Customer Discussions > politics discussion forum

Silly beliefs that destroy the natural world....

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 76-92 of 92 posts in this discussion
Posted on 21 Jun 2012 18:25:18 BDT
Last edited by the author on 21 Jun 2012 18:29:36 BDT
XRNOHPORTER says:
Fatman; just checked out your link to Collapse. Looks interesting, may take a chance on it.
Oh and if you are going to re-visit this forum, beware Simon, "the fount" of little knowledge.

In reply to an earlier post on 21 Jun 2012 18:34:48 BDT
Gary....a wonderful post....a masterful double meaning ...superb!

Posted on 21 Jun 2012 18:58:55 BDT
Last edited by the author on 21 Jun 2012 23:15:23 BDT
XRNOHPORTER says:
But I forgot the golden rule: No point in insulting you.
Still I look on it as providing others with a heads up but maybe they have come across you already?
You do seem to be everywhere.

In reply to an earlier post on 21 Jun 2012 19:13:32 BDT
Last edited by the author on 21 Jun 2012 19:14:35 BDT
Fatman says:
I read Diamond's Guns, Germs and Steel: A short history of everybody for the last 13,000 years and got tired of his political correctness. His Collapse is very informative and thought-provoking once you get over the fact that he is very American and writing to an American audience. His analysis on the fallen civilizations made me look with new eyes at our oil-guzzling culture of wear and waste, never mind what happens to our planet and who will come after us.

Maybe you skip the first sugary chapters on Montana and start with the Easter Islands. I cannot let go of the book now that I am with the Vikings. There is an unbelievable amount of information and insight there. You might not like his style, it is far from economical.
I gave my highest recommendations for the content.

I am an old fox in internet, I know the trolls and the flamers and the religious airheads of various flavours. For me this is a hobby to brush up my written English that has become affected by the brainrot of speaking French daily. I take very few things personally.

In reply to an earlier post on 21 Jun 2012 19:20:58 BDT
Fatman says:
In the case of the Easter Islands, it was the chiefs making statues and the practice of cremating the dead. In the case of the Greenland Viking settlement it was the Church, they concentrated on hunting walrus for their tusks and polar bears for their hide to get coloured glass and silver candlesticks to their churches and silk and linen to be worn by the priests.
The precious imported timber went to constructing huge cathedrals.
In our society now...well...it is us.

Posted on 21 Jun 2012 20:05:03 BDT
XRNOHPORTER says:
You've sold me on it. I need a break from all the military history and Victorian true crime I read.
Thanks

Posted on 21 Jun 2012 20:10:47 BDT
Last edited by the author on 21 Jun 2012 20:18:37 BDT
XRNOHPORTER says:
Goodbye founty, I've decided to click your ignore button 'cos you are just plain boring and a waste of time.
Will continue to enjoy the postings of Tetrominoe, Heron, Spin, Gordon B, easytiger and of course, Keyboard Paladin. (herbivore, tee hee)

In reply to an earlier post on 21 Jun 2012 20:56:51 BDT
Mr B Tonks says:
Where did you spring from in the first place Gary?
Not took you long to come to this conclusion about the 'Venerable Fount'
Do you know him from a past life?

Posted on 21 Jun 2012 22:49:38 BDT
Last edited by the author on 21 Jun 2012 23:20:06 BDT
XRNOHPORTER says:
Nope, I've just met people like him before. annoying, tedious people who set themselves up as better than others in thought and deed and therefore cannot contribute to ANY forum, such as these because they deride the comments of others.
Honestly, go back through his posts on the various discussions here and tell me how much he has REALLY contributed.
I dares ya.
Makes me wanna go postal ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha
And hey, whatcha mean "spring from in the first place?"

Posted on 21 Jun 2012 23:17:45 BDT
XRNOHPORTER says:
That's odd, since 6:35 he has vanished.
Lockdown must be early tonight.

In reply to an earlier post on 21 Jun 2012 23:43:02 BDT
Simon Voyd, go on, what did you enounce (oooh), this Was on the Duck edition 2011? You don't say you starred again in 2012 when Handsome Nicky was back in Brighton...shame I missed it!

Is there any chance you could land a daily Talk Radio spot, 5.00am to 7.00am and again 7.00pm to 9.00pm (point of info: the Fount's bedtime) 'Wide Awake With The FOUNT'?

btw I think your threads contribute to the discussion dear...they start off some long running ding dongs...you are a clown but you're Mr. Wonderful...don't give up your Mission.

In reply to an earlier post on 21 Jun 2012 23:47:53 BDT
Gary, no you're three hours early. Beddy boes time is 9.37 pm precisely at Founty mansion.

In reply to an earlier post on 22 Jun 2012 05:40:11 BDT
Last edited by the author on 22 Jun 2012 05:41:02 BDT
Beloved...actual words used on the 2011 show:

In relation to the duck:

The Fount: "Stop calling him a lunatic..you called him mad"
Fat Capitalist/Imperialist: "He is mad"
The Fount: "He is not mad"
Fat Capitalist/Imperialist: "Of course he's mad"
The Fount: "And there's another side to this debate, there are plenty of people in Libya who support Colonel Gadaffi and we don't hear about this, all we hear on the news is the other argument, our argument"
Intelligent member of the audiance: "Hear, hear"
The Fount: "What about his supporters, what are you going to do with them"?
The Lovely NC: "Where were we...thank you Sir...(nice to hear the Fount adressed properly) for that intervention".

In reply to an earlier post on 22 Jun 2012 08:05:39 BDT
You are truly wonderful SIR THE FOUNT.

In reply to an earlier post on 22 Jun 2012 08:49:13 BDT
Molly Brown says:
and slips in some doo-dah, I say to him "I've just done that", and Simon replies................

In reply to an earlier post on 22 Jun 2012 08:50:41 BDT
[Deleted by the author on 22 Jun 2012 08:53:55 BDT]

In reply to an earlier post on 22 Jun 2012 10:11:29 BDT
Beloved Gordon...as are you Sir...as are you....
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  politics discussion forum
Participants:  11
Total posts:  92
Initial post:  19 Jun 2012
Latest post:  22 Jun 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions