Customer Discussions > music discussion forum

Boycotting rock stars in the Countryside Alliance...

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 126-143 of 143 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on 28 Jan 2013 15:33:20 GMT
scratch says:
When Americans 'hunt' they shoot, and very often eat what they kill. When Brit toffs hunt, they set dogs on animals so they can ride their horses over other peoples land and satisfy their blood lust. It may be cultural, but I'm very happy to judge the 'difference'.
However, there is a possible difference between supporting the Countryside Alliance, perhaps in sympathy for those low paid rural workers marooned in shopless villages without a bus service, and hunting. Any evidence for Eric having actually followed the hounds?

In reply to an earlier post on 28 Jan 2013 15:41:54 GMT
S.R.J says:
Tried liver and kidneys with a bit of smoked bacon recently....delicious.
S.R.J

In reply to an earlier post on 28 Jan 2013 15:48:17 GMT
scratch says:
Do you know in which State these events occurred? Have any of these clearly sexually active individuals come forward and complained? You appear to be quoting UK law, and basing your judgement on a newspaper report, hardly cast iron evidence [even in the Guardian!]

Posted on 28 Jan 2013 15:58:33 GMT
Last edited by the author on 28 Jan 2013 16:09:26 GMT
BOF says:
Scratch I didn't explain myself to clearly.

The first part (American girls) was to say that there was 'previous conduct' to show that the second part (about the British girl) was not a 'one off'. Seeing as Peel never sued the Gaurdian or even denied his 'direct quote' then it's far more 'evidence' than what is happening to Saville (obviously to me a serial predator but where is the 'cast iron' evidence against him) and Peel banged on for years about his sex life in the USA to anyone who wanted/didn't want to listen. So Scratch do you think Peel is an innocent?

Have any of these clearly sexually active individuals come forward and complained? - Did I say they'd complained? If they haven't does that mean it's OK to abuse your position and abuse children?

I'm not going to comment/reply about Saville/Peel anymore, I think I've made my position clear Saville/Peel were sexual predators, end of, if some of his 'fans' are upset with it, get over it, deny it if you want, you're only fooling yourself.

best bones
B.O.F.

In reply to an earlier post on 28 Jan 2013 16:02:32 GMT
What were the liver and kidneys tried for? Was it setting fire to the bacons living quarters?

Posted on 28 Jan 2013 17:13:52 GMT
>>> says:
All this talk of hunting has reminded me of that champion Bull & Terrier 'Billy' and his astonishing record of killing 120 rats in just 8 minutes and 20 seconds - an average of one rat killed every 4.1 seconds. Savage!

In reply to an earlier post on 28 Jan 2013 17:46:35 GMT
Last edited by the author on 28 Jan 2013 17:47:50 GMT
Leftin says:
A. Foss: Though your post is 75% critical, I can at least read it without feeling nauseous. (Maybe the posters swapping recipes featuring parts of pigs which BELONG SOLELY TO THOSE PIGS could start their own discussion on that damnable topic!) You rightly surmise that my views are inconsistent. They probably are, but that's more down to a lack of intelligence on my part than any deliberate inconsistency. I'd forgotten that Queen played South Africa during apartheid. Black Sabbath also played there around the same time (although only Tony Iommi is still in the band now). I've never owned a Queen record, and have only one (Dio-fronted) Sabs 45. My admiration for Brian May is based on his support for the right of badgers and foxes to live, unmolested. He should apologise for his actions re. South Africa. But let me add that I don't use the word "scab", and I haven't heard any of my left-leaning friends or relations use the word, nor anyone in my union.

Posted on 28 Jan 2013 17:48:13 GMT
[Deleted by Amazon on 6 Mar 2013 07:54:37 GMT]

In reply to an earlier post on 28 Jan 2013 17:56:28 GMT
Leftin says:
SST:What indeed! The sex-offenders part started with someone's urging us to boycott nonces in music (which I do already - I had to get rid of Trapeze's We Are the Band, You Are the Music, due to the drummer's criminal activities) rather than huntin' types; the meat part sort of invited itself in. I should stick to non-controversial posts, mainly because I'm not clever enough to hold an argument beyond the emotional angle.

In reply to an earlier post on 28 Jan 2013 18:01:01 GMT
[Deleted by Amazon on 6 Mar 2013 07:54:41 GMT]

In reply to an earlier post on 28 Jan 2013 18:05:01 GMT
CN says:
Why are you so petty? Who are you to decide who goes riding? The Countryside Alliance supports a lot more than Hunting - but then you would not understand the Countryside with views like yours!
Christopher Normand

In reply to an earlier post on 28 Jan 2013 18:12:55 GMT
Last edited by the author on 28 Jan 2013 18:23:23 GMT
Leftin says:
SST: Yes; you only need to read some of the "banter" on YouTube to see how much potential violence exists on unmoderated forums. People sometimes end up making murderous threats. "Listen you faget (sic) Suppertramp (sic) never made a better album than Even in the Quitest (sic) Moments I'll kill you for saying Breakfast in Americas (sic) good its (sic) cr&p!" And the amount of racist bile on there is hideous.

On here, though, we're all good-humoured, tolerant, and... what did you just call me!? :)

In reply to an earlier post on 28 Jan 2013 18:19:41 GMT
Last edited by the author on 28 Jan 2013 18:20:32 GMT
Leftin says:
Christopher Normand, my old mate! Hello! How are you doing? It's been so long... Thank goodness you're here to add value to this discussion. And you're right - of course I get to decide who goes hunting. Why, even the Queen herself has been complaining that my disgraceful interference has ended her enjoyment of the (ahem) sport. Cameron, meanwhile, has been failing to attend Parliament, so great is his agitation at the disapproval of hunting voiced on Amazon. What IS the world coming to, Chris?

Posted on 28 Jan 2013 18:21:30 GMT
[Deleted by Amazon on 6 Mar 2013 07:54:52 GMT]

In reply to an earlier post on 9 Jun 2013 22:20:52 BDT
David Dubery says:
And I will buy even more of their albums than I already have in order to promote their stance... And if you really believe that only 20 or so people have ever bought an Andy Fairweather Low album, then that goes to confirm what a complete and utter sphincter you are...

In reply to an earlier post on 9 Jun 2013 22:21:41 BDT
David Dubery says:
Because you're stupid...

In reply to an earlier post on 9 Jun 2013 22:22:23 BDT
David Dubery says:
How's about that then?

In reply to an earlier post on 10 Jun 2013 04:34:38 BDT
Last edited by the author on 10 Jun 2013 04:35:40 BDT
A. Foss says:
Leftin: Firstly - & I don't know if your having me & other people on 'cos I don't really know you, but taking you at face value - stop putting yourself, or rather your intelligence, down willya? You're easily more readable than a lot & there's no need for it.
Secondly, I can only assume you don't have many "left-leaning" friends or many people in your "union" or your "union" is a pay-your-dues but say nothing union a bit like the members at GCHQ branch?
You don't use the word "scab" fair enough - but your speaking for a lot of others there? [I'm gathering?]. Although, I'm now early-retired, I'm still a fairly active Trade-Unionist & if anyone wants to put a label on me [I think my views are moderate personally..], then, yes, I'm left-leaning according to some.
Despite this "scab" is a word that is quite common throughout - & not always regarding the miners strike where communities & families in my area still don't have anything to do with each other. It was used as recently as public service strikes/days of action from teachers etc...where my grandson & I stood with some teachers picketing at his primary school.
One place you probably won't see it said is any of the main 3 centre-right political parties, Tories, Lib-Dimwits & Still-New-As-Ever-Labour.
Keep on keepin' on anyway my man but don't keep putting y'self down!
Your reply to A. Foss's post:
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)

‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

More Customer Discussions

Most active community forums
Most active product forums

Amazon forums

This discussion

Discussion in:  music discussion forum
Participants:  43
Total posts:  143
Initial post:  20 Jan 2013
Latest post:  10 Jun 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions