Customer Discussions > music discussion forum

How did we get here?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 58 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 10 Aug 2014 16:20:36 BDT
Leftin says:
Sorry, but this isn't an interesting existentialist question. It's a rather dull request by a computer-dummy. Could anyone please tell me the quickest way to get to these forums? I have to admit to using a Heath Robinson way - looking up a random CD, then looking at the bottom of the "page" for an indirect route - it's almost as tedious as reading this post must be.

Posted on 10 Aug 2014 16:30:32 BDT
scroll down to the bottom of the digital music main page, 'n' thar ye go.

In reply to an earlier post on 10 Aug 2014 16:32:13 BDT
T. Franklin says:
Yeah, it's dumb. Once here, I made a bookmark for the discussions. You might need more than one if you visit one regularly but which doesn't come up as a link from the pop/music/rock ones that often.

In reply to an earlier post on 10 Aug 2014 16:51:50 BDT
Last edited by the author on 10 Aug 2014 17:08:51 BDT
SST II says:
Leftin go to the main 'Music Discussion Forum' page, then add it as a favourite on the 'favourites bar', you should then have a direct link. I have a few sites set up like this, such as Hotmail, News, etc...

Posted on 10 Aug 2014 17:22:23 BDT
Last edited by the author on 10 Aug 2014 17:49:33 BDT
Lez Lee says:
Leftin, as Tim & P.P have said, as you visit each forum, just bookmark it. I've got Rock, Music, Pop, Classical, Jazz, Amazon US Classical, YouTube and the BBC all lined up. I'm probably one of the least tech-savvy people round here and completely self-taught. And I use a Mac. If I can do it anyone can. Good luck!

EDIT :
Once you're on the forum, the 'Your Recently Viewed Discussions' panel will show you where there've been new posts.

Posted on 10 Aug 2014 18:07:19 BDT
Leftin says:
Thanks all. :)

Now, why are we here? What purpose are we serving? Cont...

In reply to an earlier post on 10 Aug 2014 21:05:30 BDT
Boo!...yes, it's me! - I'm back online again...how's everybody doing? ;o>

Hiyah Leftin, why not just track this discussion and then save the next post that you will get sent to your Email Inbox into a folder entitled 'Music Forum'...?...then you can simply open it and click on it whenever you want to come back to this Forum? You can untrack again if you don't want any more Inbox posts turning up but you'll still have that post saved and all ready to use ;o>

In reply to an earlier post on 10 Aug 2014 21:09:14 BDT
TheFoe says:
Nice to see you back Suzy!

In reply to an earlier post on 10 Aug 2014 21:11:52 BDT
Awww, thank you Poppet...x...it's very nice to be back ;o>

I've missed being online and I've missed you all too...x

Posted on 11 Aug 2014 08:03:53 BDT
I don't know about others, but I bookmark the forum on my phone, and go straight to it in under a second, and have done for about the last 3 years. With modern technology, I use a computer less than 10% of my usage a few years back, and it's always with you.
I don't post anywhere near as much as I did, but check in at least twice a day to see if there is anything that interests me.

Posted on 11 Aug 2014 09:35:09 BDT
nocheese says:
Similarly, if you're a regular, you can always access the forums on your 'History'. I've always done it that way - quick and easy.

Hi suzy, welcome back, we've been missing you :)

Posted on 11 Aug 2014 11:37:38 BDT
Collette says:
Being that I post on Album Tag more than anywhere else I bookmarked it ages ago.

Posted on 11 Aug 2014 11:45:00 BDT
never bookmarked anything before, so at the risk of failing in my tech duties i decided to undertake this......................................to find that it had already been done, spooky, huh? :)

Posted on 11 Aug 2014 17:21:16 BDT
Leftin says:
Suzy! Welcome back. :)

Ok, here's a confession. I'm so utterly, unfeasibly thick and technophobic that I don't understand expressions such as "folders", "bookmarking", or even "on-switch" on a bad day. My mobile's a year too old to get the 'net. There's a name for us - Luddites, isn't it? But thank you all for your patient efforts.

In reply to an earlier post on 11 Aug 2014 17:55:55 BDT
Last edited by the author on 11 Aug 2014 17:59:19 BDT
Hmmm?...shall I bother posting this to you then or just chuck half a brick in your direction to get your attention instead? - HA HA HA!!! I'm glad to know that I'm not the only one who knows nothing! I clicked 'restore point' so many times a week when I first got this laptop two years ago that I'm amazed it didn't start displaying a new box on screen saying 'why not just give up now, you daft bobbin!' every time? ;o>

Okay...to set up folders in your Email Inbox, click on the yellow 'track this discussion' button on the upper right of this page, then when the next post is put up by anyone it will be directed as an email to you by Amazon straight into your Inbox. You can also click to untrack again if you start getting too many posts flooding in after this or leave it as it is.

In your Email Inbox, you will need to find somewhere to move it to, so that you can store it to save it from being accidentally deleted OR you will find somewhere with a box, line or button saying 'new folder' on it. If you click on that it will set you up a new folder underneath all of your usual folders such as Inbox, Junk, Drafts, Sent, Deleted. If you click on it (on mine it needs a right-sided click of my trusty little mouse) you should be able to 'rename' this folder anything you like, such as 'the Music Forum', and if you go back in your Inbox, click on the email and look for a 'move to' box, line or button then you will be able to move the tracked email into your new folder.

Next time you want to get into the Music Forum, just go into the folder in your Inbox and click on it. It will take you straight to that post every time and then you can simply wander around the rest of the Forum from there ;o>

Another easy way is to go up to the top of this page, click on the address bar and then 'copy', then 'paste' it into a new draft of an Email, title it with 'Way To Music Forum' and keep it in your Drafts folder in your Inbox? When you want to come back to this Forum, just find the email, click on your pasted address and it will act as a link and bring you here!

Do make sure that you are already holding your packed lunch before you click on it though, won't you Leftin? - because it brings you so fast that you won't have any time to stop off at the corner shop on the way in ;o> ... ;o> ... ;o>

I also have no idea what 'bookmarking' is either?

In reply to an earlier post on 11 Aug 2014 18:27:23 BDT
Leftin says:
Phew! You say you also know nothing, Suzy, but you're up there with Brass Neck et al. :) Thanks for the info. Do you charge tuition fees? :)

By the way, I hope you sorted out your problems with DWP and co.

In reply to an earlier post on 11 Aug 2014 18:33:25 BDT
Last edited by the author on 11 Aug 2014 18:42:13 BDT
I now have telephone assessments...

Every three months someone will ring to ask if I am 'still disabled'?!...still using a wheelchair?...and still on the same medication?...

I say 'yes' - and then they say 'okay' and that they will ring me again in three months time...! ;o>

(P.S...I only learnt what very little that I know now through constantly using 'restore points' and non-stop swearing at my Sony Vaio (my Mum actually comes in and closes the windows when I lose the plot with my Laptop so that I don't go and show her up in front of the neighbourhood! In fact my Laptop is actually sat here sniggering now at the very suggestion that I might possibly know anything at all?!! - LOL! ;o>)

In reply to an earlier post on 11 Aug 2014 18:33:51 BDT
SST II says:
You've certainly had your Weetabix today.

In reply to an earlier post on 11 Aug 2014 18:41:54 BDT
Leftin says:
They might as well get their recorded automatons to phone you. Bureauprats.

In reply to an earlier post on 12 Aug 2014 10:39:46 BDT
Brass Neck says:
'I don't post anywhere near as much as I did, but check in at least twice a day to see if there is anything that interests me.' - ergo; you lot need to post more interesting stuff so I am inspired to post! ;¬)

In reply to an earlier post on 12 Aug 2014 10:40:44 BDT
Brass Neck says:
Aw gee Leftin. Mwah, mwah! ;¬)

Posted on 12 Aug 2014 16:23:02 BDT
Jack says:
You tend to say that a lot at my age.

Posted on 12 Aug 2014 16:45:55 BDT
Sera69 says:
I type *cu* in the bar thingy at the top and *Customer Discussions: Music discussion forum* is the first thing that pops up. Though, the more Amazon seem to hide these discussion forum away makes me think they could be phasing them out :/

In reply to an earlier post on 12 Aug 2014 17:08:35 BDT
well you could hardly say we're the best advert. :)

In reply to an earlier post on 12 Aug 2014 17:17:28 BDT
Leftin says:
Sera69: Thanks - that looks nice and simple. Regarding your hunch that Amazon might phase the discussion forum out, a few thoughts:

* Have any marriages resulted from these forums?
* Any bands or ensembles?
* Any murders?
‹ Previous 1 2 3 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

More Customer Discussions

Most active community forums
Most active product forums

Amazon forums

This discussion

Discussion in:  music discussion forum
Participants:  18
Total posts:  58
Initial post:  10 Aug 2014
Latest post:  13 Aug 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions