Posted on 11 Mar 2012 17:45:24 GMT
[Deleted by Amazon on 21 Mar 2012 13:19:53 GMT]

Posted on 11 Mar 2012 17:56:10 GMT
David Groom says:
9. Simon Boyd.

In reply to an earlier post on 11 Mar 2012 18:31:11 GMT
Last edited by the author on 11 Mar 2012 18:31:49 GMT
S.R.J says:
when you refer to football, are you possibly , along with many others, assuming that football exists only in the premiere league. What about low league clubs, amateur football, workplace 5 a side teams, .........................you see I think football is a force for good, I was a ref for sunday league football for many years. In short whats your issue with football Simon.
S.R.J

Posted on 11 Mar 2012 19:08:09 GMT
Spin says:
A good reason to be be ashamed to be "British" is accepting ones nation as a part of England.

Posted on 11 Mar 2012 19:11:45 GMT
M. Coleman says:
A lot of Northern Irish people say they are ashamed to be British and proud to be Irish

In reply to an earlier post on 11 Mar 2012 20:34:37 GMT
Mr David Groom.....great post!

In reply to an earlier post on 11 Mar 2012 20:37:26 GMT
SR: All football is silly!

In reply to an earlier post on 11 Mar 2012 20:40:58 GMT
SB, remember it is in your opinion all football is silly, something you are quick to remind everyone else about

In reply to an earlier post on 11 Mar 2012 20:45:18 GMT
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on 11 Mar 2012 20:48:05 GMT
SB: well if we are going to keep with the facetious theme, you are very welcome sir :)

In reply to an earlier post on 11 Mar 2012 20:49:25 GMT
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on 11 Mar 2012 21:04:25 GMT
SB: don't make friends with people you don't know on the Internet

Ok sorry for having to tell you off but this is a serious matter. I hope you've learnt your lesson.

Anyway heres something to cheer you up:

Sorry everyone, this is a maths joke :)

f(x) walks into a bar. the barman say 'sorry, we don't do functions'

In reply to an earlier post on 11 Mar 2012 21:48:50 GMT
Last edited by the author on 11 Mar 2012 22:02:42 GMT
gille liath says:
While you're indulging in your daft paroxysm of national self-loathing - just remember that's the most characteristically British thing of all.

In reply to an earlier post on 11 Mar 2012 21:49:25 GMT
gille liath says:
I think the average layman may be able to cope with that one; whether they'll laugh is another matter... ;)

In reply to an earlier post on 11 Mar 2012 21:56:53 GMT
Ho Gille, I didn't laugh at it myself when I first read it but I did enjoy it and thought those that got it would do too. Hopefully SB has a funny bone and he got to smile for a change

Posted on 11 Mar 2012 21:59:42 GMT
Here's an interesting factoid

Because the platypus both lays eggs and produces milk, it's one of the few animals that can make its own custard.

Posted on 11 Mar 2012 22:02:21 GMT
Sou'Wester says:
So can Birds

In reply to an earlier post on 11 Mar 2012 22:05:25 GMT
[Deleted by the author on 14 Jun 2012 05:28:20 BDT]

In reply to an earlier post on 11 Mar 2012 22:51:04 GMT
Last edited by the author on 11 Mar 2012 22:52:09 GMT
David Groom says:
Simon Boyd,

'Mr David Groom.....great post! '

Thank you. I thought it an accurate reflection of your contribution to any of the debates on here and, assuming you are British, as good a reason as any to be ashamed of being British. After all, it's never a good thing to be associated with an imbecile. You give all us Brits a bad name.

In reply to an earlier post on 12 Mar 2012 08:15:49 GMT
The empire - declined decades ago, hardly something for current generations to be ashamed of now. All countries have a past, it is not ours to be shamed by what others chose to do long before we were even born.

The Royal Family - why should we be ashamed of having a royal family ? They're good for PR which our governments sadly bombs on, good for income - many nations love that we have a monarchy and come to the UK to visit the various palaces, homes and celebrations etc.

The House of Lords - no argument here. Our government and MPs are in general rather shameful. Politics is not a profession for those with honour or morals imo.

Football - it's just a sport, and one which a lot of the world enjoys; should all those who partake in football be ashamed of themselves too ? Good for team bonding, entertainment but then of course the ridiculous things such as salaries.

Invasion of the Malvinas - only it wasn't was it. Read up on your Falklands history if you must (which it seems as though you need to)

Iraq - again no argument, same as with Afghanistan; pointless wars with hundreds of pointless deaths. Should never have got involved, but that's governments for you - it's no ordinary Joes fault that these things happen. I am not ashamed of the invasion themselves, I am ashamed of the governments for ignoring the people and doing what they want for whichever dubious reason they come up with.

Libya - Gadaffi ? And agree, but again this is down to the government not the people. We shouldn't have got involved, it was a civil uprising at best rather than civil war and nobody should have sent advisors, troops, spec ops or anything of that ilk. But again, it's no doubt about the monetary gain from such a conflict and that only benefits those already at the top of society. So those who made the decisions are the ones to be ashamed.

I am not ashamed of this country, but the people who run it. How can one be ashamed of an entity which is not capable of making decisions - it is people, not places, that are shameful.

Posted on 12 Mar 2012 12:17:13 GMT
Maria says:
If anyone is ashamed of their nationality then emigrate to whichever country meets your ideals and take out that nationality. Or do something positive to change the system. Your choice.

In reply to an earlier post on 12 Mar 2012 22:50:20 GMT
Spin says:
Maria: So a Scot, Welsh or NI citizen should leave his homeland because of Englands tired claim to "Empire"? Please. This is not the 18th century. Some of us are willing to fight for our land and culture. (unlike the English . who accept anything, (even injustice and immorality upon its own people), that makes life easier for those who have, but will not give.

Posted on 12 Mar 2012 22:54:02 GMT
Spin says:
Scotland, wales and Ireland want to be free of England not only because of historical precedents, but because England is the 51st state of America in all things. If England wants to lose itself , there is no reason the rest of the "UK" should. Indeed, independence from England will result in an alliance between Scotland, Wales and Ireland. Nationalities which are trusted more by foriegners in cultural and economic terms.

Posted on 12 Mar 2012 23:42:21 GMT
David Rudd says:
Bread and circuses. When the Roman Empire was in rapid decline (rather like modern Britain) the plebs were kept happy with bread and circuses, meaning food and empty-headed entertainments. To me this is much more significant than whether we regard ourselves as British, Scottish, English, Welsh or Irish.

It is utterly shameful that Britain is in seriously rapid decline and all most people are concerned about is swill.
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 76 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

More Customer Discussions

Most active community forums
Most active product forums

Amazon forums
ARRAY(0xa3d349b4)

This discussion

Discussion in:  politics discussion forum
Participants:  164
Total posts:  1887
Initial post:  11 Mar 2012
Latest post:  13 Sep 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 8 customers

Search Customer Discussions