Customer Discussions > netbooks discussion forum

Best Samsung Netbook For Travels

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-4 of 4 posts in this discussion
Posted on 13 Nov 2012 18:42:58 GMT
Rabbie Burns says:
Thank you - for the feedback on Samsung - that is a very good battery life, as I, like John R, need something light to go abroad and battery life is the most important aspect.
What are the chances of buying second hand and would that be a good idea?

Posted on 12 Nov 2012 21:05:22 GMT
Ian says:
I know how confusing it can get as, I've just been in the same boat. Have you considered a Samsung Chrome book (£229). That's what I eventually decided to buy. I was very worried that I might not get on with this new O/S, having been exposed only to various Windows platforms. I needn't have worried. The Chrome book does all I ask of it and, much more than I will ever use. It has to be said that my main reason for buying was to access email and internet whilst abroad not, for the likes of spread sheets etc (though it does that too). For web surfing and email use I'm getting upwards of 8 hours battery life. However, I would imagine that if you were to open multiple windows, play music and, what movies all at the same time, it would shorten battery life.
If I could change one thing, I'd have liked it to be slightly smaller (10.1 screen), rather than the 11.6 but, I'm splitting hairs. But, it's super thin and very light to carry around. It's so simple to use and, the key board is a delight to type on. For my needs, I'd give it a 5 star rating without hesitation.
Pop into PC World and have a go on one.

Posted on 9 Apr 2011 15:35:02 BDT
Hi all I have a sony vaio p series netbook which I bought to take on my travels it is slow and unresponsive , it runs windows vista and I wonder if it is worth installing windows 7 if it improves the performance I don't mind spending the money but don.t want to throw good money after bad would be really grateful for some help.

Initial post: 18 Mar 2011 02:01:10 GMT
John R says:
Hi all,
Really appreciate some advise. About to embark on a three month overseas trip and want to take a netbook that it light and has good battery life. Samsung seems to tick a lot of the boxes but becoming totally confused by the battery claims on models and different specs that appear. Have narrowed it down to the N150 plus,NC10 plus and N220 plus. Any views would be much appreciated. Battery life is most important factor and will mainly be using for web browsing and diary. Many thanks. Red
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the netbooks discussion forum (36 discussions)

This discussion

Discussion in:  netbooks discussion forum
Participants:  4
Total posts:  4
Initial post:  18 Mar 2011
Latest post:  13 Nov 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions