Customer Discussions > politics discussion forum

When it comes to keeping gay adoption further legally ok politicians should note---gays are often worse parents.

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 151-175 of 217 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on 7 Dec 2011 13:05:42 GMT
sorry Miss Easton, I apologise.

I dont have a point, I just meant for WAE top reposnd to my post is all. Take a chill pill, not everyone is being aggressive here.

In reply to an earlier post on 7 Dec 2011 13:06:57 GMT
Idiot moron ignorant ... are you sure it's not you that's bitter and angry ... Is that the worst thing that's ever been said to you or something. You sure go on and on and on about a few words and simply ignore the other valid "contributing" points i've made. What names have i called you exactly. You just don't like the fact i can see you for what you are a TROLLER and a homophobe! Of course gay people should have children and they make great parents...END OF!!! Doh!

In reply to an earlier post on 7 Dec 2011 13:07:53 GMT
Miss E are you Homosexual yourself?

Its in no way my business, I am just asking as you seem quite passionate about it, though that i quite possible whatever your sexuality.

Just asking?

In reply to an earlier post on 7 Dec 2011 13:08:04 GMT
LOL...Yawn! :O

In reply to an earlier post on 7 Dec 2011 13:08:49 GMT
Im beginning to sound like he eprson with the opposite view form me?

Hmm a strange conclusion, but ok.

In reply to an earlier post on 7 Dec 2011 13:11:34 GMT
Molly Brown says:
Why? It's absolutely nothing to do with you really, possibly you like to pigeon-hole stereotypes, the only reason you can have such strong opinions either way is because...........what's the term, you are a little patronising Mr Clark?

In reply to an earlier post on 7 Dec 2011 13:11:35 GMT
"you haven't said gay people make bad parents then why are you on here saying they shouldn't be aloud to have a family"

Because how good a parent you are (or would be) has nothing to do with not believing gay people should be given children.

"Sorry but i know lots of gay biological parents."

Well I'm surprised a scientific study hasn't jumped at the news of a man getting another man pregnant, or woman getting another woman pregnant.

"I'm not worked up at all"

Re-read your posts, you clearly are.

"Ranting? Are you not the one going on and on and on....trolling...going around in circles."

There's that pot and kettle again -.-'

In reply to an earlier post on 7 Dec 2011 13:14:57 GMT
"Anyone that doesn't agree with you or particularly respect your posts and makes it clear you just accuse of posting pointless posts etc"

That's not true - it's just your resorting to name calling which is pointless. The other posters here hold your views but are more civilized and reasonable in their responses which means their posts add something.

In reply to an earlier post on 7 Dec 2011 13:23:19 GMT
"I think this looks is if yu are saying the Homosexual life is a choice"

I don't think it necessarily is - some people are 'born that way' or genetically gay (or whatever the right term is) but then I think life experiences can have an impact on a person and they may choose to avoid the opposite sex. I know some lesbians who have 'turned' to women, as they have been treated badly by men and no longer wish to be involved with them.

"I think Its more morlaly repugnant for someone who has a fomr of genetic diseas ushc as MS to have children"

I heard about something similar to this. Prepare yourself for this accurate description of the man as I can't remember his name, some famous doctor guy (curly black perm and glasses iirc) fired his operating team as they refused to help a woman with AIDS have a child.

I think it is completely selfish to have a child when you could either pass on your condition/disease or die from it when the child is still young. I also find it abhorrent that people who have a child which has a condition (which shows itself later)would have another though the risk is high that the second child would also have that condition. AAAnd another one I can't stand - people who have children to farm them for body parts for the older sick child - I can't even find the words to describe how disgusting I find that action.

In reply to an earlier post on 7 Dec 2011 13:31:26 GMT
As stated i have several gay and bi friends and yes it is quite possible whatever my sexuality is. Passionate perhaps. I just think gay people are exactly the same as straight and should have kids if they want. Doesn't mean i'm gay.

In reply to an earlier post on 7 Dec 2011 13:32:54 GMT
Cool. I am not as unchilled as you seem to think. No worries. :))

In reply to an earlier post on 7 Dec 2011 13:34:40 GMT
Just a tad...sorry. Glad your on the right said though...sorry..my bad!

In reply to an earlier post on 7 Dec 2011 13:37:00 GMT
"I don't think it necessarily is - some people are 'born that way' or genetically gay (or whatever the right term is)"

So what's the difference between a gay person "born that way" to a straight person born infertile? They are both born unable to have kids, why is it ok for one to adopt and not the other?

In reply to an earlier post on 7 Dec 2011 13:41:47 GMT
Because how good a parent you are (or would be) has nothing to do with not believing gay people should be given children.

What? You don't even make sense anymore. Your too busy trolling.

Oh you think i'm worked up because i said you make me sick etc. Get over yourself i'm just having a laugh.

My kettle is chrome....Although i'd like a red one.

I didn't say anything about a woman getting a woman pregnant etc. Just try to think outside the box?

Due know any gay people and gay parents?

In reply to an earlier post on 7 Dec 2011 13:43:07 GMT
Molly Brown says:
Look, many people, gay or straight, actually prefer to adopt rather than have their own kids when they are able to, purely on the grounds, as we have agreed, there are too many people on this planet already.

Andy I am not sure you meant what you posted, try reading it again? What is "born that way", and "both unable to have kids" mean.

In reply to an earlier post on 7 Dec 2011 13:46:10 GMT
Again....i wrote no name calling. Get over those few words is was like ages ago in the thread anyways. You just keep going on and on about it. If you insult people so don't be surprised when people insult you back. Fact of life isn't it. So does that mean your posts are not civilized and reasonable then? It's not like i swore or anything....get over it you mad troller.

In reply to an earlier post on 7 Dec 2011 14:21:02 GMT
[Deleted by the author on 8 Dec 2011 13:54:01 GMT]

In reply to an earlier post on 7 Dec 2011 14:24:55 GMT
you make n sense sorry and are clearly ignorant.

In reply to an earlier post on 7 Dec 2011 14:26:28 GMT
"Andy I am not sure you meant what you posted, try reading it again? What is "born that way", and "both unable to have kids" mean."

I meant exactly what I posted, I think you missed my point.

If being gay is genetic (ie they are born that way) and not a lifestyle choice then saying that gay people shouldn't be able to adopt because they can't naturally have kids when infertile straight people can is hypocritical.

Infertility is genetic, so why can one group with a natural genetic condition adopt whereas another with a different natural genetic condition not?

In reply to an earlier post on 7 Dec 2011 16:00:39 GMT
I dotn see whay I aksed a question and clealry said if she felt it was none of my business I did not emand any kind of answer. Sorry if that offended anyone. I think I am clearly on the pro side here. But maybe it came across wrong. I think Miss Easton has shown she does need you to defend her in any way though.

But hey no worries, lets just forget about it. I dont feel I was pidgeon holing anyone though

In reply to an earlier post on 7 Dec 2011 16:19:13 GMT
Oh No I totally agree Miss Easton, and don't think as someone did I was trying to pigeon hole you, and I did not mean any offence.

Personally I don't have any Gay Friends as such, but my younger Cousin whom I am very friendly with is Gay and his Partner is a fantastic guy as well, Id happily recommend them for adoptive parents if they ever chose to do so as they are very family oriented and David His Partner is as much a part of the family as anyone else's wife's, husbands etc.

I just don't see any reason for people to still be homophobic in today's society, of course the question here is not necessarily homophobia, but I think it still plays a part.

I do agree with WAE that the child may suffer a harder life at school due to having Homosexual parents, because I was brought up in a school environment where if one of the pupils had admitted to being gay or had Gay parents, they would have been mocked and bullied relentlessly by heathens and thugs who never listened to what they were being taught. But school is not life and once its finished these kind of things just disappear.

In reply to an earlier post on 7 Dec 2011 16:21:26 GMT
I think you mean e.g. a man who had a wife and children before realising he is Gay and etec etc. Know 2 people this happened to and its ultimately because of society and how unacceptant it was of homosexuality as soon as the 80's even.

In reply to an earlier post on 7 Dec 2011 16:25:36 GMT
Agree, but many know they have it, and these days it is usually diagnosed earlier due to genetic research etc. whereas in say the day when My parents were having children a friend of theirs had 2 of his own, before being diagnosed in his late thirties. However if his children decide to have further children, this you must agree is a great risk, personally if it was me I'd seriously consider adopting as the genes can skip a generation.

However Human rights say they can so they can, I am just saying I personally would not. The truth is though that if no one on this planet with MS had any more children theoretically the disease would disappear. Its is only passed on genetically from parent to child.

In reply to an earlier post on 7 Dec 2011 16:26:30 GMT
This was also one of my points so I agree completely

In reply to an earlier post on 7 Dec 2011 17:10:32 GMT
[Deleted by the author on 8 Dec 2011 13:55:55 GMT]
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the politics discussion forum

More Customer Discussions

Most active community forums
Most active product forums

Amazon forums

This discussion

Discussion in:  politics discussion forum
Participants:  46
Total posts:  217
Initial post:  22 Nov 2011
Latest post:  20 Feb 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 3 customers

Search Customer Discussions