Customer Discussions > kindle discussion forum

kindle repair

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 545 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 25 Oct 2010 19:30:48 BDT
where can I get my kindle repaired the screen is faulty

Posted on 25 Oct 2010 19:38:27 BDT
Dennyboy says:
If this is a serious question Customer Services @ Amazon, seems quite an obvious thing to me though

Posted on 25 Oct 2010 19:45:32 BDT
Adrian Black says:
Dennyboy is right - Amazon don't sell it through stores (or very very few) so it would be a return, repair - or return replacement via Amazon.
(I hear they are quite good about things like that - it is after all their pride and joy - so they are trying to keep bad press to a minimum)

Posted on 25 Oct 2010 19:48:47 BDT
Dennyboy says:
I just thought its too obvious a question???.......Amazon make it, Amazon Market it, Amazon distribute it...It has an Amazon trademark on the top of the unit.

Posted on 25 Oct 2010 20:13:02 BDT
Chookgate says:
What's the fault? Is the backlight not working?

Posted on 25 Oct 2010 20:14:47 BDT
Dennyboy says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

Posted on 26 Oct 2010 07:26:37 BDT
Nookiebear says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on 26 Oct 2010 17:48:07 BDT
Hi
I have looked around the amazon site and I cannot find any help to return a faulty kindle for repair and return. I dropped it and the now have only half screen resolution

In reply to an earlier post on 26 Oct 2010 17:50:52 BDT
Hi
I have looked around the amazon site and I cannot find any help to return a faulty kindle for repair and return. I dropped it and the now have only half screen resolution

In reply to an earlier post on 26 Oct 2010 17:50:58 BDT
Victoria says:
Just email or call customer services.

Posted on 26 Oct 2010 18:03:57 BDT
Last edited by the author on 26 Oct 2010 18:09:44 BDT
Dennyboy says:
Go to Help>Customer service

edit help at bottom of most if not all screens within Amazon

In reply to an earlier post on 5 Feb 2011 09:56:18 GMT
Its very easy to find the help for your kindle needs, just look in the help section, then go to contact us tab, from their you can choose what the problem is with the Kindle, then tell them more in the box provided.

Very simple to find.

Posted on 5 Feb 2011 10:15:37 GMT
Lisa says:
I believe some people have even had a replacement before they sent the damaged one back. Not sure if they are still doing this.

Posted on 19 Feb 2011 09:34:10 GMT
arbee says:
I've had my kindle for around five month and I've never had any problems with it untill a couple days ago. I tried to power it up and the screen when crazy. It looks like the screen is cracked diagonally, though it can't be as I haven't knocked it, bumped it, dropped it or dropped anything on it nor do I travel around with with it and I keep it in its hard case. After reading all these resposes, I'm starting to wonder whether this is a softwear or design fault. I would have paid cash for a new one but I think I'll have a look around at the various options first. If I pay 111 for a device I want atleast 3 years use from it. It shouldn't be conking out after a couple months of light usage!

And surely finding out about repair should be as difficult at this.

Posted on 19 Feb 2011 09:41:30 GMT

Posted on 19 Feb 2011 09:46:20 GMT
Colin says:

In reply to an earlier post on 19 Feb 2011 09:54:00 GMT

In reply to an earlier post on 19 Feb 2011 09:59:09 GMT
R. T. Rand says:
I had my Kindle replaced on Tuesday - and have just arranged DHL to collect the old one - all prepaid. The on/off button was sticking a little. Amazon couldn't have been more efficient or helpful. The original was bought in October - 109.00.

Posted on 19 Feb 2011 10:21:11 GMT
my first kindle was faulty, got in touch with amazon support and response was fantastic . recieved new kindle within 24 hours and returned original . only problem is it's so damned addictive i can't put it down.

Posted on 19 Feb 2011 10:24:40 GMT
I got my Kindle for Christmas and just last week the screen froze. I contacted customer service over e-mail via the website. Within 2 minutes they had called the number on my account. Not realising they would be some quick I was out, but I received an e-mail asking me to let them know, again via the website, when would be convenient. Later that evening, this was Saturday around 7pm, Amazon called me back on the mobile number I had given them. The Customer Service rep took me through some basic questions then transferred me to a technical department. I was then asked to try a reset, which I had done after reading the advice online. He then explained it sounded like a damaged screen and as my Kindle was within warranty it would be replaced. I though he meant the screen, but he explained that Amazon would sent me a new Kindle, which arrived Tuesday, and that they would e-mail me a postage label to return the old one. I could also arrange with DHL to have the parcel picked up from me rather than going to a post office. The rep had also added the new kindle to my account so I just had to select redeliver to... on my previous purchases. All in all I was very impressed with the service and if your Kindle is still in warranty please take advantage of Amazon's service. - and sorry for the length, guess I am gushing a little!

In reply to an earlier post on 19 Feb 2011 13:15:31 GMT
Damaskcat says:
It isn't difficult - there are contact details on the quick start guide that came in the box with your Kindle and if you go to manage your Kindle on your Amazon account you will see how to contact Amazon. It is no more difficult to find than it is to use a Kindle.

Posted on 24 Feb 2011 12:07:19 GMT
Lisa Logie says:
Thanks to advice above I have just phoned Amazon re damaged kindle. New kindle is on its way and I have to return damaged one within 30 days. They couldnt have been more helpful.

In reply to an earlier post on 1 Mar 2011 14:54:49 GMT
yes i had my replacement after phoning amazon yesterday it came this morning extremely good sevice. you have 30 days to return damaged kindle they are collecting mine on thursday!

Posted on 6 May 2011 16:33:20 BDT
Andrew Lim says:
From start to finish it was an excellent service.. I put my phone number in and pressed call me, they instantly called me, I was talking to a rep within 2 minutes. She arranged for a DHL replacement delivery and collection of the old one.
Top dog.
Andy

In reply to an earlier post on 6 May 2011 18:35:12 BDT
Princess says:
There is no need for that. He/she probably just miscalculated how long ago they bought their Kindle. Why do some people on this forum say people are trolls or aren't genuine just because they say something that they don't like or isn't as fabulous as some on this forum think they are. Jeez, I'm surprised people bother coming back to this site.
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 22 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the kindle discussion forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Announcement
NEWS: Kindle Paperwhite Previous Generation Software Update Version 5.4.4
242 1 day ago
Announcement
NEWS: Kindle Paperwhite Software Update Version 5.4.3
185 27 days ago
Announcement
Kindle Paperwhite Software Update Version 5.4.2
359 27 days ago
Announcement
Kindle Paperwhite (Previous Generation) Software Update Version 5.3.9
58 4 days ago
Announcement
Introducing the all-new Kindle Fire HDX Tablets
545 9 days ago
Announcement
The all-new Kindle Paperwhite - the ultimate device for reading!
1016 2 days ago
Announcement
NEWS: Kindle Touch Software Update Version 5.3.7
87 10 days ago
Announcement
NEWS: Kindle Paperwhite Update Version 5.3.6
101 25 Apr 2014
Announcement
New Kindle Help Forum Now Available
0 5 Jun 2013
Announcement
NEWS: Kindle Paperwhite Update version 5.3.5
62 6 Aug 2013
Announcement
Important Announcement from Amazon
693 3 Aug 2013
Would this ban include Kindles too ? 20 12 minutes ago

More Customer Discussions

Most active community forums
Most active product forums

Amazon forums

This discussion

Discussion in:  kindle discussion forum
Participants:  173
Total posts:  545
Initial post:  25 Oct 2010
Latest post:  2 days ago

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 29 customers

Search Customer Discussions