Shop now Shop now Shop now  Up to 70% Off Fashion  Shop all Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Shop now Shop now Shop now
Customer Discussions > music discussion forum

Looking for sheet music

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-12 of 12 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 23 Apr 2014 14:48:43 BDT
Dear any and all ...

I wonder if someone might be able to help with this. I'm trying to locate a piano score for the song "Now I'm following You", which was featured on Madonna's album "Breathless" (and which was originally in the film "Dick Tracy").

I get a lot of stuff from Onlinesheetmusic.com, but it doesn't appear to be there; and I've so far had no luck with various 'proper' music shops.

Any ideas?

Many thanks for any assistance.

Posted on 23 Apr 2014 15:24:33 BDT
TheFoe says:
Looking for sheet music? May I suggest The Grateful Dead?! ;-)

In reply to an earlier post on 23 Apr 2014 15:29:55 BDT
Not quite what I'm looking for, but thanks, anyway. :-)

In reply to an earlier post on 23 Apr 2014 15:36:55 BDT
Last edited by the author on 23 Apr 2014 15:37:14 BDT
TheFoe says:
Sorry just my little joke, had a look for you but came up with very little. Here is a video of somebody playing 'Now I'm Following You', hope this might help.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bwauj-w1JwM

Posted on 23 Apr 2014 16:04:29 BDT
Val H. says:
It obviously exists as this old (ended) listing from eBay proves:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MADONNA-IM-BREATHLESS-Album-Sheet-Music-and-Lyrics-Song-Book-Dick-Tracy-/171133070757?#ht_664wt_1220

and it is unavailable here:
http://www.recordrunnerusa.com/products.php?product=MADONNA-I'm-Breathless-USA-Music-Score%7B47%7DSong-Book-

Is this US site any use?
https://www.bonanza.com/items/like/81703265/Madonna-I-m-Breathless-Sheet-Music-From-and-Inspired-by-the-Film-Dick-Tracy-1990

In reply to an earlier post on 23 Apr 2014 20:53:24 BDT
Sorry - I wasn't sure if you were joking! :-)

Good bit of video - thanks for that.

In reply to an earlier post on 23 Apr 2014 20:53:57 BDT
OK, Val, I'm going to look at that US site. Thanks for the link.

The search continues ... :-)

In reply to an earlier post on 24 Apr 2014 11:39:48 BDT
Last edited by the author on 24 Apr 2014 13:46:40 BDT
Often playing around with the general description in your search can pull things up, Marcus...

I had the same idea as Val and went for eBay but I played around with the description a bit and I got this?...
XXX - XXX - XXX - XXX !

It is in 'Like New' condition with X days still left on it and no bids as yet, so currently XXX plus XXX for p&p...Is this what you are looking for?

Not being entirely sure if it might contain the score that you are looking for, I Googled it and then found this?...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/I'm_Breathless...which says under Background - "There are four songs from the film on the album: 'Sooner or Later', "More", 'What Can You Lose?' and 'Now I'm Following You', although the last song appears here in a version different from the one in the film (the film version was not performed by Madonna, but by the composer, Andy Paley)"

Some lyric websites however contradict this suggesting instead that it was sung by Andy Paley but was written by Jonathan Paley - who is presumably related. I just thought I'd add this info as it might help you to narrow down any further searches. Madonna also recorded and performed it on her 'Blonde Ambition' video album and tour.

It also says that 'Now I'm Following You' is a track recorded in two parts as well. I hope that this helps? ;o>

(EDIT: You can hear a sample of part 1 and part 2 here - I'm Breathless: Music From And Inspired By The Film Dick Tracy)

(EDIT AGAIN: Sorry folks! - details now deleted to give Marcus a much better chance of winning his bid! ;o>)

In reply to an earlier post on 24 Apr 2014 13:39:39 BDT
Ooh, ooh! Thanks, Suzysunshine7. That could be the thing.

Very much appreciated - I'm on my way over there right now!

In reply to an earlier post on 27 Apr 2014 15:13:46 BDT
Well, I see that the auction ended this morning with it selling for just over a fiver - so I really hope that it was you who managed to get it in the end, Marcus?! ;o>

In reply to an earlier post on 27 Apr 2014 17:29:34 BDT
Yes, 'twas I! Thanks again for alerting me to it - very much looking forward to its arrival.

Thanks to all for their comments, and as you've seen, they've been most helpful (especially suziesunshine7's, of course).

Happy bunny! :-)

In reply to an earlier post on 27 Apr 2014 17:35:08 BDT
!!!HOORAY!!! - I so love a happy ending! ;o>
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the music discussion forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Follow the Lyric Game 8492 1 hour ago
Lyrical relay - pass the verbal baton - - - 6279 1 hour ago
Music Forum Folks' Suggested Themes - Track 104 Votes - . Size matters - (big, small, long, short, fat, thin, narrow, wide. Simply any song whose title makes some reference to size) 30 2 hours ago
music rules...... 4 5 hours ago
Darren Hayes.... 1 5 hours ago
what a load of..... 1 6 hours ago
HAPPY BIRTHDAY BOB - call & response : how many roads must a man walk down ? 9138 11 hours ago
What a bargain............ 3751 14 hours ago
Deadheads Utd 8155 14 hours ago
Benny Hill considered funnier than Monty Python and Hill's show had great musical numbers 591 18 hours ago
Dark music thread - HTDA, Death Grips, EL-P, Allflaws 193 23 hours ago
Themes for Voting Threads 758 1 day ago

More Customer Discussions

Most active community forums
Most active product forums

Amazon forums

This discussion

Discussion in:  music discussion forum
Participants:  4
Total posts:  12
Initial post:  23 Apr 2014
Latest post:  27 Apr 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions