Shop now Shop now Shop now  Up to 50% Off Fashion  Shop all Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Listen with Prime Shop now Shop now
Customer Discussions > politics discussion forum

Pyongyang or Brighton...where would you rather live?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 58 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 23 Apr 2013 19:41:54 BDT
Rob Liddle, Sunday Times columnist wrote he would rather live in Pyongyang than Brighton, the fount believes Mr Liddle may have a point! Brighton is dirty, smelly, polluted...crime is a big problem...as is alcohol abuse and drugs...every Friday and Saturday night the streets are filled with drunken chavvy yobs creating mayhem...where would you rather live?

In reply to an earlier post on 23 Apr 2013 20:24:49 BDT
Garscadden says:
Brighton is an awesome place to live. So - Brighton over Pyongyang any day.

In reply to an earlier post on 23 Apr 2013 22:25:24 BDT
[Deleted by Amazon on 16 Jul 2013 11:19:59 BDT]

In reply to an earlier post on 23 Apr 2013 22:40:19 BDT
David Groom says:
Brian the Braindead,

'You've forgotten or are unaware of one other unfavourable aspect of Brighton......David Groom originates from there.'

I made it what it is - one of the coolest places in the UK to live. I now live in the second coolest and am working on improving its standing still further.

In reply to an earlier post on 23 Apr 2013 22:45:06 BDT
[Deleted by Amazon on 16 Jul 2013 11:20:03 BDT]

In reply to an earlier post on 23 Apr 2013 22:46:37 BDT
Has Mr Liddle lived in these places?

In reply to an earlier post on 24 Apr 2013 04:45:14 BDT
Wise words from the boards "sage".

In reply to an earlier post on 24 Apr 2013 08:05:57 BDT
and onion.

In reply to an earlier post on 24 Apr 2013 10:08:40 BDT
David Groom says:
Brian the Braindead,

'Not so cool to answer my post within 15 minutes showing you are a permanent pest/presence on this forum.'

So? You seem to post plenty on here, little of which has value, but I don't complain about your presence. I'm quite tolerant of lower forms of life - they are to be pited and indulged.

'Or did you just happen to be browsing Az when my comment appeared, as I've often seen you claim many times before on here?'

Like a lot of people on here, I drop in regularly. It's always nice to see the animals at the zoo. If something takes my fancy then I'll respond to it - you mentioned my name and I responded. If you didn't want me to you should have used some discretion and shut up, shouldn't you?

Posted on 2 May 2013 09:46:23 BDT
Dan Fante says:
I'm going to opt for Brighton:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-22377678

Posted on 2 May 2013 10:30:55 BDT
Peter Cox says:
No country can beat UK. God bless her Queen and may she always be free

In reply to an earlier post on 2 May 2013 10:40:32 BDT
Dan Fante says:
Except at football.

In reply to an earlier post on 2 May 2013 11:25:40 BDT
The Queen or The Country?

In reply to an earlier post on 2 May 2013 13:36:35 BDT
Stu says:
hi peter,i do not know about your statement "no country can beat UK" i really do believe its where you live and the conditions in your neighbourhood that count,if you live in a set of 6 flats and are surrounded by yobbos and morons,and not high enough on waiting list to transfer yet,it gets a little hard most week-end nights,and getting up to take your dog for a walk having to dodge all the puke!!

In reply to an earlier post on 2 May 2013 14:07:16 BDT
Last edited by the author on 2 May 2013 16:05:18 BDT
Dear Peter...beat in what sense...?...high crime, drugs, violence...yep...Petey is right!

In reply to an earlier post on 3 May 2013 12:59:45 BDT
This subject is so 'gay'. (A politically-incorrect Kemp Town resident).

In reply to an earlier post on 3 May 2013 13:01:09 BDT
There are lots of queens in Kemp Town. Have a gay day, darling.

Posted on 3 May 2013 17:56:00 BDT
The problem with living with Pyongyang is that you presumably have to be dedicated to your government and the personality cult of your leaders, and any disloyalty might just incur you and your entire extended family being thrown in the gulag.

Do you want freedom of thought, belief etc., or do you want freedom from crime etc.?

In reply to an earlier post on 3 May 2013 18:04:12 BDT
Stu says:
richard do we have complete freedom of thought living in the uk? or do we have freedom of thought but not freedom of speech?

In reply to an earlier post on 3 May 2013 19:11:32 BDT
We have more than the North Koreans probably do. There are certain things (like percieved threats to people, so called "hate speech" and threats of terrorism particularly, though other things like Christians street preachers have got into trouble) that could get you into difficulties with the police or maybe get a public order offence slapped on you. Or at least saying the "wrong" thing at the "wrong" time. There are certain cases where you need a permit to protest, like in and around Parliament. But most of the time you can say what you like and not expect to end up in jail.

In reply to an earlier post on 3 May 2013 21:35:48 BDT
Good post Richard...the fount approves!

Posted on 3 May 2013 22:00:18 BDT
Spin says:
I wonder what other nations think of the influx of the british into their culture...

In reply to an earlier post on 3 May 2013 22:18:38 BDT
Stu says:
in what way do you actually mean that spin

In reply to an earlier post on 3 May 2013 22:29:13 BDT
Spin says:
stu: I mean it is OK for our citizens to emigrate to other nations but unacceptable for other nations to emigrate to the UK... (We are, after all, intellectually and financially superior. They want us more than we want them)

In reply to an earlier post on 3 May 2013 22:38:30 BDT
Stu says:
i thought so thats why soon there will be more of them than us,yes
‹ Previous 1 2 3 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the politics discussion forum

More Customer Discussions

Most active community forums
Most active product forums

Amazon forums

This discussion

Discussion in:  politics discussion forum
Participants:  19
Total posts:  58
Initial post:  23 Apr 2013
Latest post:  18 May 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions