Customer Discussions > netbooks discussion forum

A1CS Fusion 5 Economy or A1CS Rapid 5..Help!!

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-24 of 24 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 25 Oct 2012 12:21:12 BDT
I am about to buy a Tablet, but am at a loss as to which one wud be better, I am looking at the Fusion 5 Economy and the Rapid 5, I know they are both by the same company but as I am a little pc literate I am stumped at which wud be better. I will be using it for Facebook, email, you tube, and obviously apps! Any help wud be great!

Posted on 29 Oct 2012 11:35:21 GMT
buy the cheapest one

Posted on 2 Nov 2012 13:51:04 GMT
Roger Cave says:
If you play games on facebook, then you'll need the one with the biggest RAM, as Facebook is quite heavy on the processor.

I have the 7 inch Rapid 5 (probably a little small for Facebook), and the tablet is light, well made, and has a good screen. I would recommend A1Cs' products as the ones I have are all well made items and function as advertised.

Posted on 7 Nov 2012 08:46:46 GMT
Braddan says:
I have just received the rapid 5 and love the quality etc. for email / general web / youtube no probs however I do have problems with flash based viewers though - ie streaming tv from iplayer / 4od etc. As this is primarily what i wanted the pad for I am disappointed but am in contact with A1cs trying to find a solution as I type...

Posted on 8 Nov 2012 14:32:47 GMT
LJ Nerro says:
Please let us know how you get on, I am having similar difficulties with iplayer etc. and would love to hear if you get any luck. Cheers

Posted on 22 Nov 2012 13:18:31 GMT
Neither. Just recieved one of their devices and the battery stopped working after a couple of days. Can't get them to answer the phone, reply to E-mail or acknowledge a returns request. Apparently they just don't want to know.

Posted on 22 Nov 2012 13:25:40 GMT
That doesnt sound like them. Having said that I have never got through to them on the phone but they usually reply to email not straight away but I have had a reply.

Posted on 27 Nov 2012 18:57:11 GMT
just dont buy from smarties!

In reply to an earlier post on 30 Nov 2012 09:26:40 GMT
Madpunk says:
I bought this and glad too say got money back.dont believe the write ups I think they ar made up.the instructions are in broken English,and don't help.or I was just unlucky.no probs on refund really good no fuss.good luck

Posted on 15 Apr 2013 12:39:54 BDT
Rabbie Burns says:
I bought a A1sc fusions Andriod to take to Africa, where I have left it with a friend who is going to college. It would be good if he could have a pay as u go dongle type to pick up wfi - but at the moment they do not exist - so Im told !
any ideas what I could buy for him to be connected to the internet from home ?

Posted on 22 Apr 2013 03:28:40 BDT
Last edited by the author on 22 Apr 2013 03:29:19 BDT
I had a Rapid5 and had no problems getting YouTube or iPlayer working. Wi-Fi is a little weak, though, so it's only good for streaming if you aren't too far from your router.

In reply to an earlier post on 11 May 2013 10:46:05 BDT
F. Shaw says:
I had one which went faulty in a couple of days and I have to say that the customer service was brilliant the only problem was establishing the correct address for the return so keep trying. F shaw

In reply to an earlier post on 12 Sep 2013 12:13:41 BDT
Daisy Penido says:
I bought one Fusion.
Its nice, but in my case the battery was very bad and I am returning to Amazon today.
I am going to buy another Fusion, but the one with 16 GB

Posted on 15 Sep 2013 14:05:22 BDT
C. James says:
don`t buy either ,save your money and buy either samsung,i-pad or micosoft suface

Posted on 26 Sep 2013 12:33:43 BDT
Does anyone have a phone number for them

In reply to an earlier post on 26 Sep 2013 19:44:03 BDT
I have had no problems with this company, prompt replies and great service

Posted on 5 Oct 2013 16:26:48 BDT
I have had the 9.2" economy tablet for 3 months and always had problems with the battery. Now it won't charge at all and I am sending it back to Amazon because I can't find any contact information for A1CS.

In reply to an earlier post on 6 Oct 2013 10:29:46 BDT
What is their phone number I can't find it anywhere, I have been very pleased with their customer service but have couple of technical queries?

In reply to an earlier post on 6 Oct 2013 13:54:19 BDT
0191 374 9163 is the number I ring but I have yet to actually get someone to answer it!!!

In reply to an earlier post on 6 Oct 2013 17:16:36 BDT
Many thanks will try it and let you know

Posted on 4 Jan 2014 16:26:42 GMT
I had one of these for Christmas,it seems o.k. for what I want, just checking e-mails.shopping etc. However I am not a tecnophobe and I would really like an instruction booklet with it explaining what to do i.e. switch om/off etc.I keep finding the battery has run down. My 9-year-old grandson says I am not switching off properly but he lives 150 miles away and I won't see him till next Saturday to sort it. Can anyone help in the meantime? The so-called instruction book is useless-translated from Chinese I think!

Posted on 4 Jan 2014 16:48:38 GMT
skypilot says:
Don't forget of press power off if you just let it power down without hitting power off it will appear shut down but will still consume power. I have returned two due to battery problems my third one is OK so far!

In reply to an earlier post on 6 Jan 2014 09:52:31 GMT
I found the instruction booklet useless too. I have downloaded a book by Nik Handford called Android Tablet Basics. I found this a great help in getting me started.

In reply to an earlier post on 11 Feb 2014 14:29:45 GMT
qwerty says:
Go for a7"Google smooth and quick
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the netbooks discussion forum (36 discussions)

This discussion

Discussion in:  netbooks discussion forum
Participants:  20
Total posts:  24
Initial post:  25 Oct 2012
Latest post:  11 Feb 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 8 customers

Search Customer Discussions