Shop now Shop now Shop now  Up to 50% Off Fashion  Shop all Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Learn more Shop now Shop now
Customer Discussions > music discussion forum

Best Australian Band

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-13 of 13 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 20 Feb 2012 02:45:41 GMT
Mr Natural says:
I got the title right this time.

I submit that it's: Billy Thorpe and the Aztecs. AC/DC may have the international fame, but the Aztecs were better.

The evidence: "Live at Sunbury" double disc

Posted on 21 Feb 2012 09:43:02 GMT
[Deleted by the author on 21 Feb 2012 12:35:12 GMT]

Posted on 21 Feb 2012 09:49:40 GMT
[Deleted by Amazon on 21 Feb 2012 10:00:12 GMT]

Posted on 21 Feb 2012 10:21:31 GMT
Last edited by the author on 21 Feb 2012 10:22:05 GMT
Why does Amazon not like people putting up true comments about others who are ruining these boards by plugging bands.

This is now the third time we have has platent commercial plugging for Billy Thorpe and the Aztecs , and we have had 6 threads plugging Marianas Trench.

Amazon should take action against those using these boards for commercial reasons to plug bands, such as the person posting the OP to this thread , rather than remove comments from genuine regular posters.

In reply to an earlier post on 21 Feb 2012 10:42:08 GMT
Mr Natural says:
Kevin Payne: are you in pain? What is your problem? I have never heard of Marianas Trench. What is this allegation about plugging bands? I simply put up a suggestion and provided some evidence to support it. No commercial aspect here. Using your argument, anyone who mentions any band in any forum is plugging that band.

You are not obliged to submit a posting. Address the issue: in your opinion, if you have one, is/was the best Australian band. What is your evidence?

In reply to an earlier post on 21 Feb 2012 10:43:43 GMT
RABB says:
I think he's taking more issue with you seeing fit to create three threads on it.

INXS are the best Aussie band anyway.

In reply to an earlier post on 21 Feb 2012 10:44:32 GMT
Mr Natural says:
I see that your deleted post has become personal and acrimonious. I suggest that you either contribute positively or disappear yourself.

Posted on 21 Feb 2012 10:52:35 GMT
Mr Natural says:
The three threads was by way of an accident. In the first one I put bank into the title instead of band and then missed it on checking. I thought I explained this in subsequent posts. Some people do not read.

Posted on 21 Feb 2012 10:53:20 GMT
Last edited by the author on 21 Feb 2012 10:56:24 GMT
Mr Natural,

Wwe have now had three different threads on here plugging this band . You appear to be a plugger in action...you do not contribute to any thread other than top plug your rubbishy band.

This is the same thing that happened with another very poor band from Canada called Marianas Trench last week. Once is quite enough.

I suggest you either join this Community in spirit and contribute to all threads or take you quite obviously untalented band and your blatent commercial plugs to another site. You are misusing these boards.

In reply to an earlier post on 21 Feb 2012 10:53:57 GMT
RABB says:
I do read, which is why in the initial thread I didn't discuss banks. I don't see why you needed two additional threads to add something to the OP when you could have edited the post though.

Posted on 21 Feb 2012 10:56:57 GMT
Last edited by the author on 21 Feb 2012 11:03:23 GMT
Exactly ...(s)he is a commercial plugger.

"Naturally" I don't expect any posts from this poster on a thread not to do with his/her appalling dross of a band very soon.

In reply to an earlier post on 21 Feb 2012 11:05:42 GMT
Mr Natural says:
Now it's become really acrimonious and I will ignore you from now on.

How old are you? ten. Are you even Australian? Have you even heard of the Aztecs? You are talking out of your rear.

Your whole posting is arrant nonsense considering the frontman/guitarist passed away a few years ago and the band is defunct!!! Billy Thorpe was a respected musician in Australia. May he rest in peace.

Are you a moron? The posting is best Australian band. You need to be Australian and over 10 to venture an opinion.

By your argument, mentioning any band as is a commercial plug. Get off the computer and get a life.

Posted on 21 Feb 2012 11:07:59 GMT
Last edited by the author on 21 Feb 2012 11:35:47 GMT
Kindly contribute to other threads !
That will prove you are a genuine poster.
Opening three threads on one band is abusing the site. Have they a Greatest Non-hits album out?

If you want to post on other threads you will be welcome , but only posting on threads you open regarding the same band is really not on.

Come along to the PPU on Saturday and discuss the merits of this band with others.

..and yes , I did listen to this appalling 60s style totally derivative band, and their even worse sub-Zeppelin 70s rock sound.Why do I need to be Australian to comment on an Australian bands music ? Perhaps you also think that Australians ought not to have an opinion on British bands like the Beatles then?

... let the singer/guitarist RIP.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the music discussion forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Music Forum Artist(s) - Track 283 - Little Feat nominated by Huck Flynn - Voting!! 31 2 hours ago
Music Forum Artist(s) - Track 284 - Groove Armada nominated by The Foe - Nominations!! 0 2 hours ago
Follow the Lyric Game 8392 2 hours ago
Who is your fave artist that you think win a track for the virtual music game? 1923 2 hours ago
Who is your fave artist for the virtual music game? List of those nominated! 189 2 hours ago
HAPPY BIRTHDAY BOB - call & response : how many roads must a man walk down ? 9021 2 hours ago
New Eleni Mandell video ! ! ! 283 3 hours ago
Music Forumers Suggested Themes. `Detest`! List Of Those Nominated 127 8 hours ago
Benny Hill considered funnier than Monty Python and Hill's show had great musical numbers 576 8 hours ago
What a bargain............ 3705 9 hours ago
Music Forum Folks' Suggested Themes - Track 101 Votes - Post 2000 covers of old songs 17 9 hours ago
Worst Beatles covers voting 21 10 hours ago

More Customer Discussions

Most active community forums
Most active product forums

Amazon forums

This discussion

Discussion in:  music discussion forum
Participants:  4
Total posts:  13
Initial post:  20 Feb 2012
Latest post:  21 Feb 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions