Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 201-225 of 534 posts in this discussion
Posted on 6 Sep 2012 07:49:36 BDT
[Deleted by the author on 10 Sep 2012 17:56:02 BDT]

Posted on 10 Sep 2012 17:56:21 BDT
Alison Buck says:
Hello again ;-)
Writers of Young Adult Fiction, please promote your work here.

In reply to an earlier post on 10 Sep 2012 18:37:43 BDT
mountainmama says:
It's doing fairly well, Alison. I think YA titles are a little harder sell than thrillers!

Posted on 10 Sep 2012 20:45:57 BDT
Anything is harder to sell than thrillers, MM.

Even comic fantasy. So why not all do yourselves a favour, and check out The Vampire Mechanic (Banned Underground)?

Santa's Sleigh has been stolen. Who you gonna call? Not those ghostbusters, but The Banned Underground....

In reply to an earlier post on 10 Sep 2012 20:53:50 BDT
That sounds like a santastic story.

In reply to an earlier post on 10 Sep 2012 21:40:57 BDT
Wait until you meet Notsanta...

In reply to an earlier post on 11 Sep 2012 00:42:01 BDT
Last edited by the author on 11 Sep 2012 00:48:15 BDT
Alison Buck says:
Hi MM.
Doing 'fairly well' is a good basis to build on. I reckon your son is very lucky to have you on his team ;-)
Nil DesperateDandum, as an old friend of mine used to say!

Posted on 11 Sep 2012 01:09:20 BDT
Last edited by the author on 11 Sep 2012 01:11:03 BDT
V-Darkness: The Penalty of War Last day of free promotion for this 2nd book in the trilogy.
As the struggle between Britain and Germany intensifies, the boundaries between the humans and the blooded have started to collapse. The great darkness that all blooded fear has arisen and is spreading. The world is spinning towards destruction, and the perpetrator prepares to make his move.
Death lurks in the shadows and it is hungry for blood

In reply to an earlier post on 12 Sep 2012 12:19:45 BDT
mountainmama says:
Isn't that the truth, Will!

In reply to an earlier post on 12 Sep 2012 12:20:59 BDT
mountainmama says:
This is true, Alison. Ya gotta start somewhere, and the fact that his YA books get ANY sales is better than a lot of people do.

Posted on 12 Sep 2012 21:17:20 BDT
Gecko129 says:
Ever wondered what a Griffin is...?

Well, I'll tell you...

The Flight of the Griffin Is a questing YA adventure loved by adults, teens and middle grade kids...

Living in their old boat `The Griffin' four youngsters become the unlikely heroes at the end of time when a burglary sets them on the path to finish the `Last great Spell' - a spell to stop the balance of the World tipping into Chaos...

They become  Magician, Thief, Priest and Fighter when a magical book guides them upon a quest that pits them against magic, demons and `The Hawk,' an evil hunter of men.

Join a race against time to find three crystal skulls that must be brought together, while all the forces of Chaos try everything to stop them.
The Flight of the Griffin

Posted on 16 Sep 2012 18:58:33 BDT
Alison Buck says:
Hello again, everyone.
Thanks for posting here.
Hope all your amazing books are doing well ;-)

Posted on 16 Sep 2012 19:36:31 BDT
Last edited by the author on 17 Sep 2012 20:37:53 BDT
My debut novel is considered to be for young adults but I know loads of adults have loved it so it is probably a new breed... kidults!
Please take a look,
thanks
Vanessa :)

Hybrid (The Evolution Trilogy)

University. Land of opportunity? For Steven Thorn, it's the start of a new life. Just not the one he anticipated. As his resolve is put to the test, he ends up losing everything. For who could live a normal life as a HYBRID?

REVIEWS

`The Hybrid series is sure to keep the reader on edge throughout the chapters, and leaves you wanting more at the end. This, to me, is the mark of a true bestseller. It leaves me wanting more, and will leave any reader wanting her to hurry up and release the other books! Any fans of The Hunger Games and/or Twilight will instantly be captivated. I will state, I am NOT a Twilight/vampire fan AT ALL, but I was captivated by this book. You must read to know more! I recommend this book to anyone who wants to `get lost' in a new book, and for any English teacher looking to get their kids hooked on reading. I'm confident in recommending this, and look forward to many more works in this series and by this author.'

`Hybrid is engaging from the start and is an exciting read...Once I started reading I didn't want to put the book down as I wanted to know what would happen next.'

`A great twist on the usual vampire tale.'

`This is a very exciting read. Would appeal to the Twilight fan-base, but has definitely put its own twist on the genre. A very well constructed piece, all the more impressive for being a debut novel.'

`I loved this story! It was a fantastic start to a series which I hope to see more from soon, and I loved the characters! There was also a great twist in the tale, and it was original and well-thought out. I would recommend this book to anyone who is looking for something new in their paranormal romance/fantasy section, and I can't wait to see what this author comes up with in her next books!'

`I really enjoyed the characters, settings and narrative and couldn't put it down. So many little twists and details all the way through, super. I can't wait to read the next in the series and would love to see it as a film.'

Posted on 17 Sep 2012 12:42:36 BDT
The Dictator of Britannica The kids in this novel have some very grown-up decisions to make, so they do behave like YA's. Will be a free promotion from September 20 to 24

Posted on 20 Sep 2012 16:59:36 BDT
Alison Buck says:
Hello Vanessa and Helen
Thanks for posting here.
Hope your novels are doing well ;-)

In reply to an earlier post on 20 Sep 2012 21:28:17 BDT
Hi Alison,

Thanks for asking! I am making a few sales, but it's nothing to talk about... I do think it's great this forum exists!

I guess I need to finish the trilogy first...

Posted on 20 Sep 2012 21:38:12 BDT
Last edited by the author on 20 Sep 2012 21:38:37 BDT
Asha-A YA urban fantasy tale of a demon reborn in the body of a teenage girl and the start of a new series.

In reply to an earlier post on 21 Sep 2012 09:48:40 BDT
Alison Buck says:
"...I guess I need to finish the trilogy first..."

There's always another book pestering to be written! ;-)

Posted on 21 Sep 2012 11:28:32 BDT
mountainmama says:
Here are a few for the weekend:

YA adventure time travel: Chronicles of Time: Book 1 (trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jyBxe1CUwB4&feature=channel&list=UL)

YA adventure: Novel Ideas

In reply to an earlier post on 22 Sep 2012 21:00:54 BDT
Absolutely, in fact I should be editing right now! Instead, I'm listening to Grease - 30th Anniversary Deluxe Edition it is a classic!

I have actually made a few more sales and got all excited when I made it into the sales rankings... But it did not last long! If only...I think patience is the key. Hopefully I'll get some more reviews over the next few months and release the sequel...

Hope you have a great weekend!

In reply to an earlier post on 26 Sep 2012 09:14:22 BDT
Alison Buck says:
Thanks, Vanessa ;-)
Now, put the DVD down and get back to that editing!

Posted on 26 Sep 2012 09:16:06 BDT
Alison Buck says:
Hello to Kevis and MM too
Thanks for posting.
Hope the books are doing well ;-)

Posted on 26 Sep 2012 10:03:50 BDT
All In

Carla was young and beautiful and would do anything to be rich. Not much wrong with that, provided she could move on from a troubled past.
Her only way out was playing high stakes poker, using Fat Yang as her mentor. Trouble is, it wasn't a game of cards that Fat Yang had in mind for her. It was something far more sinister.
Fortunately for her, she discovers his intentions, and hatches a plan to turn the tables.

In reply to an earlier post on 26 Sep 2012 10:32:53 BDT
Alison

CD not DVD ... So it inspires me to write! :) cracking tracks...

Nearly half way on the edit... No point rushing or I won't see the errors or make it better.

I have to say it is creeping up, at 102,000 already! I'm impressed with that! And I think it all works. Let's see what my beta readers make of it!

BTW I am talking about the sequel to Hybrid (The Evolution Trilogy) coming soon... (I hope...lol)

Posted on 26 Sep 2012 11:13:15 BDT
Ignite says:
Free at the moment - Jack MacFadden and the Faerie Realm - a lovely YA story which I - long since too old for it - enjoyed a great deal!
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  109
Total posts:  534
Initial post:  14 Dec 2011
Latest post:  4 hours ago

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 15 customers

Search Customer Discussions