Customer Discussions > Meet Our Authors discussion forum

The Wrong Stuff from M T McGuire - Authorholic

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 751-775 of 8253 posts in this discussion
Posted on 7 May 2012 12:58:33 BDT
You know, i think it is time to introduce a Troll into my work. They are generally nasty, undesirable things. If anyone has any information on Trolls, i would be only too glad to consider it... thanks muchly guys.

In reply to an earlier post on 7 May 2012 13:03:23 BDT
You mean you're.... the ghost of michael jackson?

Posted on 7 May 2012 13:03:33 BDT
How about a frost giant? We don't see enough of those...

In reply to an earlier post on 7 May 2012 13:04:37 BDT
I saw a giant frostie once.

Posted on 7 May 2012 13:04:43 BDT
What about that giant polarbear... anyone got a big see through mint I can stand on.

In reply to an earlier post on 7 May 2012 13:05:51 BDT
Jim Webster says:
Way back I spent a lot of time on usenet where the trolls can get really bad because most of the stuff was unmoderated
That might be why I can no longer walk across a bridge without spitting over the side.
I agree with your assessment, they are Parasitic creatures, sucking the life out of things and leaving the husks behind

Posted on 7 May 2012 13:14:44 BDT
Ah you put it so elequaintly, Mr Webster, unlike my neandrathalithic ways of puting things. But hey, i've had an idea for yet another book. I shall call it "Invasion of the Trolls". By the way, Jim, are these vampire Trolls, that suck the life out of you?

In reply to an earlier post on 7 May 2012 13:20:42 BDT
Jim Webster says:
elequaint is a word that I shall treasure, a useful combination.
Vampire, parasite, I think the terms fit. They produce nothing useful, merely dancing the same old dances, an endless, mindless, soulless pirouette before they move off looking for new victims

Posted on 7 May 2012 13:20:55 BDT
I think my baddie is a troll or perhaps a troll is a grongle.

Jim are you on facebook or is it just the book?

In reply to an earlier post on 7 May 2012 13:23:23 BDT
I think I married one of those, once...

In reply to an earlier post on 7 May 2012 13:25:12 BDT
Jim Webster says:
I put up a page some years ago, because for research purposes I had to be able to see facebook without having to create a new page every time, but in a time honoured abuse of the concepts of social media it was hidden so well even my daughter couldn't find it. The page is an offshoot of 'me'
I've sent out an expedition to find you, follow the trail of bread crumbs back

Posted on 7 May 2012 13:34:23 BDT
Jim, I looked for you on farce book, but there were so many with your name i didn't know which was which. But, if you take my "human" name that i use on these threads, and combine it with the second name on the front of my books, then search for the "white winged horse" on FB, you will find me. You're very welcome to send an add request... apart from anything else, if we have an emergency on here, we can PM each other. Also, it is handy to check each others book links that way too, and so on

In reply to an earlier post on 7 May 2012 13:35:05 BDT
No breadcrumbs yet. I think the troll might have gone though.

In reply to an earlier post on 7 May 2012 13:35:15 BDT
@t Will. You're not the only one who married a troll... i did it twice ! ! !

In reply to an earlier post on 7 May 2012 13:36:54 BDT
Jim Webster says:
Have done
MTM seems to have 'subscribe' rather than friend request, but then I'm easily confused

Posted on 7 May 2012 13:37:21 BDT
@ MTm, perhaps the little birdies ate the breadcrumbs. Try a long piece of string next time... i've heard that's a good way to find your way out of a labarynth

In reply to an earlier post on 7 May 2012 13:37:33 BDT
Jim Webster says:
well I can find subscribe but not friend
call me thick but ah well

Posted on 7 May 2012 13:43:42 BDT
Last edited by the author on 7 May 2012 13:44:08 BDT
I got you, jim. And yes, it looks like our little troll friend has crawled back under its bridge. Isn't it great that we have superior minds, and have the ability to defend ourselves with clever words. I mean, imagine trying to get the better of a bunch of writers by using words against them... how stupid is that ???

Posted on 7 May 2012 13:45:34 BDT
Ah you need to look for Mary McGuire not Hamgee University Press...

In reply to an earlier post on 7 May 2012 13:46:06 BDT
Jim Webster says:
they lurk silently on the edge of vision, preparing their next sock puppet.

In reply to an earlier post on 7 May 2012 13:48:12 BDT
Jim Webster says:
I might have done it, who knows,
anyway I've a villain to kill and I want it done today because for the next three days I'll be down in the deep sarf attending meetings and whatnot

In reply to an earlier post on 7 May 2012 13:50:36 BDT
Jim Webster says:
trolls have no minds of their own, they exist to follow old, well worn routines but they are cunning and devious, and exist for no good purpose

Posted on 7 May 2012 13:52:37 BDT
I've got to write my way out of a hole but I've no time to do it until Wednesday. Then I've just got to do three or four takes of the same scene until I get the right one.

Cheers

MTM

Posted on 7 May 2012 14:01:58 BDT
I know how you feel, MTM. The other day i wrote myself into a corner. I had to find a way to get a certain prisoner to escape a well guarded fortress that stands on the edge of a desert. Weak, sick, and without his powers, there was no hope for him. Either the guards would easily track him down, or in his weakened state he would not survive the desert. also the fortress is watched over by a particularly nasty wyvern, which would spot him imediately should he get outside. But during an unusual bout of inspiration about half an hour ago, i finally managed to come up with a way to get him out safely... but has he been converted to the evil side ? ? ? We don't know that yet, and niether does he ! ! !

Posted on 7 May 2012 16:04:26 BDT
Yeah, empathy with that one, MTM.

I've got that problem with one strand of my current book too. So, I've just left it for now, and I'm writing the other characters for a bit. I'll come back to the worrysome one in a week or two.

Not much writing for me for a few days, I need to spend it on research.
Your reply to Will Macmillan Jones's post:
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)

[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  50
Total posts:  8253
Initial post:  16 Mar 2012
Latest post:  18 Sep 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 4 customers

Search Customer Discussions