Shop now Shop now Shop now  Up to 70% Off Fashion  Shop all Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Shop now Shop now Shop now
Customer Discussions > politics discussion forum

Don't tax sugar, ban it...

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 96 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 18 Feb 2013 17:11:40 GMT
Stop woosying around...let's have some real action!

Posted on 18 Feb 2013 18:32:51 GMT
Yes! Then we can have the feds set up the SEA - Sugar Enforcement Agency - and they can interdict ships importing cane or the refined product, impound the homes of sugar dealers, imprison Hawaiian and Floridian growers, refiners and traffickers, harrass and stigmatize sugar users, arm against sugar-related crime and violence...

Great idea! Let's do it!

I'm writing my congressman now.

In reply to an earlier post on 18 Feb 2013 18:33:30 GMT
Which sugar do you want to ban dear?

In reply to an earlier post on 18 Feb 2013 18:35:04 GMT
Another wise Bruce!...

In reply to an earlier post on 18 Feb 2013 18:35:44 GMT
Sugar....like wot Ted sees in that there Lidly...

Posted on 18 Feb 2013 19:02:20 GMT
[Deleted by the author on 18 Feb 2013 19:02:46 GMT]

In reply to an earlier post on 18 Feb 2013 19:02:45 GMT
This morning:

I drank a big glass of Lidly orange juice with me breakie ... to be banned?

I put a dessert spoon of Lidly honey on me porridge...for banning?

I've just eaten a fresh pear...Lidly's...after me dinner...ooooher, is that banned too?

Now what about yer starch - spuds, bread, pasta, pizza, buns, cakes, rice -turns to sugar in the digestive tract Simone. What are you doing about starch?

And then there's yum yum processed gloop ready meals, staple food of modern man, packed with hidden sugar, starch, hydrogenated fat and 'flavour enhancers'...what are yer doing about that?

Howzabout we really go the whole way and ban the sale of everything but fresh fruit, veg, meat, fish, eggs, milk, cheese, wine and beer? If yer wants to eat yer has to cook yer own.

In reply to an earlier post on 18 Feb 2013 19:13:08 GMT
Beloved....sugar....added sugar......come on.....wakey, wakey....rise and kooky doodle doo...!!!!

Posted on 18 Feb 2013 20:29:57 GMT
Ian says:
So we're not banning sugar(s), we're banning the act of adding sugar. It will be a criminal offence to add sugar. Presumably I can be arrested for adding honey to my porridge or stirring cane or beet sucrose sugar into my tea? How will I make cakes?

But that delicious Aspartame will still be legal? Yuck! No thanks.

In reply to an earlier post on 18 Feb 2013 23:04:32 GMT
Dearest,

You're babbling...again...I'm worried for you. What are you on about? <<Come on>> what?

Most of the sugar folk eat is in the processed gloop they live on. Are you about banning it or not...there's loads in your beloved baked beans.

Btw I've been meaning to ask you for a while: which is your favourite brand of baked beans? I like Crosse and Blackwell, HP are quite nice too. What do you think to Hienz?

In reply to an earlier post on 18 Feb 2013 23:07:10 GMT
Simone,

Orange juice 'from concentrate' is just sugar. Honey is just sugar. Are you banning these?

In reply to an earlier post on 19 Feb 2013 05:38:29 GMT
The fount eats Whole Earth, organic...ah...what else?

In reply to an earlier post on 19 Feb 2013 05:39:10 GMT
ADDED sugar.....ADDED....ADDED....foods with additional sugar....not naturally occuring....

Posted on 19 Feb 2013 06:48:28 GMT
I don't see anything wrong with taxing 'junk' food. It doesn't serve any benefit as far as I'm aware; it just tastes good. The guy on the news was trying the whole 'if we tax chocolate and crisps and fizzy then we'd have to tax pasta and potatoes and and and' i.e. trying to make it seem like a stupid idea by using stupid examples.
He then went on to say about how ludicrous cigarette packets were with the health warnings and photos, again another thing that serves no benefit to your health so why not stamp the dangers on it ? Didn't stop me smoking mind, but I'm sure there will have been some people put off by the images.
Just came across as a bit of a hedonist not wanting to give up on any of lifes luxuries.

In reply to an earlier post on 19 Feb 2013 08:05:08 GMT
Added sugar so you are banning all cakes? Howzabout cakes sweetened with honey?

What's the difference between the sugar in a bag of Tate and Lyle and the sugar in the honey you sell?

Posted on 19 Feb 2013 08:50:32 GMT
easytiger says:
What gives any jumped-up non elected jobsworth the right to ban anything?

In reply to an earlier post on 19 Feb 2013 10:46:12 GMT
David Song says:
A BAN THIS SICK FILTH campaign in the Daily Mail, obviously.

In reply to an earlier post on 19 Feb 2013 12:53:57 GMT
Last edited by the author on 19 Feb 2013 12:59:41 GMT
Are you implying that fragrant Simone gets his ideas about banning sugar from what the DM says? Why not ask him? His line, which seems to be consistent, is that he forms most of his opinions from personal experience including observation of people he meets and sees...plus the odd book he reads occasionally (see his reviews on Amazon)

In reply to an earlier post on 19 Feb 2013 12:54:42 GMT
The same right you have.

In reply to an earlier post on 19 Feb 2013 12:56:45 GMT
Last edited by the author on 19 Feb 2013 21:36:09 GMT
There are plenty of fatties who eat only 'healthy' grub...they just eat too much of it for their amount of physical activity.

In reply to an earlier post on 19 Feb 2013 12:58:04 GMT
<<the Funtoy eats whole Earth...>> Oooooher, worms and all?

In reply to an earlier post on 19 Feb 2013 16:45:58 GMT
Let's get back to basics...the sugar in a bag of Tate and Lyle is a sugar that man and women were never intended to eat...honey...mmhh....not sure...so I will stick to no added sugar, and yes that includes cakes, use Stevia!

Posted on 19 Feb 2013 18:35:39 GMT
Spin says:
"Ban it!" The cry of the fascist.

In reply to an earlier post on 19 Feb 2013 19:02:04 GMT
Silly man...

In reply to an earlier post on 19 Feb 2013 19:09:08 GMT
Spin says:
Simon: Are you quoting one of the great dictators? Anyone you disagree with is a fool? If your posts are any reflection of what a "healthy" life is like, no wonder folk corrupt thier mind and body...
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the politics discussion forum

More Customer Discussions

Most active community forums
Most active product forums

Amazon forums

This discussion

Discussion in:  politics discussion forum
Participants:  13
Total posts:  96
Initial post:  18 Feb 2013
Latest post:  25 Feb 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions