Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 101-125 of 532 posts in this discussion
Posted on 5 Jun 2012 00:08:17 BDT
I'm not exactly sure how old YA's have to be - I would have thought at least 18, but most fantasy books seem to cross over from 12 years up. So here is The Dictator of Britannica a story of parallel worlds and the kids who tried to come to termswith it. Not written by me, but one of my authors.
My own YA novel that definitely is: Bobby's Girl a tragic teenage romance

Posted on 9 Jun 2012 08:39:26 BDT
Alison Buck says:
Hello again, Roger, Irene and Helen
Thanks for posting here.
Best of luck with your books ;-)

In reply to an earlier post on 9 Jun 2012 21:43:53 BDT
Roger Weston says:
Thanks, Alison. Best wishes for continued success with Abiding Evil.

In reply to an earlier post on 9 Jun 2012 22:53:08 BDT
I love YA books because they have more bizarre stories, also easy-to-read most the time.

In reply to an earlier post on 9 Jun 2012 22:54:28 BDT
Alison Buck says:
Hi Roger.
How kind! I really appreciate the mention and your good wishes.
Thank you ;-)

Posted on 9 Jun 2012 22:57:34 BDT
Superhero Princess and the Curse of the Rainbow FairySuperhero Princess and the Curse of the Rainbow Fairy

Zara is your typical fairy tale princess, blonde, gorgeous and awaiting her prince charming. Except for one thing, she's been cursed with super powers. You'd think flying fast, being strong, and the ability to attract small, fuzzy creatures would be awesome right? Wrong! Join Zara as she fights zombie carrots, evil mermaids, and dragons with attitudes.

Everything changes when a new boy named Gunner enrolls in her school. He accepts her for who she is, which Zara has never encountered. Suddenly, magical eggs from various monsters around the kingdom start to go missing. It's up to Zara to discover who is stealing these monster eggs and why.

Funny illustrated middle-grade fiction book. $2.99 Thanks for looking!

Posted on 10 Jun 2012 23:07:21 BDT
Jack D says:
Hi all,

I'm going to let my reviews speak for the book, so please check out The Super Spud Trilogy.
The Super Spud Trilogy

Thanks,
Mike

Posted on 14 Jun 2012 12:30:13 BDT
Alison Buck says:
Hi Natasha, hi Mike
Thanks for posting here.
Best of luck with your books ;-)

Posted on 14 Jun 2012 15:39:17 BDT
ladies and gentlemen, I was driven here at enormous expense to promote

The Mystic Accountants (The Banned Underground)

But the journey used up all the budget, so I can't. Sorry.

In reply to an earlier post on 14 Jun 2012 15:40:39 BDT
Its very good. Buy it.

(there, I've done it for you)

In reply to an earlier post on 14 Jun 2012 15:45:46 BDT
*Bows*

You liked it, then? You never said...

Posted on 14 Jun 2012 22:45:50 BDT
I didn't realise that one of the ten books I have on Kindle was a YA book till I got a job as a library assistant in Australia. I was tidying the shelves and I found my book sitting in the YA section. It's City Whitelight and it was made into a radio play, and published by two different publishers! Can't even give it away on Kindle for some reason!

Posted on 15 Jun 2012 17:10:37 BDT
ryan says:
The Owners, Volume 1: Alone
Product Description
Loni is terrified. Her very, very worst fears have come to Life. Her Eyon Hatchling, her "Little" is about to be taken from her. Ok, perhaps not actually taken away...but once he is connected to his work machine, Loni knows exactly what will happen to him. He will be gone. Changed. Different. And she can't let that happen.

Not now, not EVER!
Not that Little is prepared to let that happen either! Different to other Eyons, he loves his Pet Human, Loni, with every feather on his body. And if that means leaving his egg-mother and his home and all he has ever known behind, then that is exactly what he will have to do. And if it means protecting Loni from the brutal never-ending wars, which rage in the distant villages of Humans, well then, he will do that too.

Far across the land, San knows that things aren't quite as they ought to be. Comfortable and secure as his life as a Human Pet is, he is convinced that there is something else, some truth that he doesn't yet know...something...darker.

And he isn't alone in thinking that either. Only a chance meeting with another Pet, sets him thinking that perhaps Humans had some other history, that they were not always Pets, kept in comfort but denied freedom of will. And if Humans had a different history to what was communally believed, could they also have a different destiny?

When the dreaded appearance of a work machine forces the 14 year old Human, Loni and her Eyon Owner, Little, to leave their home, they have no idea that far away, Loni's unknown twin San, haunted by nightmares and enthralled by the mystery of an old medallion, has simultaneously been compelled to embark on a quest, which will inexorably draw all three together and thrust them into a world of danger where nothing is quite as it seems.

The Owners Volume 1, is the first in a series of books, specifically aimed at Teenagers and Young Adults. It is a beautifully simple tale of the necessity of human identity, woven intricately into a struggle between what is right and what is more right, between one kind of love and another. Set in what appears to be an alien landscape, on an alien planet, at an unknown point in time, it centres on the concept of what it means to be Human, with all the emotional and physical frailties this entails and subtly examines how humanity can so easily be lost and at what cost to the soul.

But its real beauty lies in the fact that it is so much more than the sum of its parts. It is full of laughter and light, despondency and soul-searching, in equal measure and in all shades of light and dark.

All of this is conveyed with subtlety in the text of this novel,allowing the reader to gain a sense of foreboding and an inkling of how things really are not as they seem. The suspense builds right up to the final chapter as the reader pieces the information together bit by bit, culminating in a pinnacle of revelations.

It is these qualities, together with its strong yet deeply vulnerable characters, which give this story an edge, making it enjoyable for teenagers and adults alike.

-----

Posted on 15 Jun 2012 17:17:31 BDT
Hilary says:
New book by upcoming teen author

Ruth Weaver - Chasing Aces

Chasing Aces

Molly Remington had been the outcast girl for as long as she could remember; until she started at Red Hawks and was introduced to the newfound world of popularity. But at a price. Her power hungry ego had turned her into a bully. Phoenix-Kendall, the vulnerable victim was almost dead by the time Molly had finished with her. Once expelled for her actions Molly thinks she can move on from Phoenix.
Not so fast however, at her new school St Bernadette's she is drawn to the Chasing Aces Society. An outwardly glamorous and perfect group of best friends whose friendship so far has survived just about everything. But are they ready for Molly?
Keeping her past a secret is easier said than done. Her plans to fit in and keep what happened at Red Hawks a secret slip away. Molly is reunited with Phoenix's mum, her new teacher; Yoanna, who is idolized by the Society. The victim's cousin, Vixen, who just so happens to be the leader of the Society is less than welcoming to Molly. In the ultimate trial can `new and improved' Molly really put her past behind her?
Emma Smith is a shy member of the Society who lives with her abusive father, forced to look on at the seemingly perfect lives of her friends in the Chasing Aces Society. For Emma, it seems like all hope is lost. Until she meets by chance, mysterious Phoenix who seems to know more about Emma than anyone; including Emma herself. When she becomes tangled in the complicated life of Phoenix and Yoanna is it possible that Emma might come away a completely different person?

In reply to an earlier post on 15 Jun 2012 17:44:49 BDT
Didn't I? I read it while I was on holiday I think, and Its in the queue for a review. Yes I did like it very much.

Posted on 20 Jun 2012 13:17:43 BDT
Alison Buck says:
Hello again
Writers of Young Adult Fiction, please promote your books here ;-)

Posted on 24 Jun 2012 03:47:31 BDT
Last edited by the author on 21 Jul 2012 00:11:47 BDT
C. Thomas says:
Saving Oliver (A Novella)
What would you do to save your friend?
... and what if that friend lived 100 years ago?

In reply to an earlier post on 27 Jun 2012 06:50:05 BDT
Alison Buck says:
Hi Carolyn
Thanks for posting here.
Best of luck with Saving Oliver (A Novella)

Posted on 27 Jun 2012 09:19:08 BDT
Rondo K says:
The Chaosifier

A contemporary fantasy adventure

FREE on Kindle Wed 27th to Fri 29th June

The Chaosifier - sizzling second edition.

A storm is brewing.

High on a mountain in Central Europe a vengeful chaos lord has managed to get a terrifying device to do his bidding. The future of the whole of mankind is at stake, and only a plucky band of luck goblins can possibly stop him.

There's just the troublesome matter of a crime wave, global financial meltdown, and WW3 to deal with first...

A rip-roaring fantasy adventure from the author of The Spirit Archer.

Posted on 27 Jun 2012 09:35:45 BDT
Ignite says:
I read The Flight of the Griffin by C M Gray over the weekend. It's a good, exciting story with some lovely (and some ghastly!) characters. I've long since stopped being a YA but I still enjoy this sort of magical fantasy fiction.

Posted on 27 Jun 2012 10:41:04 BDT
mountainmama says:
Here are a few more YA books by J C Allen:

YA adventure: Novel Ideas

Time travel adventure: Chronicles of Time: Book 1 and Chronicles of Time: Book 2. Check out the YouTube video for blurb: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jyBxe1CUwB4&feature=channel&list=UL

Posted on 27 Jun 2012 11:18:37 BDT
I. Black says:
Noontide Owls
Maara, the Mariner girl and the two mysterious Trumpeters race against time to save their city from destroying itself, as its inhabitants turn against one another.

Posted on 30 Jun 2012 11:37:34 BDT
Alison Buck says:
Hello again everyone
Thanks for posting.
To the writers - Rondo, MM and Irene - hope all your books are doing really well ;-)
To Ignite - the prodigiously prolific reader and reviewer - thanks for another great recommendation ;-)

Posted on 4 Jul 2012 09:38:35 BDT
Alison Buck says:
Hello again ;-)
Writers of Young Adult Fiction, please promote your books here.

Posted on 4 Jul 2012 10:38:21 BDT
Ignite says:
Take a look at D M Andrews' book Jack MacFadden and the Faerie Realm. Novella length, it deals with a boy and his school friend setting off to find his real parents. They face a death threat (faerie has some real baddies in!) and there are tense and exciting momets near the end. It's all written with DM's characterisitcally descriptive style. I enjoyed it. It should be labelled OA too!
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Meet Our Authors discussion forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Thrillers on Kindle 2 1052 2 hours ago
Do You Have Book On Kindle? 5295 3 hours ago
My Books - Carol Arnall - Continued. 387 4 hours ago
Indie Authors Self Promo 3639 6 hours ago
Books with 5 star reviews 1161 13 hours ago
Kindle eBooks between 1 and 2 1669 20 hours ago
Shameless self-promotion 1635 20 hours ago
Great reads for the weekend! 3813 20 hours ago
New British Authors - Promote your work here! 3536 20 hours ago
something to read on the commute? 95 1 day ago
Romance Authors Only 239 1 day ago
Fiction and Nonfiction Books 142 1 day ago

This discussion

Participants:  109
Total posts:  532
Initial post:  14 Dec 2011
Latest post:  16 days ago

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 15 customers

Search Customer Discussions