Customer Discussions > music discussion forum

Who's been down to the Crossroads?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-4 of 4 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 4 May 2012 12:55:38 BDT
Sparky says:
What have the Bobs Johnson and Zimmerman got in common apart from their first name? Well I recently read an interpretation of All Along the Watchtower which saw it as the story of Mr. D doing a certain deal with another Mr. D in exchange for fame and fortune. ( Bob was the joker and the other one was the thief.) Seems to fit in places and I even wondered if Bob's sporadic attempts to ruin his career might have been attempts to renege on the deal !!
Any more evidence to support this idea?
Any thoughts on who else might have been to the Crossroads?

Posted on 4 May 2012 13:23:06 BDT
Well for most folk the idea of drunken Scotsmen sidling up to them and bellowing their thoughts directly into their faces at close range would be a nightmare. Yet twoo speccy Fifers have enjoyed enormous success emulating such an experience. How come, one wonders unless they have also been to the crossroads. Mind you, I'm not sure who would be getting the worse part of the bargain from those two descending to hell.

Posted on 4 May 2012 13:34:31 BDT
Sera69 says:
Benny

In reply to an earlier post on 4 May 2012 14:31:58 BDT
Sparky says:
I take it this is Craig and Charlie Proclaimer you refer to, Peter? Not the prettiest of sights to my mind but I do have a soft spot for them, some good tunes and a lot of emotion in places. Are they not of the Christian persuasion, I get that feeling from some of their songs (not that it bothers me).
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

ARRAY(0xba673cd8)

This discussion

Discussion in:  music discussion forum
Participants:  3
Total posts:  4
Initial post:  4 May 2012
Latest post:  4 May 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions