Customer Discussions > mp3 discussion forum

I can't get my amazon download to open in iTunes

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 26-50 of 50 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on 10 Dec 2010 17:55:10 GMT
I have registered my issue with amazon about my bengali muic cd/mp3 there has not been any action in last six weeks! I am flabergasted and feel robbed.please help!!

Posted on 30 Mar 2011 00:22:40 BDT
I read and did everything here, didn't work. Then, I closed iTunes (instead of having it open already), right clicked the file, chose "open in iTunes" and it worked... hope that helps someone :/

In reply to an earlier post on 30 Mar 2011 07:39:31 BDT
and it doesn't automatically open? try it manually then dude!

In reply to an earlier post on 13 Apr 2011 22:37:42 BDT
Hi....Amazon are really helpful if you call them up. I ended up talking to one of their MP3 experts and she talked me through the proceedure I was having difficulty with....I have no problem downloading now,

In reply to an earlier post on 13 Apr 2011 22:43:08 BDT
Hi.......I had problems with my first download also so you are not alone. I purchased about 20 downloads without knowing where they were going. However it clicked and I realised I had to download itunes....Amazon automatically download their music into your I tunes file then you transfer them to your I Pod.Hope it works for you....

In reply to an earlier post on 13 Apr 2011 22:48:55 BDT
Yes I purchased about £20.00 of downloads didn't press open and lost them....I called Amazon who were really helpful and informed me they would have to download them for me again because I hadn't pressed open. They are really helpful in such situations.

Posted on 4 Feb 2012 21:57:44 GMT
Herb Robert says:
Appears you have to quit and relaunch itunes to get them to work... simple yet maddening!

Posted on 5 Feb 2012 08:10:02 GMT
Branson says:
If you live in America (As i do) i don't think it will work. I was at the concert tonight talking with Frank myself. He said that they just got the rights for it to be sold in America and it should be available the next time iTunes adds new items (This coming Tuesday.) So i am assuming it won't register with iTunes until then.

In reply to an earlier post on 24 Feb 2012 17:27:08 GMT
Radiojock says:
I've just had this. It is a bit fiddly to grab downloads, James. Like someone already said, after you've selected your tune, you must first make sure you've downloaded the little program from Amazon which pulls your .mp3 file off the web. Although your purchase will automatically show on your Amazon account, it won't show on your computer without having used the Amazon Downloader. So make sure you've got that first. Not sure if you have to grab the downloader each time you buy a single or album. I thought I already had it for my last download but today's purchase didn't come in! I'd paid for my track but couldn't find it on my comp so clicked on the downloader, then the song automatically came in. Don't ignore your purchase, send a quick note to Amazon and, if necessary, they'll lead you through the process of downloading your music.

In reply to an earlier post on 28 Feb 2012 23:46:29 GMT
Colin Ives says:
Hi, can I take issue with all those who seem to think that you must have itunes installed in order for the Amazon d/loader to work correctly? As previously stated, Amazon will d/load all mp3s into My Music/Amazon MP3, it doesn't need Itunes at all but will attempt to add all d/loaded mp3 files into this program at the time of their d/load... hence you'll get a message saying 'File xxxxxxxx.xxx has been successfully d/loaded from Amazon' and then a second message saying either the file has been added to Itunes or that the addition (actually a file copy) has failed... This doesn't mean that the file's not been d/loaded to your PC - it'll still be in the Amazon MP3 folder along with all the other files from Amazon and can be copied across to Itunes whenever you like. As far as I know the Amazon d/loader needs to be d/loaded from Amazon each time you pay for an mp3 d/load... no real problem with that as it only takes a few seconds and the prompt for it is now really 'in your face' while you're heading for the checkout.... I've also found that files won't be copied into Itunes unless this is open... not fussed that much as I use WinAMP, a proper mp3 player! :)
Hope that lot helps somebody!

Posted on 12 Apr 2012 02:44:51 BDT
I've never had a problem downloading mp3s from Amazon.

You all are obviously doing it wrong.

But that's to be expected from iTunes users.
Considering iTunes OS is a$$ backwards, it's to be expected that it's users would be the same way.

In reply to an earlier post on 12 Apr 2012 17:01:14 BDT
I've also never had problems, but I was trying to help, something which YOU haven't done and therefore why you should delete your childish post.

In reply to an earlier post on 12 Apr 2012 21:58:11 BDT
thank you Stuart: i did find your post helpful. I've given up trying with Amazon, though, and now just use Spotify and iTunes: both more reliable.

Posted on 21 Apr 2012 10:23:48 BDT
Mina Davani says:
my kindle stopped working, after i connected to my computer , i can neither turn it off or on, what should i do ? i love my kindle , plz help me

Posted on 21 Apr 2012 10:26:21 BDT
Mina Davani says:
help me , my amazon kindle stopped functioning after i connected to my pc,

In reply to an earlier post on 21 Apr 2012 10:46:12 BDT
Last edited by the author on 21 Apr 2012 10:50:09 BDT
Radiojock says:
Hello Mina,

It would help to know what version of the Kindle you have; also, how did you connect to your PC? Via the USB cable, I assume?

Do you have a copy of the User's Guide for your machine saved to your PC? It sounds like you need to reset the Kindle. I'll look it up for mine, I have the Kindle Keyboard version.

BRB! Jen

Right, here's what I get on my User's Manual for my machine:

"My Kindle won't turn on/My Kindle is unresponsive or appears frozen.
Recharge your Kindle using the power adapter that came with the device and plug it into an
AC outlet. Make sure that the charging light next to the micro-USB port lights up while you
are charging. Allow the device to be charged in this manner for at least 30 minutes.
Slide and release the power switch. If your Kindle does not turn on then try resetting it by
doing the following:
1. Disconnect your Kindle from any power source.
2. Slide and hold the power switch for 15 seconds, then release.
Note that the screen will be blank for about 30 seconds while your Kindle restarts."

That's straight from the manual. If you haven't already, Mina, you ought to download a copy for your own Kindle version from Amazon. Hope you get sorted soon!

Posted on 29 Apr 2012 14:43:20 BDT
H. Bayliss says:
I had a similar problem, paid for it but it never got to my download file. I just emailed them, explained politely what had happened and I got a lovely reply with loads of help and they opened the link up for me to re-download it.
Your reply to H. Bayliss's post:
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)

In reply to an earlier post on 29 Apr 2012 15:13:42 BDT
Radiojock says:
I agree, they're lovely at Amazon. Really helpful. Was it you with the Kindle problem that froze? If not, then I got this alert from a reply you made to me?

Kind regards, Jen

Posted on 29 Apr 2012 17:49:21 BDT
Aimz says:
I originally was able to open my Amazon MP3 tracks with Windows Media Player and download them onto my MP3 player by dragging them into the player folder. However I now have Windows 7, Media Player was faulty and so I ended up removing it. My Amazon MP3s were downloaded into iTunes, but iTunes won't play them - I click and end up with an '!' next to the track.
Any ideas?

In reply to an earlier post on 29 Apr 2012 23:39:33 BDT
Radiojock says:
Yeah, Aimz! In Win7, click the orb and type a track name into the search bar at the bottom of the little screen that opens. You should get an option to open the folder to find your track (which will also give you the rest of them). Then tell iTunes where the tracks are and they'll play properly. I had to do the same thing recently. I also run 7.

Posted on 1 May 2012 20:11:43 BDT
I can download into iTunes on my pc, but not on my new iPad, any suggestions. I've tried to access the music on my pc through iCloud, but only about 1/3rd has come through.

In reply to an earlier post on 3 May 2012 07:31:52 BDT
M. Beestone says:
I had the same problem. I got around it by converting the file to a WMA format (Windows Media Player) & then transferring to i-Tunes. Pain in the backside but it works.

In reply to an earlier post on 1 Jun 2012 13:56:14 BDT
V. W. Brumby says:
And thanks from me, too, having read tour answer to a.n. Other. It IS easier when you know how!

Posted on 5 Jun 2012 19:29:06 BDT
D. A. Lawton says:
I have just purchased a MP 3 download from Amazon but cannot understand how to download it to my computer. I have the Amazon MP 3 Downloader already installed but cannot find where to "click download" Can anyone help me?

Thanks David

Posted on 17 Nov 2013 10:32:46 GMT
DT Pratt says:
Cannot download mp3 downloader
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the mp3 discussion forum (420 discussions)

More Customer Discussions

Most active community forums
Most active product forums

Amazon forums

This discussion

Discussion in:  mp3 discussion forum
Participants:  35
Total posts:  50
Initial post:  6 Dec 2009
Latest post:  17 Nov 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 18 customers

Search Customer Discussions