Customer Discussions > Meet Our Authors discussion forum

FANTASY genre titles

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 351-375 of 955 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on 27 Jun 2012 15:03:22 BDT
P.L. Blair says:
Interesting ... I can see how that works.

In reply to an earlier post on 27 Jun 2012 15:06:33 BDT
P.L. Blair says:
It's probably more to do with my own writing - and reading - preferences. As a reader, I don't want to totally submerge myself in the story, and not "see" the writer's presence until after I close the book on the last page. For me, footnotes are a reminder that there is an author behind the scenes, and it distracts me.
But we're all different, as writers and as readers - which is why, as writers, we attract different audiences.

In reply to an earlier post on 27 Jun 2012 15:11:16 BDT
P.L. Blair says:
Liked and tweeted, Rondo K! I loved the sample!

In reply to an earlier post on 27 Jun 2012 15:11:49 BDT
P.L. Blair says:
On a horse of a different color ...

Posted on 28 Jun 2012 14:22:55 BDT
Gaspar The Thief

Gaspar The Thief is a new humorous fantasy adventure by British author, David A. Lindsay.

Follow the adventures of Gaspar, a freelance thief who stubbornly refuses to swear fealty to the Thieves' Guild.

Cursed with a special affinity for calamity and mishap, and a talent for snatching defeat from the brink of victory, our unlikely hero blunders from one misfortune to the next, yet somehow always manages to survive to tell the tale.

From a funeral ship to a poisonous seductress, from a goblin army to a mischievous wood-wight, Gaspar and his companions - Hubris, a spellbroker who similarly refuses to pay his dues to Wizards' Hall, and Marna, a feisty thiefess with a quick tongue and a quicker temper - stumble from adversity to catastrophe wherever they go!

Please visit the new website at www.highland.co.uk.

In reply to an earlier post on 28 Jun 2012 15:15:04 BDT
P.L. Blair says:
Liked & tweeted, David.

Posted on 2 Jul 2012 19:12:51 BDT
Alison Buck says:
Hello again everyone
Writers of Fantasy fiction, please promote your books here ;-)

Posted on 2 Jul 2012 19:32:47 BDT
Last edited by the author on 2 Jul 2012 19:37:56 BDT
Thanks for the opportunity, Allison. For your reading pleasure, introducing my line of fantasy tales all set in the magical world of Arva.

The Legend of Witch Bane-Middle Grade Fantasy novel written in the popular children's folktales. (Also available in paperback.)

The Blue Witch-Epic fantasy novella told in medieval style.

Pryde's Choice-Epic fantasy short story; a heroic tale of redemption and honor.

The Grey Elk-a classic fantasy tale of the birth of the magical guardian of the woods.

The Tale of Liril-a classical fairy tale adventure.

The Lay of Gilthol and Kiršral-a forbidden love tale of two fae lovers recited in epic verse.

The Fall of Ithar-Epic fantasy; tale of the legendary battle to save the last kingdom of men from the evil Shadow-Kings.

Posted on 4 Jul 2012 11:24:20 BDT
Kay says:
Is the Intruder a figment of Anna's imagination, a sexy green-eyed stranger seen in a trance during a party game, or is he something more sinister, gatecrashing her dreams for his own purpose?

A party game to end the evening. Turn out the lights, light the candles and in the shadows of the room let's play hypnosis. Anna fell under the spell immediately but it was no relaxing experience. The voice of the hypnotist faded and she was alone in a dark theatre with something out there hunting her.....
But out of the darkness music came, sending the shadows back. A stranger on the stage, dark hair and emerald eyes playing a melody just for her. Their eyes met and she tumbled back into the arms of friends, back to the party room.
It would all have been forgotten as a harmless party prank... except that Anna's world changed. Was it an after effect of the hypnosis that allowed her to read the feelings and thoughts of others? Did the hypnosis send one of the other guests over the edge, leading him to attack Anna a few days later?
If it was only hypnosis. How come Anna found herself in the same theatre a few months later, watching the same dark haired young man playing the same melody... just for her.

The Intruder (The Golden Soul)

Posted on 4 Jul 2012 16:53:19 BDT
Thanks Alison for this set up. I did find it all a bit confusing and got a rude awakening when I realized you couldn't self promote on the other forums...man did I get told:(
My new book out is called Afterlife saga Afterlife (Afterlife Saga)
It's a paranormal Romance with some big twists. I had a fantastic company do my front cover and website that do a really good author's package deal. So far it's been up a week and doing really well so fingers crossed it continues as it's a saga I started about 3 years ago and the first and second book being over 700 pages long it's been a long time coming. As working full time as a waitress didn't really help much lol
Check out my website at afterlifesaga.com and please anyone let me know what you think as would love any comments from other authors. Thanks and happy days :)

Posted on 5 Jul 2012 10:47:15 BDT
Gaspar The Thief

FREE KINDLE EBOOK TODAY AND TOMORROW FOR LAST TIME!

Gaspar The Thief is a new humorous fantasy adventure by British author, David A. Lindsay.

There's no reviews on Amazon yet, but it's received three 4 Star reviews at Goodreads, plus it's neither a short story nor a novella - it's a full-length novel of 126,000 words. Here's the blurb:

Follow the adventures of Gaspar, a freelance thief who stubbornly refuses to swear fealty to the Thieves' Guild.

Cursed with a special affinity for calamity and mishap, and a talent for snatching defeat from the brink of victory, our unlikely hero blunders from one misfortune to the next, yet somehow always manages to survive to tell the tale.

Gaspar and his companions - Hubris, a spellbroker who refuses to pay his dues to Wizards' Hall, and Marna, a feisty thiefess with a quick tongue and a quicker temper - possess an unlucky knack for converting adversity into catastrophe. From a funeral ship to a poisonous seductress, from a goblin army laying siege to an ancient border fortress to a mischievous wood-wight, there's no end to the trouble they get themselves into!

Posted on 6 Jul 2012 17:53:29 BDT
King And King To Be
Britain in the Dark Ages. But a Britain that has been forgotten by history. A Britain where elves, fairies and goblins still reside, feared and mistrusted by Men.

As a dark force threatens to conquer the kingdoms of Men they turn to the elves and a wizard for help. Together they seek for the one person who could save the Britain of the sixth century. A man called Arthur. A man who was born and lives in the twentieth century...

A startling first novel by J D Burke combines fantasy with half-familiar legend and a hero who struggles to accept the fate that he once thought was either a story or that belonged to someone else.

Posted on 8 Jul 2012 19:59:48 BDT
Alison Buck says:
Hello Kevis, Kay, Stephanie, David and John
Thanks all for posting here.
Hope your books are doing really well ;-)

Posted on 8 Jul 2012 22:25:19 BDT
I. Black says:
Noontide Owls A Fantasy for young and old: The Conquering Army of Shoog the Awesome has marched out of Ambamar after 100 years. But freedom does not bring peace. It is left to 14-year-old Maara and the two noble Trumpeters to try and stop the city from destroying itself and all the marvellous beings that inhabit its world.
Pen and ink drawings throughout.
I could not put it down... I really cannot wait for my son to read it. It was fantastic.
Anjali Mittal, children's book author

Posted on 9 Jul 2012 11:30:04 BDT
The Mystic Accountants (The Banned Underground)

Just when they thought that life had returned to normal after defeating the Dark Lord in the Lake District, Chris and Linda get a letter - followed by a knock on the door. Their friends are back, and they are in trouble - again.

In the mist haunted dwarf mansion, the Banned Underground have played another gig. But this time the feedback has blown apart the Throne of The Mountain King, and The Banned must replace it, on pain or, well, pain. But the junior Dark Lord wants his revenge on The Banned, if his Satnav doesn't prevent him from following the band.

Grizelda, off-white witch and occasional aunt to the teenagers, is rather busy with some mad monks who want to conquer the world, starting with Wales. Will Dai the Drinking Dragon help? Will the Tuatha stay out of the pub long enough to render assistance? If not, Jailhouse Rock looms for the Banned Underground...

Posted on 10 Jul 2012 13:13:31 BDT
Oldman Brook says:
Hello All

I just released my book 'The Wizard of Crescent Moon Mountain' last week in paperback and hardback formats (kindle version coming out in the next week or two).

Obviously, it's still early days but had a great 4 star review from The bookbag, headline quote is as follows: What a story this is! It's no exaggeration to say that whilst you're reading it you see it up on the big screen... splendid stuff! It's a book which will be shelved in the 'great fun' section and will stand repeated readings. You might find it shelved near The Hidden World: The Remarkable Adventures of Tom Scatterhorn by Henry Chancellor or Jack Flint and the Redthorn Sword by Joe Donnelly but we think that The Wizard of Crescent Moon Mountain will be read the most.

Back cover blurb states: Elven boys, Finn and Beezle, enter a time portal just before their race is wiped out by an otherworldly warrior and his goblin army. Travelling 3,000 years into the future and arriving in snow-filled lands, the boys are saved from the cold by two shape-shifters sent by Greybeard, the wizard of Crescent Moon Mountain.

Out of their time and depth, Finn and Beezle are enlisted to join Greybeard and his friends on a quest to save the world of Everlast from the very same otherworldly warrior. Seeing that Beezle has a talent for magic after an incident with his magical bear-headed staff, Greybeard begins to teach the little elf a few tricks. But a problem arises when Finn comes into possession of a magical weapon capable of defeating the warrior. Little does anyone know the weapon has a mind of its own and wants Beezle as its master...

Regards Oldman

Posted on 11 Jul 2012 15:53:18 BDT
Hello everyone, Thanks for the thread. The Land Of Draygehl Mah

Posted on 11 Jul 2012 20:54:28 BDT
Gaspar The Thief

Gaspar The Thief is a new humorous fantasy adventure by British author, David A. Lindsay. Just £.199 for Kindle, compared to £8.99 for the paperback!

There's no reviews on Amazon yet, but it's received three 4 Star reviews at Goodreads, plus it's neither a short story nor a novella - it's a full-length novel of 126,000 words. Here's the blurb:

Cursed with a special affinity for calamity and mishap, and a talent for snatching defeat from the brink of victory, our hero blunders from one misfortune to the next, yet somehow always manages to survive to tell the tale.

Accompanied by his long-suffering companions - Hubris, a spellbroker who refuses to pay his dues to Wizards' Hall, and Marna, a feisty thiefess with a quick tongue and a quicker temper - our unlikely hero encounters looming retribution and imminent catastrophe at every step.

From a sinister funeral ship to a scheming seductress; from a puzzling murder to a gang of merciless ship-wreckers; and from a goblin army laying siege to an ancient border fortress to a mischievous wood-wight with a penchant for table legs and floorboards, there's no end to the troubles he can find!

Told with an appealing mixture of seriousness and humour, this is an exciting romp based in a fantasy world where anything can, and usually does, happen!

Posted on 13 Jul 2012 09:09:08 BDT
The Mystic Accountants (The Banned Underground)

As reviewed by darkissreads website....

http://www.darkissreads.com/2012/07/mystic-accountants-banned-underground.html

Posted on 16 Jul 2012 13:54:35 BDT
Alison Buck says:
Hello Irene, Will, Oldman, Jackie and David
Thanks all for posting here.
Best of luck with all your books ;-)

In reply to an earlier post on 16 Jul 2012 16:08:35 BDT
Hi Oldman Brook. If you click "Insert a product link" you can include a link to your book - it's a lot easier for people just to click through, rather than searching for the title.

Like this:

The Wizard of Crescent Moon Mountain: Elven Resurrection

In reply to an earlier post on 16 Jul 2012 17:10:10 BDT
Mistral's Race into TimeI wonder if you could have a look at my book that has recently been put in Kindle by the publisher. It is all about a teenager called Chloé who has adventures in space and helps the fallons (a kind of space unicorn) to find the magical aurel necessary to save their planet. The little monk Grutz with his magical powers adds an unusual touch of comedy to the story.

Posted on 17 Jul 2012 13:53:15 BDT
Gaspar The Thief

Also at Smashwords for Kindle and other e-readers with 25% discount - https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/181519.

Cursed with a special affinity for calamity and mishap, and a talent for snatching defeat from the brink of victory, our hero blunders from one misfortune to the next, yet somehow always manages to survive to tell the tale.

Accompanied by his long-suffering companions - Hubris, a spellbroker who refuses to pay his dues to Wizards' Hall, and Marna, a feisty thiefess with a quick tongue and a quicker temper - our unlikely hero encounters looming retribution and imminent catastrophe at every step.

From a sinister funeral ship to a scheming seductress; from a puzzling murder to a gang of merciless ship-wreckers; and from a goblin army laying siege to an ancient border fortress to a mischievous wood-wight with a penchant for table legs and floorboards, there's no end to the troubles he can find!

Told with an appealing mixture of seriousness and humour, this is an exciting romp based in a fantasy world where anything can, and usually does, happen!

Posted on 17 Jul 2012 14:37:49 BDT
IC Camilleri says:
The Blake Curse
Hello
For anyone who is interested The Blake Curse is FREE to download for a couple of days only. Grab your chances. It's a psychological thriller with a hint of romance set in Cambridge. Here's the blurb.

Ben Blake, an eighteen year old British Intelligence agent brimming with gifts; intellectual genius, striking appearance, impeccable acting skills and a heightened sixth sense... gifts that all guarantee the success of his first undercover assignment. He effortlessly infiltrates university life in Cambridge and befriends Cathy, the daughter of billionaire Edward Carter, one of the most influential and politically secure titans of the time.

Samantha Black, known as the elusive and exquisitely petite Sam. She rises from the ashes and battles her dark legacy. Her cryptic past and deep secrets become firmly intertwined with Ben's investigations, shredding his carefully thought out plan to bits.

Jake Snell, the young rugged Earl of Yorkley, the enigma, the rogue full of vices....but possessing abundant resourcefulness, creativity and determination. He is Ben's only lifeline in this treacherous game.

The Blake Curse is all about heartrending choices, fast paced suspense and that faith in the thread of human goodness.

Posted on 19 Jul 2012 16:42:58 BDT
Winterwelt says:
Hi all :o)

Winterland (Winterland Trilogy Book 1)

When those who love each other keep their distance and pointed ears can give you a scare, when you're a stranger in your home and even your own land is no longer familiar to you, when butterflies whisper to you and snow angels ask you to dance, the boundaries between this world and the next become blurred, and you find yourself stuck somewhere in between . . .

When Arrow is woken up in the middle of the night by her father asking her to accompany him into the forbidden forest she initially thinks this to be a bad joke. However, as the gateway to paradise opens before her very eyes she cannot help but be awestruck. For all the secret and forbidden stories of the other world and its inhabitants turn out to be true. The new surroundings are exciting, however Arrow must soon learn that beside the warmth lies the cold and that winter can be even more merciless if you wake up one morning and suddenly no longer know who you are.

Winterland is a story full of fantasy that whisks the reader away into a world full of magic, adventure, and mythical creatures, where alongside elves, dwarfs, and the search for a missing father love also plays a lead role. This book is the first of a trilogy and is recommended for young readers from 12 years of age.
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Meet Our Authors discussion forum

This discussion

Participants:  154
Total posts:  955
Initial post:  14 Dec 2011
Latest post:  6 days ago

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 15 customers

Search Customer Discussions