Customer Discussions > politics discussion forum

Mick Philpot and his seventeen children.

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 201-225 of 275 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on 14 Apr 2013 07:38:39 BDT
Do you not read the online versions of newspapers?

I'll see if I can find the programme on BBC iPlayer.

In reply to an earlier post on 14 Apr 2013 07:40:18 BDT
easytiger says:
Living in London for years did that. Is it non-pc now then?

In reply to an earlier post on 14 Apr 2013 10:42:07 BDT
Agricola says:
Hi,
No: I do not read them as such, as said, they just do not appeal to me. Of course, I have seen them, usually when someone links a newspaper article to support a point they are trying to make.

Perhaps, at this point, I should say adieu: as said, I am struggling with failing eyesight so do not find it comfortable to participate in these discussions.

In reply to an earlier post on 14 Apr 2013 19:58:09 BDT
Charlieost says:
Hi Agricola. I presume that you are new to the forum. Best toughen up and buckle up if you are going to continue to contribute. It can get a whole lot more abusive than that. :)

In reply to an earlier post on 14 Apr 2013 20:01:46 BDT
Charlieost says:
Hi Gordon. Three of the best UK papers if you want your view of the world formed by someone who is laughing at you. And you wish to made permanently angry with the wrong people. Nasty, spiteful and common. Oh yes and most important of all, divisive. C

In reply to an earlier post on 14 Apr 2013 20:06:34 BDT
Charlieost says:
Hi easy. your choice mate. I just do not care for right wing divisive papers. I am all for inclusion within society. That way people do not feel left out and have to kick back. These so called papers are no more than propaganda sheets for the Tories. The Izvestia of today. C

In reply to an earlier post on 14 Apr 2013 20:10:18 BDT
What about The Guardian?

In reply to an earlier post on 15 Apr 2013 04:38:44 BDT
What about the Kooksian?

In reply to an earlier post on 15 Apr 2013 07:39:00 BDT
easytiger says:
?

In reply to an earlier post on 15 Apr 2013 08:49:06 BDT
The Kooksian is a rational news organ that believes in the the exchange of ideas using evidence to support propositions and arguments.

Posted on 15 Apr 2013 14:33:09 BDT
Charlieost says:
I find that there is less hysteria and more common sense reporting in the Guardian. The Sunday Times used to be a brilliant newspaper with deep journalist coverage of important issues. It became a pile of poop after Murdoch took it over as is evrything he touches. The man with the opposite to the Midas touch.

Can find no reference to the Kooksian Gordon. Sounds like a good idea though. C

Posted on 15 Apr 2013 15:46:59 BDT
easytiger says:
On the early morning train into central London my mate and I out of boredom used to play guess what newspaper is coming out the bag of recently boarded passengers. The one we always got right was Guardian readers; they have that certain look about them, you know teachers, social workers, unemployable-elsewhere heads of council depts, white-collar shop stewards, race relations advisors, diversity professors, resit students, Battersea dog's home bereavement counsellors, veggie-pie campaigners. Dead easy really.

Posted on 16 Apr 2013 12:48:35 BDT
Charlieost says:
Ha ha ha easy. When I used to travel by train I always avoided the Guardian readers. I knew that I would have a much better chat with someone who read the Dail Mail. There were occasions when to my surprise they turned out to be almost human. C

In reply to an earlier post on 16 Apr 2013 13:57:46 BDT
Lesbian/Feminist weekend...
Fifty Shades of Feminism...

What a barrel of laughs.

Posted on 16 Apr 2013 14:02:54 BDT
Last edited by the author on 16 Apr 2013 14:03:23 BDT
Speaking of benefit caps.
There was a lady with two small kids living in London on the news the other day who had had her benefits capped at 2000 a month. She complained that now she'd have to look for somewhere cheaper to live. Oh I'm sorry that your jobless ars doesn't fancy moving out of inner London and having to live within your means like the majority of the population must. She earns more in a month on benefits than I and my flatmate do combined (both working full time). Shocking really.

In reply to an earlier post on 16 Apr 2013 14:32:33 BDT
Charlieost says:
The way women are portraid in Western countries and treated through the strange and cruel practices in the name of religion in other countries is far from a laugh Kodokushi. I am proud that at the age of fifteen my daughter is interested in and supportive of issues affecting her own gender. If she gets to chip away at the partiarchal block that dominates and destroys so much in this world, so much the better. C

In reply to an earlier post on 16 Apr 2013 14:36:26 BDT
Last edited by the author on 16 Apr 2013 14:48:00 BDT
Dan Fante says:
I saw this on the news too. As I said to my partner - I can sympathise with someone and their family being uprooted but people don't have a 'human right' (for want of a better phrase) to live in London. But whilst I agree with your sentiments I wonder what sort of London will be created if only the very well off are able to live there. I think the cap will come down in real terms once it's brought in too. It's a tricky one but paying for a family to live in central London seems like a ridiculously extravagant use of public money

In reply to an earlier post on 16 Apr 2013 14:38:18 BDT
Charlieost says:
I'm sorry that you and your flatmate are unable to earn a decent wage between you. I am also sorry that landlords are able to charge such extreme rents in certain areas. My suggestion would be a high rate of tax on unearned income, Rent Review Boards as there used to be before La Thatch did away with them and bosses only allowed to take home a certain multiple of their lowest wage earner.

Happy with that Kodokushi? C

In reply to an earlier post on 16 Apr 2013 14:44:00 BDT
easytiger says:
Was she white?

Posted on 16 Apr 2013 14:51:16 BDT
Spin says:
I find it astonishing that educated folk are blaming those in receipt of benefits for the financial losses and economic depression of the nation instead of blaming the truly guilty; the banks and government. It is easier, and safer, to blame the poor than oppose the rich, eh?

In reply to an earlier post on 16 Apr 2013 14:54:53 BDT
Charlieost says:
Does it matter?

Posted on 16 Apr 2013 15:10:31 BDT
easytiger says:
yes.

In reply to an earlier post on 16 Apr 2013 15:12:16 BDT
Spin says:
Kod; the reason you have less money than those on benefit is because you and your employer choose to prop up the banks. Your money goes towards keeping private financial, profit-orientated banks afloat and to make up the loss you feel you have adopted the methods of the capitalist and decided to take money from those poorer than you. You do not care about the effect these laws will have as long as you are satisfied that the poor and needy suffer what you have; an unjustified loss of income. The claim that no-one on benefit should get more than a working person is a nonsense employed to justify the immorality of the law.

In reply to an earlier post on 16 Apr 2013 15:14:29 BDT
Last edited by the author on 16 Apr 2013 15:15:20 BDT
I find it astonishing that you fail to understand that the overgenerous benefits system, which gives people incentives not to work, while at the same time overburdening workers with taxes and the government with debt, is partly to blame for the fix the country is in.

In reply to an earlier post on 16 Apr 2013 15:23:21 BDT
Dan Fante says:
She was. Not sure why that's relevant though
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

More Customer Discussions

Most active community forums
Most active product forums

Amazon forums
ARRAY(0xa82ea2e8)

This discussion

Discussion in:  politics discussion forum
Participants:  28
Total posts:  275
Initial post:  2 Apr 2013
Latest post:  24 Apr 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions