Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 89 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 6 Jul 2014 13:34:33 BDT
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

Posted on 6 Jul 2014 14:28:20 BDT
Thousands of people generally turn out to watch the latest thing, whether it be the Tour de France or Channel swimming.

Posted on 6 Jul 2014 14:38:03 BDT
Did you say men on bikes or men in tights?

In reply to an earlier post on 6 Jul 2014 14:38:04 BDT
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

Posted on 6 Jul 2014 14:47:41 BDT
Actually there is a big difference between watching well-upholdered people being smeared in goosefat and watching lean people in lycra. I'm sure a social observation of some sort could be made on that alone.

In reply to an earlier post on 6 Jul 2014 15:32:07 BDT
Last edited by the author on 6 Jul 2014 15:33:24 BDT

Posted on 6 Jul 2014 15:37:59 BDT

In reply to an earlier post on 6 Jul 2014 16:06:30 BDT
Withnail says:
Yep, much better spending all day on a book shop discussion site :-/

In reply to an earlier post on 6 Jul 2014 16:31:06 BDT
Oh, the ill thought out sarcasm.

Posted on 6 Jul 2014 16:40:09 BDT
Watching some types of exercise can produce similar physiological results to actually doing the activity. For instance I was watching ice dancing a while back and felt some benefit. However that is not really mass spectator sport as such, as it requires more attention I would say to the activity itself. Also being guided by the experts to analyse the actions rather than just the tactics.

In reply to an earlier post on 6 Jul 2014 17:14:43 BDT
Withnail says:
Me or you?

In reply to an earlier post on 6 Jul 2014 17:26:36 BDT

Posted on 6 Jul 2014 17:37:32 BDT
David Groom says:
I must admit I can't see the fascination for standing around for literally hours waiting for a bunch of cyclists, who pretty much pass you by in a few minutes and then that's that. I could maybe understand it at the finish line, but not just any old spot along the route. Much better to watch it on the telly if you want to. You get to see much more action and virtually all of the race, beer in one hand, curry in the other, slippered feet up on a comfy armchair. Bliss. No rain, no clouds, no looking for a loo and missing the race, just nice simple comforts. That's very much true for most major events of whatever sort. The best view is almost always the one the TV cameras have. Wouldn't give you a thank you for on the spot participation. That's a mugs game.

In reply to an earlier post on 6 Jul 2014 19:44:55 BDT

Posted on 6 Jul 2014 19:46:08 BDT
Hey Gormless, they closed the roads for the cyclists!

Posted on 6 Jul 2014 19:53:28 BDT
Cycle Seahaven will have a stand at Seaford Family Fun Day on July 21...why not go and protest Gormles?

Posted on 6 Jul 2014 19:58:18 BDT
Don't miss Airbourne 2014 at Peacehaven, four days of family fun, 14-17 Aug.

In reply to an earlier post on 6 Jul 2014 20:29:02 BDT
Last edited by the author on 7 Jul 2014 04:32:49 BDT
Ah....yes......the Worthing Bird man competition...humans at their peak....

Posted on 6 Jul 2014 21:03:13 BDT
Last edited by the author on 6 Jul 2014 21:04:32 BDT
The most well-rounded, self-actualized folks either have an absorbing career they love, or a so-so job with hobbies they love. It's all about balance.

Personally I can't stand the sports that just go in circles, like car races and speed skating. But perhaps I don't understand enough about the nuances of these sports - or didn't have parents who loved these sports and taught me to love them too.

And sometimes it's not even the sport itself, but the "event" wrapped around it. I mean, really, how many of the spectators in that Brazilian soccer stadium stay sober long enough to focus on the actual sport being played?

Here in the U.S., whole families will set aside an entire weekend day to attend a football game. There are Tailgate parties/bar-b-ques in the parking lot hours before the game starts, those "interesting" snack choices during the game (like a plateful of corn chips and one tablespoon of melted cheese - from-the-bottle jalapenos optional), team memorabilia requiring you to hock one child to be able to afford that stuffed mascot, and so on.

In reply to an earlier post on 6 Jul 2014 21:50:16 BDT

Posted on 6 Jul 2014 21:56:10 BDT
Newhaven Family Fun Day by the Fort next Sunday, why not take a stall offering a selection of Ceres finest?

In reply to an earlier post on 6 Jul 2014 21:58:52 BDT
So rallycross and ice dancing are OK?

In reply to an earlier post on 6 Jul 2014 22:01:41 BDT
Last edited by the author on 6 Jul 2014 22:05:54 BDT

In reply to an earlier post on 7 Jul 2014 04:33:59 BDT

In reply to an earlier post on 7 Jul 2014 07:49:34 BDT
Last edited by the author on 7 Jul 2014 13:11:51 BDT
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  politics discussion forum
Participants:  10
Total posts:  89
Initial post:  6 Jul 2014
Latest post:  11 Jul 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions