junior cup final today - hurlford united v glenafton athletic at rugby park. ko. 4.05 pm

for all you fact fans out there, hurlford is a village on the outskirts of kilmarnock, and the potential history making element to this game is that the local amateur team (hurlford thistle) have already won the scottish amateur cup, meaning that a victory for united will create a unique 'double', as no other town/village has held both of these titles at the same time (even more amazing if you are familiar with the village). it looks like a pre-arranged commitment will prevent me attending, but all you scottish based mfers can watch the game live on bbc alba, if'n you don't mind a bit of gaelic, as regards the commentary.
gaun the 'ford!

In reply to an earlier post on 27 May 2014 16:49:10 BDT
TheFoe says:
Ha ha! :-)

In reply to an earlier post on 27 May 2014 16:48:07 BDT
Last edited by the author on 27 May 2014 16:49:03 BDT
RedAlFire says:
OK...I get changing your name to Charles Bronson from Michael Gordon Peterson, I get having visions of Ronnie Kray and writing to his ex-wife, I even get covering yourself in Lurpak but....a lifelong Spurs fan?????? Talk about sucker for punishment!

No wonder he's spent 36 of the past 40 years in solitary confinement!!

:-)

Posted on 27 May 2014 16:24:03 BDT
TheFoe says:
You're a lifelong Spurs fan, and Arsenal have just beaten Hull in the F.A. Cup final, you're also the most dangerous person in Britain, something's got to give!

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/people/charles-bronson-smothered-himself-in-butter-and-attacked-12-prison-guards-because-arsenal-beat-hull-at-wembley-9437537.html

In reply to an earlier post on 25 May 2014 13:03:06 BDT
RedAlFire says:
Thought Real deserved to win overall as they were prepared to attack from the start. Bale was atrocious most of the match, couldn't pass or dribble or shoot straight and probably lost around 30 million off his value EXCEPT for a most skillful adapted header that JUST sneaked in. Ronaldo looked rusty to say the least but he can sure bury penalties.

Agree with you Schiz that Di Maria was really on song (remember him playing like that at Benfica when making his name), if he could improve the consistency of his crossing he would be a real world beater. One to look out for in Brazil later. Also thought Sergio Ramos was immense for them as Casillas looked quite amateurish in goal (probably due to being only played in Europe for nearly two seasons now).

Atletico paid for gambling on Costa up front imo. Didn't look fit from the get-go.

The most tired Real Madrid player at the end looked to be Xavi Alonso...and he wasn't even playing!

Posted on 25 May 2014 02:04:25 BDT
As much as I despise monkey chimp Tottenham boy Bale I have to say I was well pleased with the result tonight! Not only does Real winning keep Mrs Schiz happy, also I had £50.00 on Madrid to win so got a bit of a payback (at 9/2 it wasn't much but a win is a win!), felt a bit sorry for Atletico in the end as they had worked so hard and were only 2 minutes away from wining..tough! For me man of the match was Di Maria who basically ran riot over the A.M. defence after half time..sign him up Arsene!!

In reply to an earlier post on 22 May 2014 22:35:47 BDT
yeah, all his experience beating partick and st mirren will come in handy then. :)

Posted on 22 May 2014 22:19:32 BDT
RedAlFire says:
So, Neil Lennon to be reunited with Aaron at White Hart Lane next season? He's got Champions League experience after all! :-)

Posted on 22 May 2014 21:59:35 BDT
RedAlFire says:
David Moyes Investigated Over 'Wine Bar Assault'

Seemingly he assaulted a 23 year old man in Emporium wine bar in Clitheroe. It's the first sign of any attacking intent from the man since he left Everton!! From Milky Bar Kid to Clitheroe Kid in one smooth movement.

Seemingly he's now being linked to the empty managerial post at Celtic, and therefore a return to Champions League football next season....aaahhhh yesss....we're all beginning to see his cunning plan now....!!

In reply to an earlier post on 21 May 2014 21:05:45 BDT
RedAlFire says:
Can anybody really be ready for such a thing Schiz?

I know that I'll be happy to be around 3 hours away by public transport this weekend - fortunately we have an athletics competition (European Club Championships) in the stadium here over Saturday and Sunday so that will be a release for all. However, being so close to Spain and it being Andalucia, everyone is one or t'other and no doubt, if they cannot be in Lisboa....they will watch it here in Portugal somewhere!

A local bar we frequent has a lady chef who supports Atletico, we were exchanging high fives after the result against Barca at the weekend (a game that got far more Portuguese watching than the FA Cup final). The place will be beset with supporters from both sides I fear this weekend...quite it will not be!!! Ay caramba!!!

In reply to an earlier post on 21 May 2014 12:19:36 BDT
Are you ready for the invasion of the Madrileños Al?

Posted on 21 May 2014 12:16:30 BDT
RedAlFire says:
Update from your agent in Lisbon....well now and again anyway!

Buzzed up to the capital last Monday to see the civic presentation to Benfica by the council of Lisbon. They duly won the Portuguese Cup last Sunday defeating Rio Ave (the same team they beat in the Taca De Liga - League Cup) giving them an unprecedented clean sweep of all the national trophies. Not a bad return for the season - winners of the Portuguese Liga, Taca de Portugal and Taca de Liga and runners-up in the Europa League!

Reckon there'll be another sale going on at Benfica once World Cup over, they've already signed a new Polish midfielder from Gdansk. Rumours abound that Cardozo is going to Trabzonspor, Gaitan and Rodrigo to the Premiership (Liverpool, United, Chelsea and City all mentioned) maybe Oblak too (seriously, this guy is a really good keeper). Other names linked to France and Germany. Every season a new team...!

Posted on 18 May 2014 01:43:20 BDT
yaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted on 17 May 2014 23:44:11 BDT
TheFoe says:
Don't think either teams played as well as they could but I thought it was a pretty entertaining game of football, and as much as it pains me to say this, Arsenal probably deserved the win.

In reply to an earlier post on 17 May 2014 20:14:53 BDT
RedAlFire says:
Was out carousing and Mrs RedAl said ''Let's not bother with the Cup Final it's only Arsenal v Hull and I bet it'll be boring''. So instead we watched the Barca v At. Madrid decider - fabulous atmosphere here. Loads of booze flowing and actually came out of a bar here with more money than I went in with, so who did win the FA Cup final then? I presume by the last post it was Arsenal? Whoopee doo for Arsene...um, not!
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 83 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  pop discussion forum
Participants:  18
Total posts:  2056
Initial post:  2 Aug 2013
Latest post:  2 Jul 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions