Customer Discussions > Meet Our Authors discussion forum

Carl Ashmore - author of the 'Time Hunters' series ...

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 126-150 of 328 posts in this discussion
Posted on 25 May 2012 10:22:42 BDT
Carl Ashmore says:
I'd just like to thank MarkD for the 14th consecutive 5 star review of Bernard and the Bibble. Cheers, Mark

In reply to an earlier post on 27 May 2012 00:03:18 BDT
willie wit says:
This weeks funny self-service story...
I was wandering past a customer the other day who was about to pay for his book/cd combo on the fancy self-service kiosks, he had a fiver squashed up very tightly in his hand.
In an attempt at being helpful i mentioned to him that the kiosk wouldn't accept the note unless it was flat and uncreased... He barked at me very rudely "What Do You Want Me To Do ? - Iron It...?!?
I calmly replied that I was simply making him aware that this may cause a problem with his transaction, as I walked away I glanced at his items and spied... "Dealing With Anger Issues" book/cd
lol...

Don't think there will be a TTT sequel Carlo... I appear to be a one book man.

:o)

Posted on 28 May 2012 10:25:49 BDT
Carl Ashmore says:
ha@ Willie. That's funny. There's a tiny tale in that alone.

Hey, well all think there's only one book in us - and then we write another. Why not give a full length a try, or maybe a novella?

Great game for Crewe yesterday. What a season :)

Posted on 28 May 2012 12:16:58 BDT
willie wit says:
'full length' ! are you bonkers Carlo ! it takes me all my time to write terribly short stories... it's all that punctuation and spelling bother does me bonce in big style.
Stories visit me like little lightning flashes - i would get electrocuted if i had to do an epic one !

long short stories and lightning - very, very, frightening !

Posted on 29 May 2012 19:29:12 BDT
Carl Ashmore says:
Hey, to quote Robert Browning :

"Ah, but a man's reach should exceed his grasp -- or what's a heaven for?"

:)

Carlo

Posted on 1 Jun 2012 09:41:29 BDT
Carl Ashmore says:
The Time Hunters (Book 1 of the acclaimed series for children of all ages) is free today everyone :)

Posted on 3 Jun 2012 09:31:09 BDT
Last edited by the author on 3 Jun 2012 09:34:51 BDT
Carl Ashmore says:
Thanks to Nikki Cook for today's five star review of The Time Hunters (Book 1 of the acclaimed series for children of all ages).

Have a great Sunday everyone.

And a big shout out to Willie and his Twenty Tiny Tales. It's FREE today, people.

Carl
The Time Hunters and the Box of Eternity (Book 2 in the acclaimed series for children of all ages ...)

Posted on 4 Jun 2012 11:12:11 BDT
willie wit says:
Hey Carlo - i read TH1 yesterday and have just started TH2 - so if you can finish TH3 in time for my lie in tomorrow it would be perfect.

;o)

Posted on 4 Jun 2012 18:29:35 BDT
Carl Ashmore says:
Ha@Willie. I'll see what I can do. Frankly, however, I think there is more chance of Middleport taking over Chelsea as the most desirable place to live in England. I'd love to know how you find TH2 :)

Posted on 5 Jun 2012 11:16:02 BDT
willie wit says:
Middleport is much nicer since they knocked most of it down Carlo... it is almost panoramic now by the roundabout, if Westport got hit by a tsunami it would be like the seaside !
check out my promo tshirt - http://ebooksiteslist.blogspot.co.uk/p/sneezy-ts.html

74% now...

Posted on 5 Jun 2012 11:22:48 BDT
Carl Ashmore says:
Ha@Willie. That T-shirt is sooo cool. It's a shame Stokie Robbie didn't wear one at the Jubilee concert :)

Posted on 5 Jun 2012 12:12:11 BDT
willie wit says:
i am a Jubilee free zone - i haven't had my telly on for 3 days now, and what with the footy and olympics i deserve a refund !

:0)

Posted on 5 Jun 2012 13:25:07 BDT
Carl Ashmore says:
Hey, you and me both. I haven't eaten one sausage roll, waved a single union jack, feasted on a scone, or listened to a Elton John track.

I do believe I'll watch the footie, though. :)

Posted on 6 Jun 2012 15:44:45 BDT
Carl Ashmore says:
And Willie, thanks so much for your 5* review of The Time Hunters and the Box of Eternity (Book 2 in the acclaimed series for children of all ages ...). You are most kind. I'm glad you enjoyed it.:)

Posted on 8 Jun 2012 18:52:43 BDT
willie wit says:
I went to Crewe today Carlo... i am so sorry...
If you ever need a food parcel sending let me know, i think us indie authors from 'oop north should organise a Live Aid type event meself...
And it was raining.

;o)

In reply to an earlier post on 8 Jun 2012 21:46:37 BDT
Carma Chan says:
bump

In reply to an earlier post on 11 Jun 2012 20:47:26 BDT
willie wit says:
Hey Carlo - i think i may have written a novella - how many words are they ?, me brain been fizzin' and a poppin' all weekend !

Posted on 11 Jun 2012 22:26:45 BDT
Last edited by the author on 11 Jun 2012 22:27:06 BDT
Fi esta says:
I've been sent over to say hello by WW (W), err 'hello'.

Posted on 11 Jun 2012 22:44:54 BDT
willie wit says:
*tut* Carlos thread used to be a nice chatty place before the amazooban, its all gone to pot...

:o(

Posted on 11 Jun 2012 23:02:09 BDT
Caain says:
Hi Carl, Willie and Fi esta.
Well, Willie what the heck is Fi esta waiting for? :)

Carl, long time no chat... trust and hope that all is well with your sweet self and loved ones..
Alice must really be giving you a little "back chat" by now, bless her.
Carl, how far are you with the Time Hunters 3? ... looks like I'm going to start cracking the whip all over again!
My regards to Crewe; I quite like it, hopefully may pay a little visit this Thursday or next.
Take care et a bientot, mon cher ami,
Amities,
Caain x

In reply to an earlier post on 12 Jun 2012 02:54:54 BDT
Last edited by the author on 12 Jun 2012 02:55:28 BDT
Fi esta says:
Hello again Caain, I was waiting for someone else to arrive, but no one did, :>(

I've woken up at silly O'clock, and guess what? I've missed the conversation...

In reply to an earlier post on 12 Jun 2012 10:13:33 BDT
Hi Carl,

Just popped around to see how you're doing.
Missed you since that other thread went missing.

A question - have you experienced a marked difference in European sales of paperbacks since they started distributing them locally? I have and I'm over the moon. The thought of my books on someone else's bookshelf makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. :-)

Posted on 12 Jun 2012 11:41:30 BDT
willie wit says:
i find ginger beer makes me feel like that...

Warm and Fuzzy feeling causing Old Jamaica Ginger Beer Soft Drinks 330ml x 24

In reply to an earlier post on 12 Jun 2012 11:48:48 BDT
Thanks, Will

I'll remember that. :-)

Posted on 12 Jun 2012 12:01:16 BDT
willie wit says:
i think Carl is watching us to see how we are coping without him...

;o)

Serious user Binoculars by GadgetTEK. 10x50 Special Orange Anti Glare Coated optics. Lightweight alloy body. For Forum watching, Sports, Wildlife and Astronomy. 10 x 50 Binocular with case, lens caps & strap.
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Meet Our Authors discussion forum

This discussion

Participants:  25
Total posts:  328
Initial post:  19 Dec 2011
Latest post:  25 Oct 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions