Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-9 of 9 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on 2 May 2013 11:24:39 BDT
Dan Fante says:
It's a bit like asking a Scotsman if he wants a large coke.

Posted on 2 May 2013 11:07:05 BDT
Last edited by the author on 2 May 2013 11:07:57 BDT
In the 15 year after it was banned in Californian bars smoking decreased 50%.
So it's not just us Brits that associate alcohol with cigs.
But, in America, never, ever ask if they mind if you have a fa g.
It doesn't go down well.....
Then again....

Amazon won't publish the word F AG!

In reply to an earlier post on 2 May 2013 09:54:24 BDT
Yeah, the connection to drinking is a one I've never understood but can honestly agree with. For me it's not such a problem - I'm not a regular drinker, I'd be lucky to go for a 'drink' more than once a quater, I do however smoke cannabis and have continued to do so only not by mixing it with tobacco - I smoke pure cannabis. Amazingly (and no word of a lie) my health has dramatically improved (despite still smoking weed). I can run for twice as long on the treadmill and just feel so much cleaner in general. The cannabis is next to go, well I say go - I actually mean that I will be looking to vapourise it as opposed to smoking it - but I need a few hundred quid spare for a vapouriser first, up until now, vapourising cannabis has no evidence to suggest it would be detrimental to health.

Why is your hubby not willing to try the e-cig? I really was reluctant at first but I wouldn't look back now.
I find your smoking habbits perculiar, I really don't know how you only can smoke when out drinking but many people do. I myself must be more of an addictive person I suppose.

In reply to an earlier post on 1 May 2013 23:21:45 BDT
Garscadden says:
It was booze and coffee for me - coffee I got back to within a few weeks, booze I had to stay off for months.

In reply to an earlier post on 1 May 2013 18:12:50 BDT
Spin says:
ME; When I quit smoking, I had to quit drinking. I too smoked a hell of a lot more when drinking alcohol. Perhaps an increase in respiration has something to do with it? Or maybe the cigarette dulls the taste of the alcohol? Who knows. But even today when I enjoy a glass of wine or bourbon, I go crazy for a smoke...

In reply to an earlier post on 1 May 2013 17:57:30 BDT
Last edited by the author on 1 May 2013 18:03:08 BDT
Pipkin says:
Hi Pop,
I had a client who was smoking forty a day,, and used the e cig. Withing three months she had stopped. Asolutely brilliant........ I can't see that the 'side effiects' will be even a tenth of what smoking cigarettes have. I know they contain nicotine, but at least you arn't 'burning' the stuff, and inhaling carbon and tar? My Husband has been trying to stop for yonks, but he won't entertain the e cigs???? When he had his spine op last year he actually stopped for three months, but then decided to start again with ruddy roll ups! He used to smoke about fifteen a day and is now on to about ten.... but still too many. Having said that I am a social smoker, so am a hypocrite.......... I have done this since I was twelve.. but wouldn't thank you for one when I'm not drinking? How strange? I never ever thnk about cigarettes unless I'm drinking, So how does that work? Mx
editted - cos I'm carp at spelling

In reply to an earlier post on 1 May 2013 15:38:32 BDT
Yes, and this is what put me off at first, but the stats I've seen all seem to point them being the ultimate alternative. One american (cant remember his position) claimed they would be out-selling normal cigarettes within 10 years. But the sucess rates are second to no NHS alternative I can tell you that!

What are the adverse effects? Have they much scientific backing?

In reply to an earlier post on 1 May 2013 14:21:24 BDT
Pipkin says:
Well done Pop,
But check on the adverse effects! There has been a big hoo ha about them.... but perhaps that is just the ciggie companies spreading lies, because of all the revenue they'll lose if everyone quits?
Well done anyway....
Mx

Initial post: 1 May 2013 10:57:30 BDT
.. smoking using an e-cigarette. Highly recommend. Any other users? Why does Amazon not seem to sell them?
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

More Customer Discussions

Most active community forums
Most active product forums

Amazon forums
ARRAY(0xa3c21eac)

This discussion

Discussion in:  politics discussion forum
Participants:  6
Total posts:  9
Initial post:  1 May 2013
Latest post:  2 May 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions