Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 151-175 of 563 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on 24 Jul 2012 13:08:03 BDT
Oh peachy! Another one telling me I need a face mask.....

In reply to an earlier post on 24 Jul 2012 13:11:43 BDT
I have some spare in the dungeon.

In reply to an earlier post on 24 Jul 2012 13:43:27 BDT
Why am I not amazed to hear that? This is a YA thread, GL! I thought \i might be saf, here

In reply to an earlier post on 24 Jul 2012 14:07:47 BDT
Ok, I know when I'm not wanted. I'll just slope off to sult in a corner. Sniff...

In reply to an earlier post on 24 Jul 2012 16:16:18 BDT
Alison Buck says:
Crikey! Why would a poor, inoffensive little word like 'Crimble' make you cringe, GL?

In reply to an earlier post on 24 Jul 2012 16:17:31 BDT
It's the thought of buying all those presents, Alison.

In reply to an earlier post on 24 Jul 2012 16:22:01 BDT
Alison Buck says:
Hah! You could be right there, Will although, just today, over on GR, GL has admitted to having a Santa suit. Curiouser and curiouser...

In reply to an earlier post on 24 Jul 2012 16:35:18 BDT
I've missed this confession...

Where's cut and paste when you need it?

In reply to an earlier post on 24 Jul 2012 17:56:10 BDT
It was when you saw a foot coming down your chimney!

Christmas itself is fine, its just the world crimble that I don't like. Its probably a cultural thing.

Posted on 24 Jul 2012 18:25:49 BDT
Alison Buck says:
No worries, GL ;-)
Actually, although I'm happy to use 'Crimble', I have a mild aversion to the word 'Crimbo'.
Couldn't really say why.

Posted on 24 Jul 2012 19:20:41 BDT
Lynne says:
For the young, or just young at heart, here are two fantasy novels at only 77p each on Kindle!

Gertie Grimthorpe comes from a long line of witches. Unfortunately, she hasn't really got the hang of it. Being blonde haired, blue eyed and free of warts isn't much of an advantage.
Try as she might, Gertie's spells fall flat. She manages to give her bat-headed umbrella the ability to talk, but then wishes she hadn't when all he does is complain and insult people. Even finding an owl to be her Familiar doesn't help. Then again, he is extremely shortsighted...
Gertie is sent to The Academy to improve her spell casting skills. She soon has a best friend in the form of Bertha Bobbit, a big girl, with a matching appetite.
Add to that a Moat Monster with a flatulence problem, the weirdest array of witch's Familiars possible, and a warlock determined to ruin Gertie's chances of success, and the story unfolds.
Not to mention the demon...

Gertie Gets it Right (eventually)

Zac is a fifteen year old stable boy whose life is turned upside down when he finds himself in the midst of demons, magic and a perilous quest. The land around Albemerle castle is under attack, and the only hope of survival for Zac and the people he loves is to find the great wizard, Aldric.
Men have already died trying.
Strange dreams mark the beginning of Zac's life changing events. Armed with a magic sword, ring and crystal, he sets out with a group of soldiers to find Aldric. Demon attack almost ends Zac's quest as soon as it begins.
Zac refuses to give up, and soon finds himself accompanied by unusual travelling companions. Many dangers bar their way. Only Zac's determination and the unexpected help he receives can make it possible to find and free Aldric, and return for the final battle to save the land...

Zac's Destiny

In reply to an earlier post on 24 Jul 2012 21:55:48 BDT
mountainmama says:
I love British slang. In books I think it adds so much charm.

In reply to an earlier post on 24 Jul 2012 22:29:39 BDT
Then you'd love my rubbish, MM. The dialogue is full of it.

In reply to an earlier post on 24 Jul 2012 23:35:42 BDT
mountainmama says:
It's on my TBR list, Will -all I have to do is make a million bucks so I can afford to retire and hire people to take care of everything else so I can read!!!!

Posted on 25 Jul 2012 18:37:04 BDT
Is this the correct forum for politely telling folk about a new book? I recently published HOLLOW MOON, a YA space opera adventure about a kidnapping, a school band competition and an electric cat that eats everything in sight...
Hollow Moon

In reply to an earlier post on 25 Jul 2012 22:07:56 BDT
mountainmama says:
Yes, this is the correct place, Stephanie. What a cute cover! Best of luck.

In reply to an earlier post on 26 Jul 2012 14:38:43 BDT
Thank you! I'm a newcomer to these forums but you all seem a nice bunch of people.

Posted on 26 Jul 2012 15:11:24 BDT
Last edited by the author on 26 Jul 2012 15:11:47 BDT
Not me! I'm a multiple axe murderer, who is being hunted by a giant killer saxophone.

Oh, sorry, that was last night's dream.

In reply to an earlier post on 26 Jul 2012 15:17:50 BDT
I thought you were a crusted cod...

In reply to an earlier post on 26 Jul 2012 15:24:34 BDT
I'm not even sure what a crusted cod is, but do these dreams involve eating large quantities of cheese before going to bed?

In reply to an earlier post on 26 Jul 2012 15:27:09 BDT
I think I'll let Will explain that one - after all its his dream... ;)

Posted on 26 Jul 2012 15:28:16 BDT
jezzadarlo says:
Hi

I'd like to add my own book, The Glass Apple. It's got 3 five star reviews, and this is one of them:
"This book is a wonderful work of imagination. It's a fantasy which moves through time and introduces us to some familiar characters - familiar if you love Celtic mythology anyway. It revolves around 3 children and their strange but endearing Grandad (who is much more than he seems to be). The children also prove to have hidden depths as the tale progresses. They are given a quest which takes them back in time and involves them with some great characters.

The action is fast paced in this story; it's exciting and gripping. It's a funny book too, you'll enjoy the humour. Robert Franks also writes some beautiful descriptive prose - he has a flair for this - and he can set a scene in a very special way.

There is another book in this series so I think I'm going to have to download that one - I really need to find out what happens." Ignite.

I hope you enjoy, and thanks for this forum!

In reply to an earlier post on 26 Jul 2012 16:09:57 BDT
Just because it's my dream doesn't mean I know what's going on.

Steph, crusted cod is a seafood dish. Suits Gingerlily: she seasfood and eats it....

In reply to an earlier post on 26 Jul 2012 16:21:52 BDT
Specially if its jellybabies.

Posted on 26 Jul 2012 19:46:35 BDT
I. Black says:
A new 5-star Amazon review for Noontide Owls

Unputdownable, 26 July 2012
By Mr. E This review is from: Noontide Owls (Paperback)
Noontide Owls is a fascinating and intriguing novel that is set in an imaginary world full of magical, mystical beings. The novel can be read and interpreted on at least two levels: Firstly, there is a story that vividly captures the reader's imagination, thus making it ideally suited for younger readers as fantastical adventure story, not least because Irene Black masterfully manages to hold their attention by creating just the right level of suspense.
At a somewhat deeper level and thus appealing to an adult audience, the story is about universal truths of the human condition; about general insights into the often fatal workings of both national and international politics. We see a state falling apart because the common enemy that once united the different peoples has gone. Soon after they have gained their longed-for freedom the various peoples start fighting and even killing one another. Former friends become foes, neighbours are treated with mistrust and hatred. In the middle of all this, there are voices that speak reason but they are not heeded. Read at that level, one cannot fail to see a striking resemblance to events in the wake of the fall of the Berlin Wall and the collapse of the Soviet Union. Moreover, we are made to understand that such a tragic and deplorable course of events might be avoided if people knew more about their own histories and what there is to learn from them. Even if the novel presents the reader with a devastated world torn apart by conflict, there is also a glimpse of hope that shines through at the end.
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  113
Total posts:  563
Initial post:  14 Dec 2011
Latest post:  8 days ago

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 16 customers

Search Customer Discussions