Customer Discussions > music discussion forum

Compile An Electronic Music Track List For A CD..

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 174 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 17 Sep 2012 23:48:02 BDT
Last edited by the author on 18 Sep 2012 01:17:45 BDT
Solar Fox says:
Electronic music encapsulates Deep, Soulful, Tech House, Breakbeat, Drum 'n Bass, Neo Soul, Nu Jazz, Trip Hop, Chill, Hip Hop, Techno, Garage etc.. the list goes on. The CD track listing can be a mixture of genres or just one genre. The basis is that it's produced electronically and all tracks together will fit on a 1hr 20mins CD.

Just thought it would be good to hear what electronic music you guys love listening to, and the mp3 track listing that you have compiled and selected on a cd format.

As an example:

Track 1: Under The Influence: Artist: Chemical Brothers: Time: 4:16
Track 2...

Copy & Paste it if it helps.

Look forward to hearing your compilations.

Posted on 17 Sep 2012 23:52:24 BDT
Nugent Dirt says:
Track 2: Fascinating Rhythm by Bassomatic..best female vocal I've ever heard

Posted on 18 Sep 2012 00:11:30 BDT
Last edited by the author on 18 Sep 2012 01:10:13 BDT
TheFoe says:
Track 3 Insomniak - DJ PC - Old school techno, still rate it! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eFmn910pLLs

Posted on 18 Sep 2012 01:13:59 BDT
Last edited by the author on 18 Sep 2012 01:15:58 BDT
Solar Fox says:
Track 1: Toulepleu: Artist: Photek: 7:32
Track 2: Dig Deeper: Artist: Photek: 7:00
Track 3: Spectrum: Artist: Wax Doctor: 8:26
Track 4: Everywhere I go: Artist: Sci-Clone: 7:57
Track 5: Who You Are: Artist: Chris Paul & Mia: 4:19
Track 6: Mrs Jones: Artist: Nu Tone: 6:01
Track 7: Ebb & Flow: Artist: Nu Tone: 5:58
Track 8: Twilight: Artist: Fierce & D-Bridge: 6:42
Track 9: Casablanca: Artist: Social Security: 6:15
Track 10: Fun (Original): Artist: Electro Soulsystem: 5:41
Track 11: Travellin Man: Artist: Syncopix: 6:20
Track 12: Au Revoir Blackbird: Artist: Pennygiles: 6:00
Track 13: Sunny San Juan: Artist: Dave Owen: 1:21

Ambient/jazzy/oldskool/new Drum 'n Bass.

Total time: 1:19:24

Posted on 18 Sep 2012 01:30:33 BDT
TheFoe says:
Blimey you want us to submit a whole album, I thought you wanted everyone to choose one track that would go towards a compilation. Have to come back tomorrow, going to have a little think about this one!

In reply to an earlier post on 18 Sep 2012 09:05:11 BDT
Nugent Dirt says:
Deffo one of my top Rave toons back in the day too yet it still gets me all unnecessary. I also thought we were contributing just one track each

Posted on 18 Sep 2012 09:12:28 BDT
Solar Fox says:
Not submit an album, but create a playlist of your choosing, or a cdr playlist you have already created via mp3 downloads or your fav electronic music of any genre. Sorry if it wasn't put across clearly.

In reply to an earlier post on 18 Sep 2012 10:16:10 BDT
Solar Fox says:
The problem with contributing one track each is that we don't know how much time would be left on the cdr by the time we got to track 12 etc. Not a bad idea to add your fav track for a list though. I was just ideally looking for a personally selected compilation of electronic music that could be burned to a cdr.

In reply to an earlier post on 18 Sep 2012 12:09:32 BDT
Nugent Dirt says:
I guess the trick is compiling a collection that's sufficiently varied not to be samey and boring but which still hangs together. Too many compilations out there of all sorts are usually just held together by contrived and lame themes like Dad Rocks, Mutha's Day Ditties, Songs for Swingers etc.

Posted on 18 Sep 2012 13:09:00 BDT
Solar Fox says:
A collection of your favs would be better Nugent. :)

Posted on 18 Sep 2012 23:19:38 BDT
Hillsman says:
Well....if anyone would like to hear Grayfox's "compilation".....

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLUaoZn9VbrUJgmY2bHTcaj6QherPzZscl&feature=view_all

Can't say I'd be too disappointed if I bought a CD with that track-listing! You ever pick up Selected Works 94-96 Gray? Classic. The gauntlet has been thrown - but I would probably revert to type and go for old skool techno!!

Posted on 19 Sep 2012 01:02:54 BDT
Last edited by the author on 19 Sep 2012 01:35:04 BDT
Solar Fox says:
Wow, thanks for the youtube link Hillsman. I'm listening to those tracks now on that link. Glad you like them.

I had Wax Doctor's Selected Works on Cd once. Some great tracks on there. Most of them including 'Spectrum' use the Apache break. I always relate the timeline and style to Omni Trio's Byte Size Life album. I used to play both albums alot in the past so they seem to go hand in hand for me.

I used to listen to a few hard Techno mixes back in the day. Around about the Jungle era. Never got too involved with it though. Wrt Drum 'n Bass over the years, it must be said that alot of the soul and jazziness seems to have evaporated from it these days. My friend agrees that there was far more emphasis on the musical soul in DnB in the late nineties or sometimes referred to as 'Intelligent' DnB. I was shocked to here that Fabio & Grooverider's Radio 1 show had been axed in March of this year. I listened to many of Fabio's liquid funk shows. It is a pity, and many long time DnB producers are now leaving the scene as they feel it's going nowhere and lacks the magic it once had. Even myself personally has spent more time listening to Soulful House, Chill FM which coincidentally i noticed has disappeared from the airwaves. Some DnB heads are now saying Grime and Dubstep is the new big thing. I'm not liking either tbh. I've listened, but it really isn't for me.

Just listened to an unreleased track from Bukem from '93 apparently. Haven't heard it before. Cool tune.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v0YuZDT20j0&feature=related

Posted on 19 Sep 2012 02:00:20 BDT
Solar Fox says:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1UJHdO0i1qM&feature=related

I first heard this track on Fabio's Radio 1 show. Deep Blue - Immersion on 31 records label. I seem to be turning this thread into an oldskool rave thread. Apologies. :)

In reply to an earlier post on 19 Sep 2012 09:20:43 BDT
Last edited by the author on 19 Sep 2012 12:23:48 BDT
Nugent Dirt says:
Kind of agree with you Grayfox. I dont much care for Dubstep, Grime, 2-step garage and 'urban' stuff in general. A lot of d n b's gone down the more minimalist tech-step route though i probably only really ever liked liquid funk. Of the current scene I only really like Hospital and particularly London Elektricity. Then again IMO UK electronica in general is past its best. I much prefer stuff that's being put out by Scandinavian acts like The Field, Ugress, Lindstrom and Trentmoeller.

Posted on 19 Sep 2012 12:51:23 BDT
G. Hanks says:
A mix of psytrance and ambient for me:

1 - Prometheus - Arcadia Magik
2 - Cypher - Dubientish
3 - Shpongle - Nothing is something Worth doing (live version from the Roundhouse, absolutely superb:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uHx-d3-37to)
4 - Younger Brother - Ribbon on a branch (not exclusively electronica but roots were there.)
5 - Infected Mushroom - Frog Machine
6 - Carbon Based Lifeforms - M
7 - Astral Waves - Magic Species
8 - Andorcell - Desert Nomad
9 - Air - Le Soleil Est Pres de Moi
10 - Hallucinogen in Dub (live) - LSD
11 - Chemical Brothers - Private Psychedelic Reel
12 - Shulman - Invention

Hopefully that'd all fit on 1 CD....

Posted on 19 Sep 2012 14:19:31 BDT
Nugent Dirt says:
Here'd be a fine comp of downtempo electronica that manages to avoid the bleedin' usual suspects, much as I like most of them

1. Keep Going - Boozoo Bajou (feat Tony Joe White) 4:57 - from Dust My Broom, swampy bluesy trip hop
2. Sofa Rockers -Sofa Surfers (Kruder + Dorfmeister remix) 4:30 - found on K + D Sessions
3. Allies - Blue States 3:54 from First Steps Into.. kinda John Barry with beats
4. Invisible Pedestrian - Bent 6:35 from Programmed To Love
5. Bittersweet - The Aloof, from Sinking 6:43, dark dub heavy trip hop
6. Burning Disaster - Language Lab (Groove Armada Bedtime Story Mix) 6:33 from 10 Year Story
7. Springer - Tosca, 5:12 from No Hassle
8. This Is Power - The Field 8:37, from Looping State of Mind
9. Still Fighting - Sabres of Paradise, 6:58 from Sabresonic..early 90s dub heavy techno
10. A Zed and Two Ls - Fila Brazillia, 9:26 from Main That Tune

In reply to an earlier post on 19 Sep 2012 15:00:11 BDT
G. Hanks says:
Good call on Blue States, the first album still gets a lot of play from me.

In reply to an earlier post on 19 Sep 2012 16:00:44 BDT
Hillsman says:
Agreed about DnB - apart from the Earth series (which were largely retrospective collections anyway), I hardly bought a single DnB CD after 2001. Seemed to lose its magic around about the time that the likes of Andy C, Netsky and Pendulum became the new pioneers of the scene. That's not to say there wasn't the odd gem, and the chances are, I've missed some great stuff on Hospital over the years!

I've got Hospital Mix 1-5 & Weapons of Mass Creation 1-3 to check out. I was also listening to the Hospital Loungecore Classics mix by London Elektricity and thought it was mostly excellent. Looks like they did the Essential Mix back in 2008 too. So, there's quality to be found!

Posted on 19 Sep 2012 21:03:11 BDT
Solar Fox says:
Hey G.Hanks. Thanks for the playlists! I do realise it does take some time to post those lists, but it's much appreciated. I'll be downloading both those playlists onto cd and checking them out tomorrow while i'm travelling around. Great stuff! Thanks again.

"That's not to say there wasn't the odd gem, and the chances are, I've missed some great stuff on Hospital over the years!"

Agreed, even today there's the odd DnB gem, but just not as many of them as there used to be from my perspective.

Posted on 19 Sep 2012 21:46:32 BDT
Last edited by the author on 20 Sep 2012 12:49:44 BDT
Solar Fox says:
Soulful House tracklist/comp of some favourites and classics.

Track 1: I Gotcha Back: Artist: Charles Dockins : 6:56
Track 2: Circles (Instrumental Mix): Artist: Nathan Adams: 6:05
Track 3: Living Inside: Artist: Shur-I-Kan : 6:29
Track 4: Got To Have You: Artist: Heavyfeet: 6:23
Track 5: About Love(Original Mix): Artist: Groove Assassin, Kenny Bobien: 8:00
Track 6: Free Me(Kaoz 6:23 mix): Artist: 10th Street Assembly: 7:23
Track 7: Make The Time(Feat Arnold Jarvis): Artist: Blaze: 8:11
Track 8: Spirits(Original Mix): Artist: Schmoov!: 7:07
Track 9: Visions: Artist: Spiritchaser: 7:46
Track 10: Always There: Artist: Spiritchaser: 7:52
Track 11: Kiss The World Away(Spiritcatcher Remix): Artist: Vaz Floyd: 6:19

Jazzy, Soulful House.

Total time: 1:18:28

Posted on 21 Sep 2012 09:16:12 BDT
Last edited by the author on 21 Sep 2012 09:18:46 BDT
Hillsman says:
OK. Here we go - it's a labour of love this tracklisting business! In the early days, I was massively into trance & techno, but I always had a big preference for the more chilled, easy listening variety, which is the theme for my first compilation:

1. The Secret Chamber of Dreams - Sven Vath - 14:12
2. Stella (Moby's Barracuda Mix) - Jam & Spoon - 06:34
3. Stella (Moby's Electro Mix) - Jam & Spoon - 05:40
4. Arabian Knights - Dave Angel - 10:50
5. Entrance (Dave Angel Remix) - Sun Electric - 06:26
6. St Vitus Dance - Mystic Vibrations - 06:11
7. Breathless - Laurent Garnier - 11:03
8. Sea of Tranquility - Cosmic Baby - 03:20
9. Ritual of Life (Spicelab Remix) - Sven Vath - 08:58
10. Cafe Del Mar (Cosmic Baby's Impression) - Energy 52 - 06:46

Total time = 01:20:00

And the obligatory playlist:

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLUaoZn9VbrUJYOt6epkHm2ZEJJ0n6yBiU&feature=view_all

I'll get around to playlisting the other tracklistings at some point. A follow-up compilation from me will be more specifically techno, but not the head-melting bang-bang variety. Intelligent stuff was always more my bag :-)

Posted on 21 Sep 2012 20:53:07 BDT
Solar Fox says:
Nice selection Hillman. Track 2 is on R & S Records, the same label as Wax Doctor's selected works. Arabian Knights is my favourite i think. Nice oldskool chilled vibes all round. I like it. :)

I like the way you youtube the tracklistings. Brings it all to life without the need to download and cd burn. Awesome stuff.

In reply to an earlier post on 21 Sep 2012 23:14:28 BDT
Hillsman says:
Thanks GrayFox. Happy you enjoyed the selection - fairly old school, but the sort of tunes that anyone could enjoy. Yeah, Stella was on R&S - it is one of my all time favourite tracks, including all of the remixes. If you're interested in R&S, there are 6 "In Order to Dance" compilations, the 6th of which is exclusively drum & bass!! There's also R&S Presents: In Order to Dance and In Order to Edit: Optimo Presents.

The YouTube playlistings are dead handy - even better.....if you have DVDVideoSoft's free YouTube to MP3 converter installed, it can convert the entire playlist to MP3 in one go! Copy the folder to your MP3 player and you're good to go!!

Posted on 22 Sep 2012 00:47:12 BDT
Hillsman says:
Compilation No 2 for me - more techno & trance from the same era; just a little more upbeat this time! If I saw these tracks on a double-CD today, I would probably buy it without hesitation!

1. Cosmic Evolution (Original Mix) - Microbots - 05:22
2. Pullox - Equinox - 06:02
3. Tremora Del Terra - Illuminatae - 07:40
4. Firekeeper - The Martian - 10:09
5. Seawolf - Underground Resistance - 05:51
6. Stardancer - The Martian - 07:19
7. Afghan Acid - The Rising Sons - 06:38
8. Carousel - Koenig Cylinders - 06:50
9. Spring Yard - CJ Bolland - 05:07
10. Mechanism E - Mumps - 05:27
11. Racing Car - Roots - 05:37
12. Jungle Love - Pergon - 07:58

Total Time: 01:20:00

Tracklisting: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLUaoZn9VbrUJGaNgCZ4S82thd2SgRH3Tk&feature=view_all

Enjoy!

Posted on 22 Sep 2012 13:54:55 BDT
Solar Fox says:
Wax Doctor - Selected Works 94-96

Everyone in drum 'n' bass has their own route to where they are now; like his frequent collaborator Alex Reece, Wax Doctor is generally acknowledged as coming out of techno, while fellow High Wycombe-ite DJ Pulse materialised through hip hop. But in truth the boundaries are more blurred, with the good Doctor admitting to hip hop DJ-ing at school before morphing into the Detroit sounds of Derrick May and Juan Atkins (now R & S labelmates), and so on into European electronic stuff. Like many of the people behind the scene, Wax Doctor comes from a trainspotter background, but as he reasonably explains, to him "it's just the music I like".

Wax Doctor has been putting out records since 1993, beginning with techno-orientated stuff in collaboration with Reece, before graduating on to a more mellow, jazzy vibe with the "Kid Caprice" 12-inch on Goldie's Metalheadz label. Late last year he put out the magnificent drum 'n' bass of "Atmospheric Funk" on Talkin' Loud, and then got to remix his hero Juan Atkins (Model 500) for R & S. Now signed to R & S Records - a label after all he'd given enough money to over the years buying their techno records - Wax Doctor has found an arrangement that suits him perfectly. Working from his home studio he is able to create the music he's totally into. Understandably fearful of the majors and their desire for instant commerciality and easy personalities to propel the sell, Wax Doctor is jealously guarding his "total freedom": "I don't want to be told we need three vocal tunes on the album. Drum 'n' bass has always been an instrumental form... Saying that, I will be doing a vocal tune on the album.", he demurs.

Everyone in the current scene seems to spark off each other: Wax Doctor checks Goldie, Peshay, Photek, Reece, Doc Scott and DJ Pulse, with special mention to the "totally faultless" Bukem. They all listen to each other's tunes and try to outdo each other. "Artists are getting so much more technical", says Wax Doctor, "paying attention to detail and really getting inside their new equipment".

Drum 'n' bass seems to lack a vocabulary to properly describe it, but listening to Wax Doctor's first R & S releases "All I Need" and "Heat", it seems to have a beautiful, almost mathematical structure. It is warm, jazzy and uplifting, with a subtle liquid quality that ebbs and flows and sends out arcs of colour which change direction unexpectedly with deviously wonky pitch shifts.

"I've played abroad and people try to dance to the actual breakbeat, but it's the soul inside the breakbeat you have to go for. Some jungle tunes are slower than garage, and if you can't hear it, I think you haven't got any soul." says the Doctor.
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

More Customer Discussions

Most active community forums
Most active product forums

Amazon forums

This discussion

Discussion in:  music discussion forum
Participants:  13
Total posts:  174
Initial post:  17 Sep 2012
Latest post:  29 Dec 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions