Posted on 23 Sep 2012 11:43:11 BDT
[Deleted by the author on 23 Sep 2012 11:43:29 BDT]

In reply to an earlier post on 23 Sep 2012 11:56:47 BDT
SCHIZZZZ!!!!.....Hows it going???

Great bit of ATV!!!!

How Much Longer????

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=35hKrtnIBB8&feature=related

In reply to an earlier post on 23 Sep 2012 11:58:21 BDT
Got to love the early Def Leppard stuff....

Wasted..........

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aI_2SchPjks&feature=related

Posted on 23 Sep 2012 12:03:18 BDT
FROM THE VAULT!!!

UFO!!! FORCE IT!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_1P0rkJNse8&playnext=1&list=PL52AF8F8A50001AD1&feature=results_video

Posted on 23 Sep 2012 13:44:26 BDT
Shure, one of the world's leaders in wired and wireless microphones and professional audio systems, recently conducted an interview with vocalist Burton C. Bell and guitarist Dino Cazares of Los Angeles cyber metallers FEAR FACTORY. You can now watch the chat below.

FEAR FACTORY is prearing to release a video for the title track of their new album, "The Industrialist". The clip, which will contain footage from this past June's Graspop Metal Meeting in Dessel, Belgium, was helmed by James Zahn, the man responsible for creating the "The Industrialist" album trailer.

Released in North America on June 5 via Candlelight Records, "The Industrialist" is a conceptual record based around a story written by Burton C. Bell. Lyrics to the album's ten songs divulge the narrative as discussed recently by Bell with Decibel magazine. The album's artwork was created by American designer Anthony Clarkson with additional direction from the band. The album was made available on three formats - standard CD, a limited edition deluxe digi-book (featuring two additional songs), and 180-gram double vinyl.

FEAR FACTORY earlier in the year enlisted Matt DeVries as the band's new bass player. DeVries, previously of CHIMAIRA (where he played guitar) and most recently SIX FEET UNDER, joined FEAR FACTORY as the replacement for Byron Stroud (now with 3 INCHES OF BLOOD). FEAR FACTORY also tapped Mike Heller (MALIGNANCY, SYSTEM DIVIDE) as its new touring drummer.

Interview: http://youtu.be/1DnV151GrlI

Posted on 23 Sep 2012 13:45:48 BDT
T-Mobile-Music.pl conducted an interview with former HELLHAMMER/CELTIC FROST and current TRIPTYKON singer, guitarist, and main songwriter Tom Gabriel Warrior after TRIPTYKON's June 1, 2012 performance at Metalfest at Zalew Sosina in Jaworzno, Poland. You can now watch the chat below.

On TRIPTYKON's forthcoming DVD:

Tom: "It's a very ambitious project. It's not just a live DVD, it's a concert film. It's also an expensive project and we're working on it. It's definitely a plan that we wanna realize, but I can't give you a definite release date yet. But we are working on it - very definitely - and eventually it's gonna happen. And there's also a second DVD in the planning.

"There's a million projects, but sometimes you have to be a little patient.

"I don't like to do quick things; I like to do things right and to do them appropriately. To me, what counts is not the speed, what counts is the quality of the product, and sometimes quality takes a little more work."

On TRIPTYKON's current lineup:

Tom: "Right now we are so happy to be in this lineup; this lineup has already worked together for almost four years. So we all hope that it's gonna stay like this. We are four very different people - we have different ages, different lives. Hopefully, we will develop together, so we can stay together for a long time; we all want that. But, you know, life is unpredictable. But I can tell you: yes, we love playing in this band and in this lineup - very much so. All four of us are very close friends."

On being considered an extreme-metal "icon":

Tom: "I'm a human being. I mean, what's different about me? That's a huge word, and [people] put that on me all the time. But I come from a very simple background. I grew up extremely poorly, I was abused, I had to fight violence. I had no connections, no friends or whatever.

"HELLHAMMER was formed in a tiny little village with nothing - no talent, no contacts, no money, no nothing. And I remember that very, very well - every day. So I don't see what should make me an icon. I've just been very lucky to create music and that people listen to my music. And if anything, it's the people out there, the audience like today, that makes a band an icon, but certainly not the musicians. You can play all the music that you want, if nobody listens to it... It's the fans, it's the audience that makes a band big, or makes a band special.

"I hate when musicians walk around - and there's one or two bands on this festival, too, that I know personally - I hate when it gets to their heads and they think they're geniuses or whatever, because it's not true. It's the people out there - they give you the platform, they are open, they give you the chance, they listen to your music, they create what you are, not the musicians. I'm a human being; I'm a metal fan like you. What makes me different? We both are passionate for this music. That's really all there is to it."

TRIPTYKON consists of V. Santura (guitar, vocals), Norman Lonhard (drums, percussion), Vanja Slajh (bass), and Tom Gabriel Fischer (voice, guitars). The group has unambiguously stated that it pursues the continuation and further development of the path Warrior began in HELLHAMMER and CELTIC FROST.

Interview: http://youtu.be/mWL9d1xvNvk

Posted on 23 Sep 2012 13:47:21 BDT
According to TMZ.com, SCORPIONS drummer James Kottak and his ex-wife are involved in a bitter custody dispute over their teenage son.

Kottak filed legal documents this month asking the court to change a decision that was made in July that awarded Athena Lee - MÖTLEY CRÜE drummer Tommy Lee's sister - primary custody of their 15-year-old son and ordered him to pay more than $3,000 a month in child and spousal support.

In his request to modify an existing child custody order, filed in L.A. County Superior Court, Kottak claims their son has been living with him since January of this year after the teenager had a falling out with his mother. Kottak also says Athena has been through several rehab stints for alcohol addiction.

The musician - who was married to Athena from 1996 to 2010 - says he should be granted primary physical custody, with Athena getting visitation rights. He also wants the court to reduce his child support payments.

Kottak, who joined the SCORPIONS in 1996, lists his income at $12,000 month but indicates that this could change because his contract with the band has yet to be renewed.

For her part, Athena - an acclaimed drummer in her own right who was a member of Kottak's band KOTTAK (formerly KRUNK) for a number of years - claims that she's been sober since January 13, 2012 and is allowing her son to live with Kottak so he can stay in his school district.

"He's trying everything he can to knock me down," Athena says, adding, "It's only about the money to James."

The couple has three children; one girl, Tobi, and two boys, Miles and Matthew.

Athena, who is one of the stars of the new reality series "Ex-Wives Of Rock" on the Canadian network Slice, said in a promotional clip for the show, "Marrying a musician is not a bad idea - it's the worst idea ever." She also described her marriage to Kottak as "miserable."

Video below: Athena Lee introduction video from "Ex-Wives Of Rock":

http://youtu.be/5mAc51641yU

Video below: James Kottak and Athena Lee interviewed together in May 2010 in Berlin, Germany during a KOTTAK European tour:

http://youtu.be/1ucH4kXuvIA

Posted on 23 Sep 2012 13:49:30 BDT
In a brand new interview with DelmarvaNow.com, POISON frontman Bret Michaels was asked if the fact that classic hard-rock bands like VAN HALEN and KISS seem to be spending more time in the studio working on new material than in recent years means that fans can also expect a new POISON studio album in the not-too-distant future. "Never say never," Bret replied. "We have no concrete plans for a new album at the moment, but the POISON guys are like family to me." He added, "I've been out all summer with them on the 'Rock Of Ages' tour [with DEF LEPPARD] and you never know what can happen."

The last POISON album was 2007's covers set "Poison'd!", while the band's last collection of new, original music was 2002's "Hollyweird".

To celebrate POISON's 25th anniversary, 35 of the multi-platinum band's top hits and fan favorites were gathered for "Double Dose Of Poison: Ultimate Hits", a career-spanning 2CD and digital collection which was released in May 2011 by Capitol/EMI.

Posted on 23 Sep 2012 14:04:26 BDT
Spacepig says:
Ha, Sunday, time to kick back and try and listen to the week's new music. And I think that topping the new (to me) bands this week is A Storm Of Light. Here's one from As The Valley Of Death Becomes Us, Our Silver Memories Fade:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iHCMdN7nW6s

In reply to an earlier post on 23 Sep 2012 14:57:42 BDT
SPACEPIG!!!!.......Hope Sunday is being kind...

I'm really enjoying that track...

So much so, have Amber Waves of Gray...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=icMDlmQL-3U&feature=related

Posted on 24 Sep 2012 00:47:42 BDT
Brooklyn, New York-based progressive/experimental instrumental metal band BEHOLD... THE ARCTOPUS will release its second full-length album, "Horrorsentience", on October 23 via Black Market Activities. The CD marks the recording debut of the group's drummer, Weasel Walter, a multi-instrumentalist renowned for his work under the name THE FLYING LUTTENBACHERS and his widespread collaborations across the free jazz, noise, and metal genres. Walter joins founding members Colin Marston (12-string Warr guitar) and Mike Lerner (guitar). Marston is also a member of KRALLICE, GORGUTS and DYSRHYTHMIA, as well as an acclaimed recording engineer whose recent credits include KAYO DOT, JARBOE and ALTAR OF PLAGUES.

"Horrorscension" showcases BEHOLD... THE ARCTOPUS' signature method of songcraft: all songs are composed in written form before ever being played. Despite its jaw-dropping complexity, the music is delivered with a raw, visceral attack - something closer to punk than to the antiseptic sound of music-school perfectionism all too common amongst younger technical bands. Marston stated, "I would love it if, when people hear 'Horrorscension', they think 'Whoa, what the hell is going on?' rather than 'Wow, they can play their instruments well.'"

"Horrorscension" was recorded, mixed, and mastered by Marston at his The Thousand Caves studio in Queens, New York. The cover art is by longtime collaborator Terry Grow.

Posted on 24 Sep 2012 00:51:59 BDT
Global rock royalty from such bands as IRON MAIDEN, SLIPKNOT, WHITESNAKE, CHICKENFOOT, THE CULT, BLACK LABEL SOCIETY, DEEP PURPLE, JUDAS PRIEST, SLAYER and BLACK SABBATH took part in last night's (Saturday, September 22) Marshall 50th-anniversary event at Wembley Arena in London, England. The luminaries celebrated the life and work of revolutionary amp pioneer Jim Marshall with an unparalleled display of rock virtuosity.

Following the sad news of Jim's death in April, the event, which was already planned to commemorate Marshall's 50th anniversary, was ultimately held in honor of the legendary man and his remarkable life.

IRON MAIDEN's Nicko McBrain compèred the event and was joined by the world's most legendary guitarists, acclaimed musicians and Marshall enthusiasts.

A full review - including photos - is available at Examiner.com.

Check out fan-filmed video footage below.

Marshall died in April at the age of 88. A message posted at the web site of Marshall Amplification, the company he founded 50 years ago, stated, "Jim's ascent into the history books as 'the Father of Loud' and the man responsible for 'the Sound of Rock' is a true rags-to-riches tale. Cruelly robbed of his youth by tubercular bones, Jim rose to become one of the four forefathers responsible for creating the tools that allowed rock guitar as we know and love it today to be born. The groundbreaking quartet also included the late, great trio of Leo Fender, Les Paul and Seth Lover - together with Jim, they truly are the cornerstones of all things rock."

The site described Marshall as "a legendary man who led a full and truly remarkable life."

The cause of Marshall's death was not announced.

A former singer, drummer and music shop owner, Marshall eventually landed a job as an electrical engineer that helped him design a transportable amplifier to use at his own live shows. Consulting with musicians like THE WHO's Pete Townshend and DEEP PURPLE's Ritchie Blackmore, Marshall refined his invention and opened Marshall Amplification in 1962.

By the mid-1960s, he had created the classic Marshall Stack, consisting of one head containing the actual amplifier, on top of two stacked loudspeaker cabinets each containing four 12-inch loudspeakers arranged in a square layout. The setup has become an iconic symbol of rock music played as loud as possible.

01. Instrumental Jam

* Jaz Lochrie
* Chris George
* Brian Tichy
* Adam Wakeman

02. Lil' Devil (THE CULT cover)

* Corey Taylor
* Billy Duffy
* Jaz Lochrie
* Chris George
* Brian Tichy

03. Heaven And Hell (BLACK SABBATH cover)

* Tim "Ripper" Owens
* Doug Aldrich
* Jaz Lochrie
* Chris George
* Brian Tichy
* Adam Wakeman

04. Slide It In (WHITESNAKE cover)

* Tim "Ripper" Owens
* Doug Aldrich
* Jaz Lochrie
* Chris George
* Brian Tichy
* Adam Wakeman

05. Flight Of Icarus (IRON MAIDEN cover)

* Tim "Ripper" Owens
* Doug Aldrich
* Nicko McBrain
* Jaz Lochrie
* Chris George

06. Living After Midnight (JUDAS PRIEST cover)

* Tim "Ripper" Owens
* Doug Aldrich
* Nicko McBrain
* Jaz Lochrie
* Chris George
* Corey Taylor
* Nick Bowcott

07. Cheap Sunglasses (ZZ TOP cover)

* Paul Gilbert
* Mike Portnoy
* Eli Gilbert
* Jaz Lochrie

08. Manic Depression (JIMI HENDRIX cover)

* Paul Gilbert
* Mike Portnoy
* Eli Gilbert
* Jaz Lochrie

09. Rocky Mountain Way (JOE WALSH cover)

* Paul Gilbert
* Mike Portnoy
* Eli Gilbert
* Jaz Lochrie

10. Still In Love With You (THIN LIZZY cover)

* Corey Taylor
* Phil Campbell
* Jaz Lochrie
* Brian Tichy
* Tyler Campbell

11. Ace Of Spades (MOTÖRHEAD cover)

* Corey Taylor
* Phil Campbell
* Jaz Lochrie
* Brian Tichy
* Kerry King

12. Mouth For War (PANTERA cover)

* Kerry King
* Nick Bowcott
* Jaz Lochrie
* Brian Tichy
* Corey Taylor

13. Hell Bent For Leather (JUDAS PRIEST cover)

* Kerry King
* Nick Bowcott
* Jaz Lochrie
* Brian Tichy
* Tim "Ripper" Owens

14. Fairies Wear Boots (BLACK SABBATH cover)

* Zakk Wylde
* Kerry King
* Jaz Lochrie
* Brian Tichy

15. Into The Void (BLACK SABBATH cover)

* Zakk Wylde
* Nick Bowcott
* Jaz Lochrie
* Brian Tichy

16. Stillborn (BLACK LABEL SOCIETY)

* Zakk Wylde
* Nick Bowcott
* Jaz Lochrie
* Brian Tichy

17. Baroque And Roll

* Yngwie Malmsteen
* Jaz Lochrie
* Chris George
* Brian Tichy
* Adam Wakeman

18. Evil Eye

* Yngwie Malmsteen
* Jaz Lochrie
* Chris George
* Brian Tichy
* Adam Wakeman

19. Guitar Solo

20. Far Beyond The Sun

* Yngwie Malmsteen
* Jaz Lochrie
* Chris George
* Brian Tichy
* Adam Wakeman

21. Satch Boogie

* Joe Satriani
* Jaz Lochrie
* Chris George
* Brian Tichy

22. Always With Me, Always With You

* Joe Satriani
* Jaz Lochrie
* Chris George
* Brian Tichy

23. Goin' Down (FREDDIE KING cover)

* Joe Satriani
* Paul Gilbert
* Nicko McBrain
* Jaz Lochrie
* Chris George

24. Black Country (BLACK COUNTRY COMMUNION)

* Glenn Hughes
* Søren Andersen
* Brian Tichy
* Adam Wakeman

25. Soul Mover

* Glenn Hughes
* Søren Andersen
* Brian Tichy
* Adam Wakeman

26. Mr. Big (FREE cover)

* Glenn Hughes
* Søren Andersen
* Brian Tichy
* Adam Wakeman
* Andy Fraser

27. Mistreated (DEEP PURPLE cover) / Rock Me Baby (B.B. KING cover)

* Glenn Hughes
* Søren Andersen
* Brian Tichy
* Adam Wakeman
* Yngwie Malmsteen

28. Smoke On The Water (DEEP PURPLE cover)

* Glenn Hughes
* Tim "Ripper" Owens
* Joe Satriani
* Yngwie Malmsteen
* Phil Campbell
* Paul Gilbert
* Doug Aldrich
* Søren Andersen
* Nicko McBrain
* Tobi Earnshaw
* Jaz Lochrie
* Chris George
* Brian Tichy
* Adam Wakeman

Band:

* Chris George - Guitar
* Nick Bowcott - Guitar
* Jaz Lochrie - Bass
* Brian Tichy - Drums
* Adam Wakeman - Keyboards

Guests:

* Al Murray - MC
* Andy Fraser - Bass
* Billy Duffy - Guitar
* Corey Taylor - Vocals
* Doug Aldrich - Guitar
* Emi Gilbert - Keyboards
* Glenn Hughes - Vocals/Bass
* Joe Satriani - Guitar
* Kerry King - Guitar
* Mike Portnoy - Drums
* Nicko McBrain - Drums/MC
* Paul Gilbert - Guitar/Vocals
* Phil Campbell - Guitar
* Søren Andersen - Guitar
* Tim "Ripper" Owens - Vocals
* Tyler Campbell - Guitar
* Yngwie J. Malmsteen - Guitar
* Zakk Wylde - Guitar

Clips:

http://youtu.be/-NgQ2m_JSaY

http://youtu.be/uc8g1IC8nDU

http://youtu.be/XP0_45BVa2A

Posted on 24 Sep 2012 00:53:18 BDT
Neuweltmusic conducted an interview with LEAVES' EYES singer Liv Kristine prior to the band's September 15 concert at The Button Factory in Dublin, Ireland as the support act for FIREWIND. You can now watch the chat below.

LEAVES' EYES released a digital-only EP, "Melusine", on December 16, 2011 in Europe and December 20, 2011 in the U.S. via Napalm Records. The five-track EP effort included no less than four previously unreleased songs.

LEAVES' EYES' latest album, "Meredead", entered the German Media Control chart at position No. 32. Released on April 22, 2011 in Germany, Austria and Switzerland via Napalm Records, the effort was made available exclusively as limited-edition mediabook CD, including bonus track and bonus DVD "Live At The Metal Female Voices Fest", strictly limited-edition deluxe box set and regular jewel case.

Leaves' Eyes @ The Button Factory Dublin. Ireland: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TaFiy8wnunk&feature=player_embedded

Posted on 24 Sep 2012 00:54:16 BDT
T-Mobile-Music.pl conducted an interview with SOULFY mainman Max Cavalera on June 2, 2012 at Metalfest at Zalew Sosina in Jaworzno, Poland. You can now watch the chat below.

SOULFLY's eighth album, "Enslaved", sold 5,900 copies in the United States in its first week of release to debut at position No. 82 on The Billboard 200 chart. The band's previous CD, "Omen", opened with 6,000 units in June 2010 to land at No. 73.

"Enslaved" was released on March 13 via Roadrunner Records. The CD was recorded at TallCat Studios in Phoenix, Arizona and was produced by Chris "Zeuss" Harris, the seasoned knob twiddler behind some of the most notable bands in metal today, such as SHADOWS FALL, HATEBREED, THE RED CHORD and more.

SOULFLY's current lineup features drummer David Kinkade (BORKNAGAR, ARSIS, MALEVOLENT CREATION), Max and guitar dynamo Marc Rizzo, with STATIC-X's Tony Campos taking up the bass.

Interview: http://youtu.be/rb3sSw1yt48

Posted on 24 Sep 2012 00:58:18 BDT
Addie Rox of Tampa Bay's Mayhem Magazine recently conducted an interview with new QUEENSRŸCHE singer Todd La Torre. A couple of excerpts from the chat follow below.

Mayhem Magazine: A lot of your influence comes from Geoff Tate. What kind of influence do you think your particular sound will have? How will it be the same or differ from original QUEENSRŸCHE material?

Todd: A lot of the little crying inflections, or when you enter a phrase... Michael Sweet [STRYPER] does it a lot too. You know, he [Tate] has a cleaner voice than I have. Even from my early teens, I've had a little bit of a raspier voice, but I can mimic... I don't like to say the word "mimic," but I need to in order to properly do the songs the way they need to be done. So, I mean, I struggle a little bit with staying clean, because I'm used to doing a lot of the higher, more metal, edgier-type music. His is not so aggressive, and in the music I sing with CRIMSON GLORY, it's heavier and vocals are dirtier and grittier. So as far as how would my sound, or the new stuff sound, I think it will sound edgier, and I have a tendency of wanting to do the [Rob] Halford style metal screaming where I think that they're [fellow QUEENSRŸCHE members] wanting to tone that down; maybe they think it's a little dated. But there are times that I want to show the power and the metal side of it. QUEENSRŸCHE is metal, but I think I'll lend a different texture.

Mayhem Magazine: How do you feel about "replacing" one of your idols, Geoff Tate. Is it bittersweet?

Todd: Well... the term that you are using is very delicate. To say the word "replacing," some would arguably say he is irreplaceable. I am, in fact, filling those shoes, that role, so it's probably a fair term, although a lot of people, for political correctness, try to not use this. To be politically correct, or for professional courtesy, I feel people are afraid to use that word because it will garnish criticism, but the fact of the matter is, that is what it is. To be compared, to even be in the same breath as somebody who is probably the biggest influence, vocally, within the genre is surreal, but I feel like I've already been down this road with CRIMSON GLORY because Midnight was a very highly revered singer and I've been kind of held to the fire on that. I'm not worried about the naysayers who are, like, "Fark this guy! QUEENSRŸCHE will never be QUEENSRŸCHE without Geoff Tate." I respect that, I understand that. I'm a fan, too, so I won't criticize someone for that opinion, but at the same time, and I don't know this from the members, but it's fairly evident that Tate is moving in a different direction. The [recent QUEENSRŸCHE] music appears, from an outsider looking in, that it is not what the fans are really wanting, in my opinion. And so, maybe the fans expect the band to not do something, but it's like, if I sound too much like him, I'm being labeled as a clone, but if I sound nothing like him, then they say, "This guy sounds nothing like what it should sound like!" So I'm damned if I do, damned if I don't. So I just say, I do the best that I can. Yes, my phrasing is very similar to him; it's going to be. If I was a guitar player that just grew up on Yngwie [Malmsteen] and Paul Gilbert or Michael Angelo, it's going to be reflected in that playing. If you play like Steve Vai, they are going to be on your sleeve.

Mayhem Magazine: Have you had any formal vocal training?

Todd: I've never had any formal training or taken a single lesson - not one. It was actually right before my debut show with CRIMSON GLORY in Marietta, Georgia that I was able to find a very well-respected vocal coach in the area and I really wanted more of an evaluation. I was told from him, "Do you know how many people that come to me and sing like you do? Hardly any, very few. Whatever you have done to teach yourself, don't stop." I try to find my own way to sing any QUEENSRŸCHE song and not strain my throat, but make it sound effortless. There's always room for improvement.

Mayhem Magazine: Do you feel like you are having to win over the QUEENSRŸCHE fans?

Todd: The difference for me is, I don't have the history, because it's not my voice on those records. It's not my voice they fell in love with. It's hard; it really makes it harder. Luckily, the CRIMSON fans accepted me the way that they did and I think it's because I've proven that I am a better singer live than Midnight was. I don't like saying it, but it's true - even the band says it. I don't have his range; I can't sing so super high. I can hit some high stuff, but it's not what makes a great singer; it's pretty overrated. It's cool. Not a lot of people can do it great, but it's still a bit overrated. Emotion is where it's at. Not that I should care too much what people think to the point that it consumes me, but if I make the band happy and proud, I can't ask for anything more. I'm human; these are my vocal cords. People expect too much. Even out of Geoff Tate, they expect too much. "Oh he doesn't have the range." Dude, the guy's voice, in my opinion, is still farking awesome. The problem is when you build your sound around a range that he's known for, and then you don't deliver like the record. I mean, come on - it's a record. Those lines are done a million times and they take the best takes and they put it together. The record is forever, right? Well, live, very few sound like the record and let's face it, QUEENSRŸCHE is some of the hardest material in the world to sing.

Mayhem Magazine: How different is the singing from your CRIMSON GLORY songs?

Todd: Well, the CRIMSON GLORY songs, Midnight had a scratchier voice. You don't hear any scratch on any Geoff Tate's stuff. You're going to hear it, to some degree, with my voice. Even on the live stuff, that's just how I sing. I think the range on CRIMSON is much higher - I know it is - but trying to be able to sing clean is challenging, but I can do it fairly well. Lots of factors are involved, too, like climate, travel, fatigue, rest, minimizing talking, etc. Our voice is our instrument.

You can read the entire interview from Mayhem Magazine.

Rising West - Queen Of The Reich[AUDIO UPGRADE] - Hard Rock Cafe Seattle 6/8/12:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DS20WkSglZ0&feature=player_embedded

Posted on 24 Sep 2012 01:01:18 BDT
Legendary guitarist Slash kicked off this year's edition of WRIF's Rocktoberfest with a live question-and-aswer session yesterday (Saturday, September 22) at Heritage Park in Taylor, Michigan. You can now watch the chat below.

Slash's second solo album, "Apocalyptic Love", came out in May and was recently certified gold in Australia by the Australian Recording Industry Association (ARIA) for sales in excess of 35,000 copies.

"[The album has] been really well received and I was really pleased with the record in the first place; it's great," Slash said. "You never know what exactly is going to happen and I never have any what you'd call expectations, but once it's out there and people sort of dig it for the right reasons, it's always a good feeling."

Slash recently revealed that he and singer Myles Kennedy have already begun working on music for the guitarist's next album, to be recorded sometime next year.

"We are working on material, gathering ideas for another [record] at this point," Slash told Rapid City Journal. "We are sort of like in those early stages where I'm just recording different guitar ideas and I turn Myles on to it. He's thinking about his stuff and what he's going to do with it and so on."

Interview: http://youtu.be/5ZTIjNqH11Y

Posted on 24 Sep 2012 01:02:19 BDT
Last edited by the author on 24 Sep 2012 01:10:03 BDT
Greetings everyone.....

FOR THE FINAL TIME..........

RECORD OF THE WEEK!!!!

RIVAL SONS!! KEEP ON SWINGING!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7WXSpDHiX6M&feature=fvst

Posted on 24 Sep 2012 01:03:55 BDT
FROM THE VAULT!!!

THE STRANGLERS!!! NO MORE HEROES!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y107EiYPL6E

Posted on 24 Sep 2012 01:08:09 BDT
NEW RECORD OF THE WEEK!!!

PAPA ROACH!!! STILL SWINGIN'!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VCD9CTVdKkI

Posted on 24 Sep 2012 02:31:23 BDT
This is just immense....

Rory Gallagher, Bad Penny......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nlEfyMoR49M

Posted on 24 Sep 2012 05:21:00 BDT
[Deleted by the author on 24 Sep 2012 05:21:09 BDT]

Posted on 24 Sep 2012 05:25:31 BDT
[Deleted by the author on 24 Sep 2012 05:25:38 BDT]

Posted on 24 Sep 2012 07:39:04 BDT
[Deleted by the author on 24 Sep 2012 07:39:21 BDT]

Posted on 24 Sep 2012 13:37:08 BDT
Mumbai, India-based horror metallers ALBATROSS have posted their cover version of JUDAS PRIEST's "Night Crawler". Check it out below. The track was recorded, mixed and mastered by Sahil "Demonstealer" Makhija at Demonic Studios in Mumbai.

Commented ALBATROSS bassist Dr. Hex: "We've kept the basic essence of the song as it is, as one does not meddle with the mighty PRIEST. While we've downtuned the guitars, and added one solo (or two) here and there, the structure of the song remains the same.

"I had the opportunity to catch JUDAS PRIEST on their farewell tour in Singapore and it remains the best show I've ever attended. In a way, this is almost like our farewell present to them.

"Us in the heavy metal community, and in particular ALBATROSS, owe so much to PRIEST - from the high-pitched vocals, to the twin-guitar leads, to thundering drums, to borderline horror themes. We also bought some new guitars recently, so this was the perfect outlet to try them out."

ALBATROSS recently released its second EP, "The Kissing Flies", as a split with U.S.-based doomsters VESTAL CLARET on Roadcrew Records. They followed it up with a multi-city tour across India, culminating in an appearance at the Bangalore Open Air festival.

Albatross- Night Crawler: http://soundcloud.com/albatrosshorror/albatross-night-crawler
‹ Previous 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... 364 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  music discussion forum
Participants:  35
Total posts:  9098
Initial post:  17 Sep 2012
Latest post:  1 day ago

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions