Customer Discussions > kindle discussion forum

adobe flash player in kindle fire hd??

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 156 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 26 Oct 2012 16:37:57 BDT
T. Ahmed says:
I am having problem with flash player downloading.When i am trying to watch one of my interactive video lecture,its not playing!! please advice me?

Posted on 26 Oct 2012 22:33:16 BDT
Last edited by the author on 26 Oct 2012 22:40:16 BDT
me as well. i so disapointed the there is not even a user manual included with the kindle. i have to go and look for everything. it seems like amazon care more about its customers buying products from them, than giving customers support. should have bought an ipad.

Posted on 26 Oct 2012 22:38:34 BDT
CBRetriever says:
it's on the kindle - swipe down from the top hit the more and then click on the help and feedback and it's under there

Posted on 27 Oct 2012 22:10:40 BDT
N. Sookia says:
I have found the adobe but the application is not running, any ideas?

Posted on 28 Oct 2012 07:42:46 GMT
ChrisJ says:
There is no Flash player for the Kindle Fire.
There is no Flash player for many of the new phones.
The sooner the websites that use Flash realise how many people are having problems, the sooner they will update their sites to a modern capability... Write to the websites! They nearly all have a contact us button.

In reply to an earlier post on 29 Oct 2012 15:01:07 GMT
Last edited by the author on 29 Oct 2012 15:31:50 GMT
I've just got paper white best for long reading. I have limited budget,but the price for Kindle Fire HD is good, was even considering iPad mini but its too expensive for the ultra small format device. iPad best at full size for portable work and a laptop for serious study, Kindle app great on that. For an extra device you don't need all the apps and Kindle's own app for reading books in colour and web browsing is great. But an added bonus of Kindle Fire over iPad mini is it appears it may be able to play flash videos, whereas on You Tube and some websites iPad won't play. Also Kindle Fire HD has a higher resolution screen and much larger storage than iPad mini, for equivalent storage its about half the price.

Adobe provide how to turn it on, seems its off by default but its easy to turn on.
http://forums.adobe.com/thread/959025

Sure makes kindle fire tempting and being a lot cheaper means not as worried when using it or having to fork out expensive product insurance which makes it unaffordable in first place.

Amended info, after reading reply to post, relating to a change to not including flash player, based on information flash player is no longer included on any mobile devices. It seems it may still be possible as explained in the links below by using different mobile browsers or apps. http://blogs.adobe.com/conversations/2011/11/flash-focus.html
http://kindleworld.blogspot.co.uk/2012/10/kindle-fire-hd-tips-flash-video-player.html

In reply to an earlier post on 29 Oct 2012 15:06:26 GMT
CBRetriever says:
read the post above yours - the ones on sale in the UK do not use Flash player - it's just the ones sold before September 2012 that had flash player

In reply to an earlier post on 29 Oct 2012 15:18:03 GMT
Last edited by the author on 29 Oct 2012 15:27:38 GMT
Thanks, I was surprised at the change that only recently came in. It seems the industry is stopping support for flash player on all portable devices However it seems they do allow it on apps and Adobe air. I haven't got a Kindle Fire yet, but the following appears to explain it and how some mobile browsers can still be flash enabled, as well as apps that can support playback of flash video. Came across the following that may be useful for new Kindle fire owners and those considering it for playing You Tube.

http://blogs.adobe.com/conversations/2011/11/flash-focus.html
http://kindleworld.blogspot.co.uk/2012/10/kindle-fire-hd-tips-flash-video-player.html

In reply to an earlier post on 29 Oct 2012 15:30:21 GMT
CBRetriever says:
it's not the industry, it's Adobe

In reply to an earlier post on 29 Oct 2012 15:38:08 GMT
Adobe say they are not supporting flash player on mobile devices, but maybe due to the long argument between Apple not enabling it and how they dominate the market. Apple products have been innovative, but they obviously use means to try to tie customers and their products are always more expensive at a time when many more people are poor, including students, with loans now going astronomical and no guarantees of any decent jobs to pay for it all. Also not good the way they exploit cheap labour in China, then again similar may be said for all big corporations. HTML5 is taking over anyway, but there's still a lot of videos that need a browser that can use flash and Adobe are continuing with flash on pcs and laptops.

In reply to an earlier post on 31 Oct 2012 17:35:48 GMT
Mary says:
im having same problem v disappointed wit the device and also wish i had got theipaad! i really wanted to watch itv player but cannot as cant get flash amazon should have advised re this

Posted on 31 Oct 2012 18:23:03 GMT
ChrisJ says:
I don't believe that flash works on the latest ipads... Afaik

In reply to an earlier post on 31 Oct 2012 18:54:45 GMT
Denis Powell says:
Mary, Flash is licensed by Adobe and they announced earlier this year that they were not going to develop it for future versions of Android and would not be selling new licenses. That means it won't be available for iPads or new Android tablets like the latest Nexus.

It's now up to the content providers like ITV to provide new apps for Android devices that doesn't require Flash, although whether they do and when is an unknown. The BBC have only recently released a new app for iPad and, more recently, Android.

In reply to an earlier post on 31 Oct 2012 19:05:22 GMT
Last edited by the author on 31 Oct 2012 19:06:47 GMT
Maybe I should amend above then, but in order to keep conversation going can leave it, but get your point, which is useful.
I haven't got a Kindle fire HD. I've got a standard kindle, Kindle app & on laptop, recently Kindle paper white so can read, although showing illumination patches at bottom of page, does provide even illumination on main part of page and is ideal for soft lighting for long reading, which is the advantage over a tablet. Of course it's black and white, but more like ink on paper, so good for study minimum eye strain for people that read a lot.
Seems Adobe are only going to provide flash for PCs/laptops or any devices running full Windows 8.
Maybe instead of getting tablets with separate keyboards people will need to get laptops with built in keyboards. Even iPads aren't what the advertisers say you need a laptop, PC or Mac for serious work. Kindle reader is handy for portable books though as its lightweight, enables carrying books easily and is not as expensive as tablets so no worries about damaging it, but can just get into reading.

In reply to an earlier post on 1 Nov 2012 08:29:44 GMT
J. Knowles says:
unfortunately this does not work for the Fire HD as it doesnt show flash player, any ideas?

Posted on 1 Nov 2012 09:19:09 GMT
Vaughan says:
Boy, Amazon need to put a sticky on this topic!

The Kindle Fire HD supports Flash. The default browser that ships with it does not. You need to download a different browser, such as Dolphin. Do a search of these forums and there are step by step instructions (sorry, I don't have a link myself).

People who say they wish they'd bought an iPad - the iPad doesn't ship with Flash either.......

In reply to an earlier post on 1 Nov 2012 10:59:50 GMT
J. Knowles says:
thanks will try it

Posted on 3 Nov 2012 00:13:30 GMT
AKC says:
I installed Dolphin and was able to view flash videos but the next day it stopped working.. just a spinning Icon, no video. I have complete buyer's remorse but I realise it is my own fault for assuming amazon would provide a good product. Expected the best of both worlds, good kindle reader interface with android. I got neither. The Kindle interface is the basic android app; the amazon app store is no set up forUK. Thoroughly disappointed. I would like amazon to show some concern. So far I have seen none, and there's noway they would make this thread a sticky as another poster suggested.

In reply to an earlier post on 3 Nov 2012 09:09:06 GMT
W. Whitley says:
Spot on on yout comments

In reply to an earlier post on 5 Nov 2012 12:29:29 GMT
Last edited by the author on 5 Nov 2012 12:30:30 GMT
Lewlew says:
Are you opening Dolphin, then going to Google to access your flash content? I can see Flash content on websites no problem. I can also get YouTube through Google now as well. But you can't just save to favourites or else I think it saves them in Silk. The Dolphin browser lets you add favourite sites and they seem to keep working for me....so far...fingers crossed. My only puzzle is how to reduce the Dolphin window so I can open a book or document to read whilst listening to an internet radio station which I can do on its own.

Posted on 5 Nov 2012 18:46:25 GMT
AKC says:
Yes, that's what I'm doing... I'm not using favourites. It just gets stuck with the spinning circle. Now both Dolphin and Silk get stuck when I try to play videos on youtube. It was working with Dolphin for a while.

In reply to an earlier post on 5 Nov 2012 22:48:04 GMT
u do not need flash for iplayer

Posted on 6 Nov 2012 01:58:35 GMT
Last edited by the author on 6 Nov 2012 02:08:32 GMT
Iain Smith says:
is there another piece of software other than flash that would let you watch the same videos, or does it have to be specifically flash player?

edit-just watched a video on youtube without having flash installed and using the default browser.Maybe it's been updated

Posted on 6 Nov 2012 07:51:30 GMT
AKC says:
Youtube is working for me now too, through Silk (didn't try dolphin but assume that's working now too). Hurrah! I suspect it is something that has been changed on youtube rather than Kindle Fire, as my news apps still say flash needs to be installed (a major downfall of the device for me).

In reply to an earlier post on 8 Nov 2012 20:40:46 GMT
Kindle DLFQ says:
is it working for you on a 2nd generation fire hd?
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the kindle discussion forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Announcement
NEWS: Kindle Paperwhite Previous Generation Software Update Version 5.4.4
242 11 hours ago
Announcement
NEWS: Kindle Paperwhite Software Update Version 5.4.3
185 26 days ago
Announcement
Kindle Paperwhite Software Update Version 5.4.2
359 26 days ago
Announcement
Kindle Paperwhite (Previous Generation) Software Update Version 5.3.9
58 3 days ago
Announcement
Introducing the all-new Kindle Fire HDX Tablets
545 8 days ago
Announcement
The all-new Kindle Paperwhite - the ultimate device for reading!
1016 1 day ago
Announcement
NEWS: Kindle Touch Software Update Version 5.3.7
87 10 days ago
Announcement
NEWS: Kindle Paperwhite Update Version 5.3.6
101 25 Apr 2014
Announcement
New Kindle Help Forum Now Available
0 5 Jun 2013
Announcement
NEWS: Kindle Paperwhite Update version 5.3.5
62 6 Aug 2013
Announcement
Important Announcement from Amazon
693 3 Aug 2013
Would this ban include Kindles too ? 18 1 hour ago

More Customer Discussions

Most active community forums
Most active product forums

Amazon forums

This discussion

Discussion in:  kindle discussion forum
Participants:  64
Total posts:  156
Initial post:  26 Oct 2012
Latest post:  18 Dec 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 33 customers

Search Customer Discussions