Customer Discussions > photography discussion forum

Upgrade from Adobe Elements 7 to.......?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-2 of 2 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 29 May 2014 15:08:19 BDT
JDR says:
I have Adobe Elements 7 which I find very good, Ive just upgraded to a new pc, newer operating system, more ram etc and was thinking of the possibility if getting a newer elements, but which one? Can anyone recommend which is a good upgrade or is there not much of an improvement from 7 to warrant the extra cost?

Posted on 30 May 2014 21:16:23 BDT
Steve B says:
JDR

If you are determined to stick to Adobe Elements then you might find version 12 is a little bit better but I believe that it is still limited to a 32 bit system for PCs, as opposed to MACs, and for some modifications of photographs you will probably still be limited to 8 bits, as opposed to 16 bits in other programs.

I think that you should have a look at Lightroom 5 and the Creative Cloud combination of Photoshop, Bridge and Lightroom to see if they are more useful to you than Photoshop Elements, Personally I prefer to use Bridge, Adobe Camera RAW and Photoshop but this may be that I am so used to using them.

You should also have a look at On One's Perfect Photo Suite, which can be used as a standalone program or used within Photoshop, Photoshop Elements and Lightroom. You may find this easier to use than Adobe products. The latest version needs a minimum of 8 GB of RAM to work properly.

You can obtain trial versions of Adobe and On One products from their websites.

Regards

Steve B
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the photography discussion forum (764 discussions)

More Customer Discussions

Most active community forums
Most active product forums

Amazon forums

This discussion

Participants:  2
Total posts:  2
Initial post:  29 May 2014
Latest post:  30 May 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions