Customer Discussions > music discussion forum

The Second Tommo's Very Mental Metal Page!!!!

This discussion has reached the maximum length permitted, and cannot accept new replies. Start a new discussion

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 6151-6175 of 1000 posts in this discussion
Posted on 7 May 2012 01:55:43 BDT
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pbEnbm39D-w&feature=related

Posted on 7 May 2012 02:01:51 BDT
OK !!! Enough nonsense from me for one night! Last one....'Levitiation' from Hawkwind. Their last great album in my opinion. Ginger Baker on drums!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nTi5lQRKFZk

Posted on 7 May 2012 20:38:11 BDT
Difficult To Cure

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lEyx0lGktMI

Evening everyone....Seeing as it's a bank holiday, have a few hours.........

Let's do it!!!

Posted on 7 May 2012 20:42:37 BDT
Singer Jonas Renkse of Swedish dark rockers KATATONIA has finished laying down vocals on the band's new album, tentatively due in September via Peaceville Records. He says in an online posting, "Vocals done a few days ago, now checking through every song to make sure this baby is ready for mix!"

In a recent interview with Loud TV (audio available below), KATATONIA guitarist/co-founder Anders "Blakkheim" Nyström stated about the overall musical direction of the band's new CD, "The new album, it will, first of all, have 11 or 13 songs - we haven't decided if we're putting all of them or not on there. I think there's been some discussions that a few editions are gonna have all the tracks, a few editions are gonna have 11 tracks. So that's a little bit up to the label yet. But as far as all those 13 tracks go, first of all, it sounds definitely like KATATONIA; it's a KATATONIA album - solely KATATONIA album. The difference this time is that we maybe even pushed the differences even further. If you compare some of the songs, they could be almost in difference categories of genres, but the interesting thing here is that we have managed with our sound and the production and our performances to make it sound like it's not that far apart; it sounds like it's the same band. But if we would give the songs to some other band, it would sound very, very different. So I'm really happy with that. It was a big challenge. Like, for instance, you could have a song that is going totally off into this singer-songwriter territory, and you could have another song that goes into one of the most aggressive, heavy songs we've ever done, but when I listen to those both songs back to back, I can hear it's the same band doing [them]."

When asked if the new KATATONIA album is the kind of record that will take several airings to really register with the listener, Nyström asid, "Yes. It might be even more like that this time [than in the past], probably, which is a good thing. I was nervous in the beginning and a little bit insecure with how we were gonna pull this album off and what people were gonna think and everything, but now I have this total calm about it; I am totally positive and confident that we have made the album that we needed to do and also what people expect from us. It might take a few listenings to get into the whole thing, but that will stay longer in your listening collection - you will not get tired of it in the first place; I am totally sure of it."

Regarding the upcoming CD's cover artwork - which is once again being created by Travis Smith of Seempieces (OPETH, DEVIN TOWNSEND) - Nyström said, "It's also gonna be a little bit different. It's actually a really big piece that we're splitting into four, and one of those four is gonna be on the cover. So there will be more to it than what you see first. I don't want to describe too much what's on it yet - you're gonna see that when it's [unveiled] pretty soon - but we're changing the color theme this time. We have been doing the black and the red for a long time now, and we're going totally the opposite and we're doing, actually... The basic color is, actually, white on the new one, but it's not solid white - it's like shades of frost whites and a little bit grey and mixed with black."

On the topic of the lyrical themes cover on the new KATATONIA album, Nyström said, "The lyrics are, actually, a mixture of trying to be as direct and easy as possible but also remaining a very cryptic feel at the same time, which is a very cool paradox. We're not trying to make it too complicated, but it might be... I mean, the words aren't too complicated, but the meaning of the songs is encrypted. And that we are very eager to see how people will react to and how they will define the meanings of these lyrics. 'Cause they're easy to read, easy to access, but the meaning itself might not be that easy [to decipher]."

KATATONIA played four shows in Scandinavia in December, hitting the capital cites of Copenhagen, Oslo, Helsinki and, of course, the band's hometown of Stockholm. The concerts, which were part of the 20th-anniversary "Last Fair Day Gone Night Tour 2011", saw the band perform two sets. The first set consisted of a performance of the entire "Last Fair Deal Gone Down" album front to back. The second set was a mixture of carefully picked songs from the band's extensive catalogue.

KATATONIA's May 6, 2011 concert at Koko in London, England was professionally filmed/recorded for a future DVD release.

http://loudtv.podomatic.com/entry/2012-04-29T04_25_33-07_00

Night Is The New Day (New Tour Edition)

Posted on 7 May 2012 20:45:25 BDT
Ex-KORN guitarist Brian "Head" Welch rejoined his former bandmates on stage this past Saturday night (May 5) at the Carolina Rebellion festival at the legendary Rockingham Speedway in Rockingham, North Carolina to perform the band's classic song "Blind". This marked the first time in seven years that Welch and KORN played together.

Video footage and a photo of Welch performing with KORN at Carolina Rebellion can be seen below.

Commented Welch: "It was so amazing Saturday night playin' with KORN. Reconciling with family is always good. So much love on stage and from KORN fans. Many tears shed. God is love."

Welch left KORN in 2005 to become a born-again Christian after years of hard drug and alcohol abuse while in the band.

Although Welch has a new band called LOVE AND DEATH, both he and KORN bassist Reginald "Fieldy" Arvizu have said that a reunion could be possible one day under the right conditions.

Welch was recently asked by Loudwire what he thought of the recent drama last month at the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame, where GUNS N' ROSES singer Axl Rose refused to attend the ceremony and be inducted with his former bandmates. Welch - who left KORN seven years ago - replied that if KORN ever got nominated to the Hall, the situation would be very different.

Welch explained, "I've thought about that over the years and I'm friends with them now. I talk to them pretty regularly, so I don't think it would be a big deal for me to go and play a classic or two. I don't understand grown men who are close to 50 years old having issues like that. It just floors me that you can't at some degree, be civil. It's just beyond me. I don't understand that, but you know, everyone is different, I don't judge them. We all have our issues."

KORN will be eligible for induction into the Hall in 2019, 25 years after the 1994 release of the band's self-titled debut album.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jTR5v9GCxCc&feature=player_embedded

Issues

Posted on 7 May 2012 20:48:17 BDT
As the Grammy-winning guitarist, songwriter and Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame inductee Slash gears up for the May 22 release of his second solo studio album, "Apocalyptic Love", he's announced a run of headlining shows in North America kicking off July 12 and wrapping August 4 with up-and-coming Canadian group MONSTER TRUCK supporting. An exclusive fan pre-sale begins this Wednesday, May 9 at 10:00 a.m. at SlashOnline.com and will feature packages including VIP meet-and-greets, and rare merch items such as signed guitars. Slash and his band MYLES KENNEDY AND THE CONSPIRATORS are currently touring the U.S., a mix of headlining dates and festivals (Carolina Rebellion, Rock On the Range, Rocklahoma).

Starting today Monday, May 7, fans will be given the opportunity to unlock unreleased tracks from "Apocalyptic Love" by sharing the app located on Slash's Facebook page with 10 of their friends. From Monday through Friday of next week, five new tracks will be previewed exclusively each day via Slash's Facebook page.

On Monday, May 21, Slash and his bandmates Myles Kennedy (vocals), Brent Fitz (drums) and Todd Kerns (bass) will head to New York to perform their red hot single "You're A Lie" live on NBC TV's "Late Night With Jimmy Fallon". Next, on Tuesday May 22, the group will perform a special sold-out New York City CD-release show at Irving Plaza on the same day "Apocalyptic Love" streets (May 22) via Dik Hayd International, distributed through EMI.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVnu3wYf9N8&feature=player_embedded

Made In Stoke 24/7/11 [Feat.Myles Kennedy]

In reply to an earlier post on 7 May 2012 20:50:31 BDT
AND A SPECIAL GUEST!!!!

SCHIZ!!!!...How the hell are you???

Liking more of the Jim Jones Revue.....

Have Princess and the Frog....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i3gJkxifOko&feature=related

In reply to an earlier post on 7 May 2012 20:52:29 BDT
Superb bit of Hawkwind!!!!

Have one of their best!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dNCpr2XDDEk

Posted on 7 May 2012 20:54:53 BDT
MUSIC!!!!!

DR FEELGOOD!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QuvYL2AnSeE&feature=results_video&playnext=1&list=PLFD043C6C1F0E26C2

Posted on 7 May 2012 20:55:44 BDT
MORE MUSIC!!!!

SEPULTURA!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bLFymDPsvRc

Posted on 7 May 2012 20:56:52 BDT
EVEN MORE MUSIC!!!

RUSH.........( LOL)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WWLxT5OFcWg

Posted on 8 May 2012 01:32:04 BDT
METALLICA performed its top-selling 1991 LP, "Metallica", a.k.a. "the black album," in its entirety for the first time ever earlier tonight (Monday, May 7) at the opening show of the band's European tour at Synot Tip Arena in Prague, Czech Republic.

The band's setlist was as follows:

01. Hit The Lights
02. Master Of Puppets
03. The Shortest Straw
04. For Whom The Bell Tolls
05. Blackened
06. The Struggle Within
07. My Friend Of Misery
08. The God That Failed
09. Of Wolf & Man
10. Nothing Else Matters
11. Through The Never
12. Don't Tread On Me
13. Wherever I May Roam
14. The Unforgiven
15. Holier Than Thou
16. Sad But True
17. Enter Sandman

Encore:

18. Fuel
19. One
20. Seek & Destroy

Asked why METALLICA decided to play the "black" album in its entirety on the current tour, the band's drummer, Lars Ulrich, told Kerrang! magazine, "The people at [the U.K.'s] Download [festival] asked. It wasn't our idea."

He added, "The thing is, although we haven't played at Donington for six years, we have been to the U.K. pretty much every single summer since then. So they wanted us to do something different, and that's what they came up with. I quite like the fact that come [this] summer it'll be the 21st anniversary of the 'black album,' not the 20th."

Asked whether he and his bandmates would have to re-learn the two songs from the record - "Don't Tread On Me" and "The Struggle Within" - that METALLICA had never played live before, Lars said, "Yeah. Although to be honest with you, a song like 'The Struggle Within' is a lot easier to re-learn than 'The Frayed Ends Of Sanity'." He added, "I don't think it's going to be too difficult for us to figure out these songs."

During a recent interview with Spin, Lars was asked which METALLICA song he would take back if he could. "'Don't Tread On Me' has that shuffle vibe," Lars replied. "That's not my thing, but I don't wish to erase it from all 97 bazillion copies of the 'black' album."

"Metallica" in 2009 surpassed SHANIA TWAIN's 1997 record, "Come On Over", as the best-selling CD of the SoundScan era. To date, the black album has sold 15,772,000 copies in the United States.

Although METALLICA had scored their first radio and video airplay with their previous effort, 1988's "...And Justice For All", the black album was the band's biggest commercial breakthrough, producing five singles and making them into one of the most popular rock bands in the world.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O5DIGF_Bdf0

Metallica

Posted on 8 May 2012 01:35:35 BDT
SYSTEM OF A DOWN frontman Serj Tankian tells Billboard.com that the band's upcoming two weeks of East Coast tour dates with DEFTONES does not signal the end of SOAD's lengthy recording hiatus.

"When people are asking, 'When can we get new music from you,' I think it's the biggest compliment in the world," says Tankian. "We have not made a plan to do it as of yet. I think it's something that we'll get together at the right time when we all have that head space and do it. But, you know, it hasn't been that time yet, so I think everyone will know when it is. It's as simple as that."

During an interview with Brazil's Multishow after SYSTEM OF A DOWN's performance at the Rock In Rio festival last October in Rio De Janeiro, Brazil, the band's drummer, John Dolmayan, was asked if SOAD fans can expect to hear a new studio album from the group following their current reunion tour. "We're gonna take it day by day," he said. "For the people who are waiting for an album - I know there's a lot of people waiting for an album; I'm waiting for an album just like they are. It's gonna happen when it's right and when we can make something that tops what we've done in the past. Because we don't really wanna rest on our laurels - where what you've done in the past is what you depend on. Well, I don't wanna do that, and I know the rest of the guys don't wanna do that. Instead of resting on our laurels, we wanna throw them away and create something new and specific for this generation that they can say that's their SYSTEM OF A DOWN."

SYSTEM's last two albums, "Mezmerize" and "Hypnotize", were released in 2005.

Dolmayan previously told Straight.com about SYSTEM OF A DOWN's five-year hiatus, "I personally don't like breaks - I like to continue playing. But it was nice to go off and be John Dolmayan, as opposed to John from SYSTEM, for a while. I think everybody had similar feelings."

The drummer explained that a desire to pull off the road for a while and reconnect with their lives is what led SYSTEM to take an extended vacation from each other, saying, "When you're on the road and in the studio all the time, it's kind of like traveling at light speed. When you come back, it's like 20 years have passed by, and you're only one or two hours older . . . You're living a nomadic life, and you lose touch with people because they have grown away from you. People get older, get married, die - life is still going on."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w00v2zVkX9g

Hypnotize

Posted on 8 May 2012 01:44:08 BDT
Take It Off The Top

www.youtube.com/watch?v=XX-A4HvoGu8

OK, that's all from me...Thanks to you all....

While i'm away....Here's a song for yaaaaa!!!...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBD6mQarvAU&feature=related

Until the next time, this is Tommo signing off..

Goodnight.

Posted on 8 May 2012 14:41:13 BDT
Difficult To Cure

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lEyx0lGktMI

Afternoon everyone....

Here's to another session of the old, new and what's happening in the world of Rock & Metal

Posted on 8 May 2012 14:44:04 BDT
British power metal mercenaries TANK - featuring Mick Tucker and Cliff Evans on guitar alongside ex-RAINBOW/YNGWIE MALMSTEEN frontman Doogie White and ex-BRUCE DICKINSON bassist Chris Dale and drummer Steve Hopgood - will release their new album, "War Nation", on June 5 via MVD (one day earlier in Europe through Metal Mind Productions). The follow-up to 2010's "War Machine" was helmed by new hotshot producer Phil Kinman at his west London studios.

The first track from the album, "Don't Dream In The Dark", can be streamed using the SoundCloud player below.

Commented Evans: "As with our 'War Machine' album, 'War Nation' will include a variety of different influences and styles.

"With a wealth of musical ability to draw from, we don't like to limit ourselves.

"Individually we've worked with names such as Ritchie Blackmore, Bruce Dickinson, Paul Di'Anno and Yngwie Malmsteen.

"So many bands release albums now where once you've listened to the first two songs you've heard the whole album. Not with TANK. Each song that makes it onto our album has to deserve it. Our standards are high."

Added White: "With songs like 'Justice For All' and 'Grace Of God', we are upgrading the TANK sound while retaining all the elements that made 'War Machine' so successful. There are killer riffs and haunting melodies and lyrics that you can take from, what you want, or indeed what you need."

"War Nation" track listing:

01. War Nation
02. Song For The Dead
03. Hammer And Nails
04. Don't Dream In The Dark
05. Grace Of God
06. Dreamer
07. Justice For All
08. Wings Of Heaven
09. State Of The Union
10. Hard Road

Said Evans: "The [cover] painting was done by infamous London graffiti artist Jay Bryce exclusively for TANK. We've always admired his work and it's an honor to be the first band to feature his artwork on an album cover."

TANK's March 9 concert at Stodola in Warsaw, Poland was professionally recorded and filmed for the band's fist official live DVD, to be released later in the year via Metal Mind Productions. Apart from the material recorded in Warsaw, the DVD will also contain footage of TANK's appearance at Metal Hammer Festival (August 10, 2011 in Katowice, Poland), a warm-up gig in Chorzów (March 8, 2012), along with interviews with bandmembers and other bonus material.

TANK's most recent album, "War Machine", was released on October 25, 2010 in Europe via Metal Mind Productions (December 7, 2010 in the U.S. through MVD). The production was handled by Pedro Ferreira (THE DARKNESS, THERAPY?, MEAT LOAF) and the bulk of the recording was done at Pedrock Studios in London. Drums were laid down by Tony Newton at Steve Harris' (IRON MAIDEN) Barnyard Studios.

http://soundcloud.com/metalmindproductions/tank-dont-dream-in-the-dark

War Machine

Posted on 8 May 2012 14:46:12 BDT
ARTISTdirect.com editor in chief Rick Florino recently conducted an interview with SOUNDGARDEN singer Chris Cornell. A couple of excerpts from the chat follow below.

ARTISTdirect.com: What sparks your writing?

Cornell: Lately, I decide to write and I have an overall mood in mind that has nothing to do with words. It's just a mood. The words come out. Some amount of them comes out immediately. There's some little part of that which is the song, and I can see it. That's easy to recognize. I take that out and start building the song on that. Most of the time, that's how it goes for me, lately. The other way is I'll read something which gets me thinking and flowing lyrically. That doesn't necessarily work right away. I'll read for a little bit and start writing, and it all opens up. Writing periods for me, I'm not someone who walks around with a notebook my whole life and every time I see something I write it down or think about it. I don't really do that. I'm writing and playing music a lot. I'll tend to read when I'm not writing. If an idea strikes me, I'll write it down. I never actually write out whole lyrics until it's time to write lyrics or I'm writing a whole album usually. The reason why is I get into flow, and it's like opening some radio frequency. It takes me a little time to dial in clearly. Once it's in clearly, I can do a lot. If I stop for a week, it gets fuzzy. It takes a lot of concentration to keep that going.

ARTISTdirect.com: Has that been the process for the new SOUNDGARDEN album?

Cornell: Definitely, it's been a pretty good time. I suppose the actual writing has taken place over the course of a couple years. Initially, we wrote a handful of songs early on in the process. Then, we went on tour a few times. I went on tour. Matt went on tour with PEARL JAM. Ben was working on a solo record. We would take breaks and come back. That was actually good. Otherwise, I have to force myself to take a break for a minute which is usually after beating my head against a wall if I'm having trouble with something. If something doesn't immediately work and the melodies and lyrics don't coexist with the music perfectly, then I can go away from it and come back a couple months later. Then, the problem seems to have solved itself. Having this amount of time to make this record hasn't hurt us. It's been good - especially for the first record back. To not have a ton of pressure put on it with scheduling, release date, and touring is great.

ARTISTdirect.com: You have the space to be creative.

Cornell: Yeah, if you consider the time we took off as time when we're doing other things, you condense the amount of time we spent actually working on the record, we probably spent less time working on this record than other records. However, it feels a lot more relaxed.

Read the entire interview from ARTISTdirect.com.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D3ZNtOcY_1A&feature=player_embedded

Classic Album Selection

In reply to an earlier post on 8 May 2012 14:47:55 BDT
So isn't Algy Ward in the band anymore? I kinda thought it was his band.

Posted on 8 May 2012 14:49:31 BDT
KORN's video for the song "Way Too Far" can be seen below. The track, which features contributions from electronic artists 12th Planet, Flinch and Downlink, comes off the band's latest album, KORN's latest album, "The Path Of Totality", which saw the band teaming up with dubstep producers and DJs to add a whole new electronic layer to their sound.

Much of the material for the album was recorded at Jonathan Davis' home studio, and he laid down vocals at home or in hotel rooms while on tour.

Davis said that title refers to the fact that "in order to see the sun in a full solar eclipse, you must be in the exact right place in the exact right time. That's how this album came together . . . I'm not sure it could ever happen again."

The album was released in two configurations: as a standard 11-song CD and a special edition CD that included bonus tracks as well as a DVD of "The Encounter", a full-length video concert of KORN's mind-blowing, once-in-a-lifetime performance in the middle of a 900-foot-long crop circle in a wheat field in Bakersfield. The complete concert, previously seen in 2010 on TV and online in an abbreviated form, was offered in its entirety to those who purchase the deluxe version.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=EN3T9SY_wNo

The Path Of Totality

In reply to an earlier post on 8 May 2012 14:56:22 BDT
WE HAVE A SPECIAL GUEST!!!!

SCHIZ!!!!.....How the hell are you????...

Been hitting Wiki again have we????...LOL

He retired a couple of years ago mate.....

Have one of their best known tracks...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uaBBMzEGz70

In reply to an earlier post on 8 May 2012 16:15:44 BDT
Didn't need to look at Wiki to remember Algy! I bought the first album at time of release.
'He fell in Love with a StormTrooper' excellent.

In reply to an earlier post on 8 May 2012 16:17:28 BDT
Last edited by the author on 8 May 2012 16:17:38 BDT
LOL touching nerves again am i????

Have a Rock Classic and calm down....He he

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KAUuqy09mOs

In reply to an earlier post on 8 May 2012 16:41:36 BDT
Yeah!!! I'm no bandwagon jumper mate. I was on the vanguard of NWOBHM! lol
I'd religously read my Kerrang every week and go and buy all that stuff. I think I've still got my Kerrang / Tank special somewhere.

Never been a big Prince fan, although I liked this era and the 'Parade' album. Got to give it to him though he is brilliant whatever instrument he plays.

In reply to an earlier post on 8 May 2012 16:54:55 BDT
Last edited by the author on 8 May 2012 16:55:08 BDT
BOF © says:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UzWHE32IxUc
;-)
best bones
B.O.F.

Posted on 8 May 2012 17:04:34 BDT
BOF © says:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qRKNw477onU&feature=related
;-)
best bones
B.O.F.
Discussion locked

This discussion

Discussion in:  music discussion forum
Participants:  40
Total posts:  10000
Initial post:  1 Jan 2012
Latest post:  17 Sep 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions