Shop now Shop now Shop now Up to 70% off Fashion Shop All Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Amazon Fire TV Amazon Pantry Food & Drink Beauty Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Shop now Shop now Shop now
Customer Discussions > politics discussion forum

Why do we have so many "holidays"?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 26-44 of 44 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on 7 May 2012 12:09:03 BDT
The tiredness catching up with you at the weekend, trying to sleep in the heat of summer, only seeing the same small group of people at work... Ugghh. Never again.

In reply to an earlier post on 7 May 2012 12:15:12 BDT
Sam, I used to do it in a prev job, loved it. Some people love nights, others hate it, depends on your ability to adapt to a new sleeping pattern and given the fact I barely sleep anyway, it makes little odds lol

In reply to an earlier post on 7 May 2012 12:19:07 BDT
Molly Brown says:
Do you have a Health Food Shop Simon, in Worthing? I see your problem now if that's true?

In reply to an earlier post on 7 May 2012 12:20:30 BDT
Molly Brown says:
I worked in a "Clean Room" for IBM for a while, you don't even get to see who you're working with!

In reply to an earlier post on 7 May 2012 12:20:44 BDT
Sammy.....remember.... I don't know who I am.....in fact....I am no one.....nothing.....empty.....

In reply to an earlier post on 7 May 2012 12:22:09 BDT
Molly...yes...you see clearly!....now...

In reply to an earlier post on 7 May 2012 12:26:34 BDT
Molly Brown says:
You could set up a healthy burger stand on the beach by the pier perhaps? Loads of money!! Ah., memories, Worthing Pier and a "99" ice cream, with a flake.
Bliss!

In reply to an earlier post on 7 May 2012 12:28:07 BDT
I work in a clean room at the moment. We do get to see each other, though.

In reply to an earlier post on 7 May 2012 12:30:11 BDT
Molly...did you live there or visit?

In reply to an earlier post on 7 May 2012 12:30:30 BDT
Sammy....

In reply to an earlier post on 7 May 2012 12:32:22 BDT
Molly Brown says:
I lived in Sompting, but went there quite a lot, prefer it to Brighton, especially the Pier. Whatcha think of burger idea?

In reply to an earlier post on 7 May 2012 12:32:53 BDT
Is nice.

In reply to an earlier post on 7 May 2012 15:04:50 BDT
Simon, You can if you wish, open your shop(s) today and every other day, like The Zen-Capitalists at B&Q.

In reply to an earlier post on 7 May 2012 15:15:56 BDT
Simon, Great un-sarcastic comment.

Bank Hol zen-planning for small traders in a nutshell: Howzabout, take the whole family on a fun day out to Brighton Race Course Bank Holiday Market, where there will be over 500 stalls. "Oh goody Daddy, will our favourite small independent health food shop CERES be there". 'Oh yes kiddies, Simon Boyd the wonderful Zen-Capitalist co-owner has planned for it...Hooray!!!!!'

In reply to an earlier post on 7 May 2012 15:31:07 BDT
Gordon....yes I can open my shop every day, all day.....however a bright lad like you often misses "the elephant in the room"....where Ceres is located footfall drops by about seventy five per cent....therefore the loss of takings makes it not viable....try to enter the real world...NOT your imagination.

In reply to an earlier post on 7 May 2012 15:40:37 BDT
Last edited by the author on 7 May 2012 16:00:31 BDT
Simon, I have that covered, see my post: there's the Airshow, Gay Pride week, Bank Hol Markets, Family Fun Day, car boot sales, farmer's markets. All present wonderful trading opportunities for an enterprising zen-capitalist like you.

...and stop whinging.

Posted on 8 May 2012 15:22:45 BDT
easytiger says:
£1000/day selling bags of nut encrusted cardboard? You are a genius. Except for one thing;your shop is in the wrong place on bank holidays. Could you not send some little zens out on the high st with free samples of cassava wafers to entice them down your little alley?

Posted on 8 May 2012 15:51:47 BDT
Fopiterole says:
Apart from the element of surprise, I like Bank Holidays.

If only we knew in advance we could do something useful or enjoyable with them.

Fopiterole.
combine fiction with fact in boundary-pushing style...
Your reply to Fopiterole's post:
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)

Posted on 8 May 2012 16:02:33 BDT
easytiger says:
Try 'You clever b8stards thread' you have the style.
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the politics discussion forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
When the masses realise the enormous con that is the NHS what will happen? 33 15 minutes ago
Does the U.S. want Trump's Muslim solution or the vigilantism the E. U. is moving to? 220 1 hour ago
How much does Google's European boss really earn? Is it too much, too little, about right, what? 9 3 hours ago
Please don't use the word "Brexit". 30 3 hours ago
Jeremy set to impose new contract on so-called junior NHS doctors in England, what will happen? 7 3 hours ago
Make Yourselves Useful 12 4 hours ago
When The Meses Realises The Enormous Con That Is The Price Of Maltesers, What will happen? 11 5 hours ago
Who wants to be bullied in Amazon for personal data published? let's see how Amazon applyes the rules. 349 6 hours ago
Would a 3rd World War be a good thing or a bad thing. 842 6 hours ago
Einstein A-Go-Go 31 6 hours ago
Why did a country with an empire the size of Britain's, gained through force, violence and invasion pick on a little country like Germany and declare war on them in WW2. 171 7 hours ago
Enemy at the Gates? 130 8 hours ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  politics discussion forum
Participants:  9
Total posts:  44
Initial post:  7 May 2012
Latest post:  8 May 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions