Customer Discussions > Meet Our Authors discussion forum

recommend your books

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 101-125 of 2117 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on 20 Sep 2012 11:30:06 BDT
mountainmama says:
Hi Sammylee! Are you still looking?

Good weekend reads:

Political intrigue: M.O.D. (check out the YouTube trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=It9YGWR8W54)

YA adventure time travel: Chronicles of Time: Book 1 (trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jyBxe1CUwB4&feature=channel&list=UL)

YA adventure: Novel Ideas

Happy reading.

Posted on 20 Sep 2012 11:56:19 BDT
So far everyone I have met that read my Gothic novel says that they couldn't put it down. It is on Kindle and paperback.But a Walking Shadow

A dark, gothic tale of disillusionment, tragedy, loss, rape, lunacy, child abuse, and frustrated love set in Victorian England

Posted on 20 Sep 2012 13:27:14 BDT
Loneliness of a Long-Distance Writer

To all present and futures fans of M. T. McGuire, the writer of humorous fantasy, read her interview at

http://mirabooks.wordpress.com/loneliness-of-a-long-distance-writer-mary-t-mcguire

I've had great fun interviewing her. I'm sure you'll enjoy reading it.

Posted on 22 Sep 2012 10:13:35 BDT
All In

Carla was young and beautiful and would do anything to be rich. Not much wrong with that, provided she could move on from a troubled past.
Her only way out was playing high stakes poker, using Fat Yang as her mentor. Trouble is, it wasn't a game of cards that Fat Yang had in mind for her. It was something far more sinister.
Fortunately for her, she discovers his intentions, and hatches a plan to turn the tables.

Posted on 22 Sep 2012 10:17:35 BDT
Hi sammylee

Kindle, paperback and special editions

HIDING THE ELEPHANT (Simon Grant Mysteries)
and its sequel
LOCK UP YOUR DAUGHTERS (Simon Grant Mysteries)

or both together

Double Trouble (Two Simon Grant Mysteries)

Posted on 23 Sep 2012 17:44:27 BDT
Minijax says:
My genealogical novel, Tainted Tree, is under 2 for the Kindle, and has 17 reviews, 12 of them five star. A bit of escapism for the wet week ahead.

Addie was pretty excited when she arrived on England's shores from Boston, USA. Her relationship with Lloyd had come to an end, and she wanted to put that behind her. Now she was eager to find out about the family she'd never known - her English mother, deceased in her twenties, just after Addie's birth and the grandparents who'd never wanted her. As for her father, well, no-one knew who he was - probably a guy like Lloyd - plenty of charm, but no loyalty. When she arrived at the house bequeathed to her in Surrey, England, Addie had no idea what she was going to find out.

Tainted Tree is set in Guildford and the West Country in the 1990s, though Addie's research takes her back to the First World War. It has 17 reviews, 12 of them 5 star, and is in the top 100 in these categories:

#65 in Kindle Store > Books > Fiction > Family Saga
#69 in Books > Fiction > Romance > Sagas
#72 in Books > Fiction > Family Sagas

Posted on 23 Sep 2012 18:11:00 BDT
Climate Control is now in it's second edition with a new cover page. Check it out. Still only 0.77.

Posted on 23 Sep 2012 22:45:36 BDT
G G says:
Reluctant Medium (Reluctant Medium Series)

Paranormal Mystery by G G Collins

Check out blog for more: Current Post: Walking in Santa Fe (US New Mexico)

Take a walk along West San Francisco Street in Santa Fe. Autumn is a great time to visit the City Different. Stroll with the Reluctant Medium on the first day of fall. Learn about Burro Alley and The Original Trading Post dating back to 1603. The aspens are turning golden and there's a bit of mystery in the air-dare I say paranormal?

http://reluctantmediumatlarge.wordpress.com/

Reluctant Medium (Reluctant Medium Series)

Posted on 24 Sep 2012 09:33:58 BDT
Last edited by the author on 24 Sep 2012 09:36:14 BDT
Fighting Out of Mobberley, England a sort-of zombie novel.
Review:
If there are any billionaire's out there planning to make this novel happen for real, count me in! I'll be a bad person or a good person, I don't care. I love the idea of this novel and found myself rooting for Lee and Claudia's group. Well written, perhaps a bit short if truth be told, but altogether an engrossing and different story about the experiences of a mixed group of individuals pretending to survive a zombie apocalypse.

Posted on 24 Sep 2012 19:45:00 BDT
Both books are entered in a giveaway on Goodreads.com. Ends 10 October 2012.

Pursuit
Caught

Posted on 27 Sep 2012 06:59:42 BDT
Last edited by the author on 27 Sep 2012 07:25:12 BDT
Here is a small selection of my titles. From thrillers to comedy including one of the UK's most popular free downloads, there should be something for everyone here!!

The Crew My free thriller has spent over a full year at #1 on the UK sports charts with a 4.5 rating from 125 reviews!

Top Dog The sequel to The Crew and a best seller in its own right with a 4.5 rating from 33 reviews.

Billy's Log - The hilarious diary of one man's struggle with life, lager and the female race Reviewed as "simply the most humorous portrayal of the male psychosis since High Fidelity." 4.6 rating from 44 reviews.

The Art of Fart: The Joy of Flatulence! "Laugh out loud funny!" One of the funniest and most politically incorrect book of recent times.

Posted on 27 Sep 2012 11:03:04 BDT
My Novel a historical fiction called To Rule a Queen. A romp through the tangled world of court.

Who can a woman trust? her lover? her protector? her guardian? In Queen Elizabeth case who should she trust? her eyes? her moor? or her spirit? To Rule A Queen tells the tangled story of the young Elizabeth 1st who battles with her heart and conscience to effectively rule her kingdom. The three men in her life Robert Dudley, William Cecil and Francis Walsingham all fight for preference and stature to ultimately prevail in ruling the Queen.

Enjoy

Posted on 27 Sep 2012 20:41:12 BDT
[Deleted by Amazon on 27 Sep 2012 21:20:34 BDT]

Posted on 28 Sep 2012 09:32:41 BDT
Both books are entered in a giveaway on Goodreads.com. Ends 10 October 2012.

Pursuit
Caught

Posted on 28 Sep 2012 21:58:06 BDT
Thirty British troops a week are seeking medical help, toll of combat in Afghanistan.
A total of 3,021were diagnosed with `Adjustment disorder' between May 2010 and April 2012.
Symptoms include self harming, drug abuse and anxiety attacks.
This story is the account of one such man who refused point blank to acknowledge these symptoms.

The Dancing Boy
With the Afghan heat blinding his sight, Tom Gillet, a young British soldier is dragged back from an IED by Shafiq, a small Afghan boy. Luckily he lost a foot and not his life.
Shafiq wasn't so fortunate. His family was murdered by the Taliban as a warning to those who helped the coalition forces, and he was sold into a child trafficking ring as a dancing boy.
Discharged from the army and on the threshold of PTSD Gillet, takes it upon himself to return to Afghanistan to search for the boy in the hope of finding him a better life.
But what he encounters is betrayal and lies.
Then he returns home to the UK and finds himself drawn into the horrors of a world he never knew existed behind the closed doors of immigrant Britain.

Posted on 28 Sep 2012 23:26:01 BDT
A sample of my new book (Three Thousand Miles To You)
FREE STARTING TOMMROW ON KINDLE

Baby, do you ever want to get married?
I never thought about it before Why are you asking me to marry you?
Do you really think I would over a text?
No I guess not.
Seriously though alanna is it something you want?
I think that you don't need to be married to be happy.
Are you saying it's not for you?
No I am just saying that I could be happy not being married.
So you could be happy without love?
I could never be happy without you but I don't think that you need to married to love someone.
I see
What about you do you want to get married one day?
Yes I have long wanted to be married and have a family I never had one so I would like to think one day I will.
You have me.
Yes I do but I would like to be married to you so I can have you always.
You have me you don't need paper to know that.
I feel you don't agree with me on this.
You are only twenty five and I am twenty two isn't there time for all this?
You would think so but giving the circumstances there isn't.
You talk like it's over you have given up the fight why?
I haven't I just feel like I might lose you and I want to make you mine.
I am not property.
I know that but to me you are the reason I breathe the reason I get up the reason I believe that good things can happen for me. So you see why I want to own you I don't ever want this feeling of being loved by a woman to go away.
I will always love you I will never be like Alice.
No you are not like her she is poison and you are gold deep glittering gold that can love someone like me!
You are the most loving person I know I am lucky to have you!
Lucky? baby I think that you are unlucky to be with me. Sometimes I think that you would be better off with someone else.
PLEASE CHECK IT OUT
MANY THANKS

Posted on 29 Sep 2012 01:55:50 BDT
ANN SELF says:
New stuff to read!

ROMANTIC THRILLER series. No forensic gore, just spine-tingling, cat-and-mouse-suspense mingling with a genuine, long-term love story.

Springhill Estate in New England, centcom for mystery, intrigue, jealousy and psychological suspense. Showhorses, gothic barn, beautiful people and a touch of spectral to stand your hair on end.

LUCINDA WHITBECK. Wealthy, beautiful and living in a stone mansion on Springhill Estate in New England. Spoiled, bored, and eager to cause trouble whenever she can.
JANE HUSTED. Show rider and coach on the 2,000 acre estate, struggling to carry on under difficult circumstances, training high-dollar show horses and demanding riders. To further complicate her life, she's blindsided when a man from her past appears on the scene.

Visit Springhill if you dare and mingle with the elite and working stiffs. One of them is a killer.

SOMETHING MOST DEADLY , SOMETHING VERY GHOSTLY , and SOMETHING MOST EVIL .
Large books. Mild language. .75 for first book in series

Posted on 29 Sep 2012 08:27:34 BDT
The Crew - Thriller: the #1 free sports download for over a year with a 4.2 rating from 126 reviews.

Top Dog - Thriller: Over a year in the top three of the paid football download chart (currently #2) with a 4.5 rating from 33 reviews.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/bestsellers/digital-text/362855031/ref=pd_zg_hrsr_kinc_1_5_last

Third book in the series coming soon.

Posted on 29 Sep 2012 08:45:23 BDT
Savage Possession

Hi all,
Blurb from my novel, Savage Possession:
Raw sexual emotion, revenge and redemption. If you want a sugar-coated romance, Savage Possession is not for you. In colonial Australia it took hard men like Martin Mulvaney to tame a harsh land.
A sweeping tale of love's triumph over tragedy and treachery in frontier Australia.

A mistaken identity opens the door for Martin Mulvaney to take his revenge on the granddaughter of his mortal enemy.

An old Scottish feud, a love that should never have happened, and a series of extraordinary coincidences traps two lovers in a family vendetta that threatens to destroy their love, if not their lives.

thanks

Margaret

Posted on 30 Sep 2012 16:51:51 BDT
Do you like stories about ghosts/ the paranormal?

What would you do if a secret was haunting you from the grave? Would you run? Would you ignore it? Would you try to find out what that secret was?

This is the dilemma that Mikayla 'Mikki' Moore is faced with when her Dad is involved in an accident one night. She has to take on his roles as a caretaker to Olive Wood Primary school and as a Dad to her younger siblings.

But what Mikki didn't bargain for when she stepped into her Dad's shoes, was to be plagued by a paranormal presence in his home and in his work place. Taps, bangs, apparitions, rattling keys and messages left by unknown callers are just some of the things that Mikki has to deal with in the life that she has been thrusted into.

The only way that Mikki can put the troubled soul to rest that is so desperate for her attention, is to help pass on its message. She needs to know. But who is she? What does she need to know? These are just two of the questions that plague Mikki on the quest that she embarks on to free her childhood home from the tight grip that the spirit seems to have over it.

Get it now and find out what She Needs to Know.... FREE WEEKEND NOW!!! She Needs to Know

Posted on 30 Sep 2012 20:47:40 BDT
Cathy says:
Hi Sammylee

You might enjoy Julia's Room which is quite easy reading but also intriguing (according to a reader on good reads) and has some love interest although not a romance.

It's a 32,000 word short story / novella and costs 0.77p.

Posted on 30 Sep 2012 22:23:58 BDT
Last edited by the author on 30 Sep 2012 22:24:36 BDT
Man-On-Fire says:
Hello, am I allowed to recommend my own book on here?

Posted on 1 Oct 2012 08:22:55 BDT
FREE TODAY
01. October

Story for children, dog lovers and believers in the power of love of any age.

TIMBUKTU, THE PERMANENT DOG

Posted on 1 Oct 2012 11:27:23 BDT
Tarin Day says:
The Remarkable Journey of Madeline Meredith.
Madeline Meredith is a young girl in the early nineteenth century, who is forced to become the mistress of a ruthless and powerful man who will stop at nothing to get what he wants. When she leaves him taking her maid, the outrageous Kitty Dawson with her, he swears revenge, and sets someone on her trail accusing her of theft. This is the story of two women's courage and fortitude in a world ruled by men.

Posted on 1 Oct 2012 19:05:40 BDT
Lester James says:
My first book, No Passage Landward, explores the futility and stupidity of suicide as told from the point of view of a confused and irrational man. While not pulling its punches, it is also an uplifting tale of love, hope and friendship, and, even though I say so myself, a damned good read. Now 99p.
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Meet Our Authors discussion forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
My Books - Carol Arnall - Continued. 355 1 hour ago
recommend your books 2116 1 hour ago
Fiction and Nonfiction Books 132 3 hours ago
Shameless self-promotion 1627 4 hours ago
something to read on the commute? 85 4 hours ago
Great reads for the weekend! 3803 4 hours ago
Indie Authors Self Promo 3620 5 hours ago
Do You Have Book On Kindle? 5262 5 hours ago
Rainy day reading list... 318 5 hours ago
Looking for something to read this weekend? 633 6 hours ago
Plug Your Kindle Books Here! 1115 6 hours ago
Romance titles. 604 9 hours ago

This discussion

Participants:  378
Total posts:  2117
Initial post:  1 Jul 2012
Latest post:  1 hour ago

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 36 customers

Search Customer Discussions