Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop All Amazon Fashion Summer Savings Up to 25% Off Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Oasis Learn more Shop now Learn more
Customer Discussions > music discussion forum

Deadheads Utd

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 3876-3900 of 1000 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on 10 Jun 2012 22:02:15 BDT
Chris Jones says:
If you can get it for that price, it really is a bargain. Lots of good things in it.

Posted on 10 Jun 2012 22:00:25 BDT
Garcia box set All Good Things on ebay for £15 - 30 mins to run & no bids. Real bargain if you don't have it!

In reply to an earlier post on 10 Jun 2012 21:24:38 BDT
Derek W. says:
Thannks for that Adrian, I'll download that later in the week.

Posted on 10 Jun 2012 11:46:16 BDT
Last edited by the author on 10 Jun 2012 13:16:57 BDT
Adrian K says:
Just found this recording of Phil and Friends at Terrapin Crossroads from 29 April this year:
http://archive.org/details/PhilLeshFriendsTerrapinCrossroads
If you click the link All Files: HTTP you can download in a variety of formats including flac.
It has been filed as Community Text rather than audio, and may have escaped attention.
Edit: also found a recording from 26 April, but quality was disappointing. Seems the mic was inside someone's pocket.

Posted on 8 Jun 2012 14:38:09 BDT
Nobody has been blown away then. Thank heavens the wind has dropped!

Wharfy as a toy-boy Lez, that really made me chuckle : )

In reply to an earlier post on 8 Jun 2012 01:33:21 BDT
Greysuit says:
Somehow I managed to dump my earlier (5 minutes or so ago) reply - so here goes again.

29 Jun is my last working day but if there's anything outstanding on my last day I might just e-mail it home so that I can finish it off and leave some sort of legacy. After all, I am still firmly commited to the aspirations of the project - and would be destraught if it failed to deliver as any result of my actions (or lack thereof).

☺ ♫ ☺ ♫ ☺

In reply to an earlier post on 8 Jun 2012 01:16:18 BDT
china cat says:
When's the big day, Grey?

Posted on 8 Jun 2012 00:15:53 BDT
Wharf Rat says:
Evening all............

China's been the perfect host,even doing the taxi service to the station for my trips to Edin and Glasgow
might pop up to Perth tomorrow!!!.....sampled what Scotland has to offer ( ales that is! ) at mo drinking
a splended Old Jock Ale ( 6.7%abv ) a close second to Innis & Gunns....On Saturday back to Glasgow
again to visit the GSA ( Charles Rennie Mackintosh designed Glasgow School of Art )

Posted on 7 Jun 2012 22:21:24 BDT
Greysuit says:
For days and ...........

Sorry - four days and then - we're back.

Grate to see that this forum isn't divided by the North / South divide that seems to be building up elsewhere - and to save on costs (once I've retired) if there were to be a PPU in Edinburgh in late July / early August - I reckon that Wharfy and I could bury our grievences over the football punting and reconcile to travelling up together - as long as we don't have to be subjected to a 'music free' Wheatherspoons.

Music is what the grate majority of us live for - so let's not sacrifice our principles for the sake of a few pence per pint.

(Yes - I'm starting to get 'Demob' happy - but I've already got a list of jobs to do that would sink The Titanic without the assistance of an iceberg).

☺ ♫ ☺ ♫ ☺

☺ ♫ ☺ ♫ ☺

Posted on 7 Jun 2012 20:00:49 BDT
Lez Lee says:
It's good to have my toy-boys around, Cornish!

Posted on 7 Jun 2012 19:42:07 BDT
Hi Guys, I'm still about!!

Glad that Wharfy's having a good time, but gout, that's bad China!!

Lez, you've been hanging out with a couple of the gang then, you'll be converted yet ;-)

Chris - you've got some good albums there, the Big Bros one is amazing IMO, and I love the new Hart. I haven't got the global one as there are a few of his I haven't bothered with, but I'll have a look.

Like many of you, I'm not a great Hunter fan although I do like Box of Rain. Has anyone ever heard Sentinel, his album of poetry as I've often wondered what it was like. The production on his early albums was abysmal IMO.

Posted on 7 Jun 2012 19:31:10 BDT
china cat says:
Evenin' all - I have indeed been enjoying Wharfy's company and an entertaining and easy guest he is. He's off on a tour of Glasgow today after two day trips to Edinburgh; while he is indeed checking out the local brews, he's remained sober and upright throughout. Lots of music, a few DVDs ranging from Joni Mitchell to Lez's Philip Glass/Francis Ford Coppola film and last night Mr Nice [DVD]. I'm on the wagon as I've been suffering a rather persistent and characteristically painful gout attack so I've just had to watch him supping his ales. Seems like his fave is still the Innis & Gunn offerings but no doubt he'll tell you himself. Hope to be fit enough next week to meet up with Lez and nocheese.
Hope you southern folk survive your gales and rain.

In reply to an earlier post on 7 Jun 2012 19:24:21 BDT
Derek W. says:
Ah - that explains it!

Posted on 7 Jun 2012 19:21:00 BDT
Lez Lee says:
Derek, forgot to say - it was Sunday we went out!

In reply to an earlier post on 7 Jun 2012 19:00:56 BDT
Derek W. says:
Sounds like a grand day out, we've just been rained on all day, and from the looks of it we'll probably be rained on all day tomorrow, and we didn't even have hosepipe ban in place!

Posted on 7 Jun 2012 18:54:15 BDT
Lez Lee says:
Hi Derek. Linlithgow Palace has a beautiful loch with hundreds of waterbirds.

http://www.armadale.org.uk/linlithgow.htm

There were dozens of mute swans and lots of coots with chicks. There was also a G.C. grebe with 2 chicks and some aggressive terns. It was a beautiful sunny day but very cold. Wharfy might show you his photos if you ask him nicely!

In reply to an earlier post on 7 Jun 2012 18:39:02 BDT
Derek W. says:
Thanks for the update Lez Lee, did you see anything interesting on your ornitholigical jaunt? We've been having great fun watching the Greater Spotted Woodpeckers on our bird feeder, feeding their young who were waiting on the picnic table for their share.

Posted on 7 Jun 2012 18:30:06 BDT
Lez Lee says:
Wharfy is indeed with china and both partook of a nice cup of tea chez moi, after an ornithological jaunt to Linlithgow.

Posted on 7 Jun 2012 18:02:58 BDT
Derek W. says:
Afternoon Chris, missed the discount offer, but don't think there's anything I really want right now. I've been busy sorting out our holiday to New England in 2 weeks time, so been spending less time on here. Wharfy's drinking Scotland dry I believe, possibly with China, and I don't know where Cornish is.

Posted on 7 Jun 2012 17:56:32 BDT
Chris Jones says:
It's all gone quiet here of late. Was everyone busily ordering from Dead.net who had a discount offer last weekend? I ordered Seven Walkers and some RTs that I'd missed out on first time around. They've not arrived yet and don't expect them for another week or two.

From 'zon though I've recently bought two Mickey Hart CDs:

Global Drum Project
Mysterium Tremendum

Both are good, though I found MT somewhat overwhelming (overblown?) on first listen.
GDP, though, is very good - and it was very cheap too.

I've also ordered and am waiting for Big Brother at the Carousel and the Doors Live in Concert.

In reply to an earlier post on 3 Jun 2012 17:16:40 BDT
Adrian K says:
I'm not the gratest RH fan either, but it was worth following Chris' link, as I found a link to Bob Dylan live in Denmark 2011. Wish I had discovered this site when his Tales of Thunder 1976 was available for download.

Posted on 30 May 2012 00:03:59 BDT
Last edited by the author on 30 May 2012 00:05:48 BDT
Greysuit says:
Chris - Very Many Thanks.

Not the gratest RH fan but this (at a fleeting sample) sounds like a fun album.

Thanks again.

☺ ♫ ☺ ♫ ☺

(edit - it's not the fastest of sites for downloading from - but as it says on the screen - stick with it and don't try to download more than 2 (or possibly 3) at a time - and you'll be fine).

☺ ♫ ☺ ♫ ☺

Posted on 29 May 2012 22:26:43 BDT
Chris Jones says:
If you like Robert Hunter there's a link to a free MP3 download here:
http://bigozine2.com/roio/?p=1108
There's a link on the same page to the FLAC version.
It's early Hunter, seemingly an album that didn't quite happen, with half of the songs later appearing on Rum Runners. I've not listened to it yet, but from other reports it's worth having.

Posted on 29 May 2012 21:21:28 BDT
Derek W. says:
Evening Grey - that Live Bait is pretty impressive. When I first started downloading it I thought it was a bit mean with only eight tracks, then I saw the running times!

Posted on 29 May 2012 21:18:25 BDT
Greysuit says:
Wharfy - well done for hitting 4200 (and noticing the fact too) - as for Live Bait 07 - thanks Derek - well and truly downloaded and (not quite) played to death. Intetresting that they started with 01 - as opposed to a simple 1. Could suggest double figures of 'Live Baits' on the horizon. Bring them on.

☺ ♫ ☺ ♫ ☺
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the music discussion forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
i read a book once. green it was 987 13 minutes ago
Music Forum Folks' Suggested Themes - Track 94 Nominations - Soul songs - Songs that have the word "Soul" in the title 37 26 minutes ago
Lil' Ol' Meses has thems new girlfriend 62 35 minutes ago
Music Forum Artist(s) - Track 275 - UK Subs nominated by easytiger - VOTES!!! 1 46 minutes ago
MP3 Song Title Intercourse - The Unceasing Conversation Continues... 890 1 hour ago
Lil' Ol' Meses is disgusteds with thems music forum. 3 1 hour ago
R.I.P. derek thems window cleaner 2 2 hours ago
Who is your fave artist that you think win a track for the virtual music game? 1785 4 hours ago
Lyrical relay - pass the verbal baton - - - 6094 12 hours ago
Poor lil' ol' Meses was attacked by thems pigeon 13 13 hours ago
R.I.P. Cyril 549 13 hours ago
Follow the Lyric Game 8062 13 hours ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  music discussion forum
Participants:  113
Total posts:  8102
Initial post:  30 May 2009
Latest post:  3 days ago

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 8 customers

Search Customer Discussions