Customer Discussions > politics discussion forum

Can Israels policy of killing civilians along with thier Hamas targets really be considered as "self defence" and in moral opposition to the Hamas attempts to kill civilians?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 226-241 of 241 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on 23 Nov 2012 11:42:13 GMT
J. D. Hearn says:
I am not sure why you are attempting to pigeonhole with your ad hominem comments. a familiar but fruitless strategy.

Posted on 23 Nov 2012 11:44:53 GMT
very fruitless indeed. that's the point, shlomo.

Posted on 23 Nov 2012 11:48:11 GMT
Dan Fante says:
Since I win, do I get a prize?

In reply to an earlier post on 23 Nov 2012 11:49:49 GMT
Last edited by the author on 23 Nov 2012 11:50:28 GMT
RE: "it is a reference to something biblical, stated earlier by himself, and of no consequence whatsoever, except MAYBE a slight dig at those of Jewish decent. Not the first slight."

no. it honors people of jewish descent.

it's a dig at people of non-jewish descent, who claim that they represent israel on a religious or political level. but who are really nothing but plain, secular, ardent nationalists who really couldn't care less about jewishness proper, but who abuse it as a political lever. not mentioning any names.

In reply to an earlier post on 23 Nov 2012 11:51:46 GMT
J. D. Hearn says:
OK, I can see now you are not a serious-minded person and have very little to contribute, so I'll be off. All the best to you.

In reply to an earlier post on 23 Nov 2012 12:15:13 GMT
J. D. Hearn says:
uhuh

Posted on 23 Nov 2012 12:23:42 GMT
yup. *tips hat* good day sir

In reply to an earlier post on 23 Nov 2012 14:09:58 GMT
Pendragon says:
Hi YBS

Interested that you say here, of settlement building in the OPT, that "Mostly hard right or religious types agree with this activity. MOST other Israelis do not and vote heavily against."

Is that right? How do you know? It would be encouraging if it were true.

If most other Israelis are heavily against settlement building, why does the Israeli government permit it to continue, indeed it seems to encourage the activity?

In reply to an earlier post on 23 Nov 2012 14:11:24 GMT
Spin says:
YB: Isn't that what the Israeli government says to the palastinian representatives? =)

In reply to an earlier post on 24 Nov 2012 09:33:24 GMT
DRAF says:
Hi Margaret

I don't agree with what the Irealis do i think they go way over the top! As for the palestinians they've been used by the rest of the arab world to fight a pointless proxy war against the Isrealis since 1967.
The Isrealis gave the sinai back to Egypt after the Yom Kippur war in exchange for a peace treaty, i don't think they would want it back now.
It's gone beyond who owns the land these people just hate eachother, both sides are more accustomed to war than peace. Then again! The Muslim world would love to get their hands on Jerusalem.

Every time i see these people fight i feel like one of the roman soldiers in the stoning scene from the Life Of Brian when they just look at eachother & shake their heads.

One other thing Margaret i've put questions to you before, but you never answer them. You just try to head off in another direction.
Iv'e answered yours, but i wish you could answer mine.

In reply to an earlier post on 24 Nov 2012 16:24:48 GMT
Pipkin says:
I agree with what you've written; apart from 'The Muslim World would love to get their hands on Jerusalem.' What would they gain?
But then I don't know enough about the religion to really comment.... except from my direct experience, which comes from knowing Muslims, which is positive. They just want to live in peace and harmony, live and let live...but obviously they arn't all the same, because we arn't.
I apologise if I have neglected to answer questions you've asked me before? That doesn't seem like me at all?

Regards,
Margaret.

Posted on 24 Nov 2012 17:33:54 GMT
Dissident says:
Palestine was not a nation when Israel was created. Palestine was the neutral non-ethnic term given to the area by the British. Prior to the British mandate, the region was under Turkish rule and the Turks called it simply Jerusalem Sanjak (Jerusalem Province). Arabs didn't use the name Palestine or Palestinian. They were simply Arabs, and spoke the Syrian dialect of Arabic. In the 1920s, the British gave over three quarters of 'Palestine' to the Arabs, the Arabs renamed this part 'Jordan' and kept it Jew-Free. The Arabs refused to share the remaining part of Palestine and demanded a unified area under Arab rule which they openly planned to unite with Syria and other Arab countries. The native Jewish population of Arab countries was being ethnically cleansed, there was a pro-Nazi coup in Iraq in the 30s or early 40s.

The majority of Israeli Jews are Middle Eastern communities who remained in Israel-Palestine or neighbouring areas. Only a minority of Israeli Jews are of European descent, but as they were better educated, they tended to dominate government.

Hamas have no desire for peace. In their Manifesto, they quote Muslim Hadith scripture in which Muhammad ordered Muslims to kill Jews.

In reply to an earlier post on 24 Nov 2012 18:02:32 GMT
Muhammed got carried to Heaven to see Allah from there iirc. Argued Him down over the number of prayers needed a day etc. (I think, but it's been a while)

In reply to an earlier post on 24 Nov 2012 18:20:22 GMT
[Deleted by Amazon on 24 Nov 2012 18:39:25 GMT]

In reply to an earlier post on 24 Nov 2012 18:27:20 GMT
DJEJRobin says:
is this tit for tat !..theyare from the same stock (Abraham) and now want to kill each other over manmade religious choices .....Hardly God like ..............more like stupid !As Dissident says the ruling class are better educated and make money from all this warmongering why would they want to stop.Their is plenty of money in Israel but the real money is in Jewish hands elsewhere like USA!

In reply to an earlier post on 29 Nov 2012 15:44:14 GMT
Pendragon says:
Diss

Welcome back!

On this forum you have previously made some of the contentious points about history, geography and terminology that appear in your first paragraph.

But controversy aside, of what relevance are they (or the claims in your second paragraph) to the present situation in Israel/Palestine?

Btw did you see the Alan Dershowitz video I posted for you last month? I will bump the thread in case you missed it.
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the politics discussion forum

More Customer Discussions

Most active community forums
Most active product forums

Amazon forums

This discussion

Discussion in:  politics discussion forum
Participants:  21
Total posts:  241
Initial post:  15 Nov 2012
Latest post:  29 Nov 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions