Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop All Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now DIYED Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Oasis Listen with Prime Learn more Shop now
Customer Discussions > kindle discussion forum

Returning a damaged kindle using YODEL

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 77 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on 28 Mar 2013 15:49:35 GMT
Denis Powell says:
If Amazon has asked you to return it they will have emailed you with full instructions. That will have contained a link to the documents you need to print out, including the return label.

In reply to an earlier post on 28 Mar 2013 15:47:03 GMT
Damaskcat says:
Amazon usually e-mail you a return label to print off which you then stick on your package. If you haven't got that you need to contact them. There is no need to shout!

Posted on 28 Mar 2013 15:45:25 GMT
Mr. I. Noble says:
yes ok but WHAT ADDRESS DO YOU SEND IT TO!?

In reply to an earlier post on 17 Feb 2013 00:53:48 GMT
Flaneur says:
Amazon's loss, actually. Yodel's well-deserved reputation will lose sales and valuable revenue for Amazon.

Posted on 9 Jan 2013 18:21:14 GMT
C. Swan says:
yodel are a nightmare. im on my 3rd kindle. god bless amazon for replacing them but this is what happened last time (copy of email to yodel complaining) "i arranged a collection last monday night for wednesday. i waited in all day wednesday and no driver turned up. i emailed this address on wed night and no reply. i tried to rearrange collection on thursday night and was told i could not and to email this address. i did and got no reply. i called on friday night and was told i had cancelled the collection and one was remade for my work on monday. and no driver turned up.

I have just called yodel and have been told the collection was unsucessful. i work in a shop so there is no reason why the driver could not have gained access etc.

I have been told i now need to email this address to ask for a new collection"

i had to ask the driver as we used yodel anyway in my work if he would take it as no one had turned up for it and it wasnt on his sheet but he took it for me. this time again requested it on sunday night, no confirmation, sent an email at 9.30 asking if it was getting collected today, no reply so called at midday was told yes it was due for collection today and the driver had accepted the collection request. got an email at 5.50 replying to my email at 9.30am telling me they couldnt confirm a time. i replied saying if you read my email i just wanted to know if anyone was picking it up today not a time. got a reply 2 mins later saying sorry for the failed collection its now booked for friday. when im at work! so ive sent a nasty email back telling them my thoughts and asking them to collect form my work again. so we'll see how it goes. may need to go down the royal mail route.

In reply to an earlier post on 6 Jan 2013 09:42:42 GMT
Damaskcat says:
I've found that YODEL are less reliable for collections than they are for deliveries. With deliveries I almost always have a problem and Amazon have to re-arrange it for me but deliveries are almost 100% reliable.

In reply to an earlier post on 6 Jan 2013 09:30:34 GMT
I agree with Damascat, I too have had no problems with yodel deliveries, up to now. However I have occasion to return a Kindle fire to Amazon and booked a Yodel collection on the 29th Dec. for the 4th Jan. Yodel failed to collect. I contacted Yodel who merely said they would investigate.
In the meantime I contacted Amazon who arranged collection on Monday by UPS. Thanks Amazon.

Posted on 29 Nov 2012 13:13:06 GMT
Last edited by the author on 29 Nov 2012 13:18:18 GMT
Jo says:
Last time I had to send a Kindle back Yodel failed to turn up so I sent it back registered post next day delivery and Amazon refunded me the postage.

In reply to an earlier post on 27 Nov 2012 19:52:24 GMT
Miss H. says:
SAME BOAT

I bought an expensive item from amazon which turned out to be to small and was lead down the path to use YODEL to collect my returns.
I did all i was meant to do in respect of printing off the returns labels etc and confirmed my collection date for 27th/11/2012. I requested the day off work as YODEL does not do time slots and waited home and waited and waited and guess what.......waited until 4pm when i decided to send an email. The email consisted of me asking why the collection had not taken place, me having to take time off work, and what the next step was. The reply from the customer service team was to have the collection the next day, neither the reason why nobody turned up to collect my return or no time slot due to their inconvenience was mentioned. I replied that i could not do the date requested as i needed to be back in work. I requested again why was i not called or emailed to say the collection was not happening. Their reply was we dont get involved in that dept. So i requested another day 04/12/12 and again told them i was not happy with their response as i was complaining. I received an email confirming my request for the new collection date but again told nothing about the reason why nobody bothered to collect my return in the first instance. So at this time i am left with my package to go back to amazon and no explanation of their incompetence.
As much as i like amazon i am prepared to give amazon a wide birth if they continue to use this dreadful company and use their competitor so long as they themselves dont use YODEL.
Disgruntled customer. Your collection reference number is: 7507882.1

In reply to an earlier post on 27 Nov 2012 15:16:41 GMT
Thank you, yodel still not come, so will be phoning amazon tomorrow and will ask if I can send it back using collectplus. There's a few places around here I could take it to.

Amazon really need to get rid of yodel, amazon I think are amazing, but yodel are letting them down badly.

Posted on 27 Nov 2012 12:33:46 GMT
Last edited by the author on 27 Nov 2012 12:50:44 GMT
K. A. Newton says:
When I sent a Kindle Keyboard back a couple of months ago Amazon gave me a link for a special label that my daughter printed for me as I have no printer at the moment. I had to go on the Collect+ website and enter my postcode and found that one of their collection points was a Martins' newsagents within walking distance of my home (even with my walking stick). Easy Peasy.

Why aren't Amazon using this service for Kindle Fires. ?

This is the website so you can check if there is a collection place near you but you'd need the special label from Amazon.

http://www.collectplus.co.uk/asos

In reply to an earlier post on 27 Nov 2012 12:29:25 GMT
Last edited by the author on 27 Nov 2012 12:34:34 GMT
K. A. Newton says:
Please don't blame Amazon. I cannot understand why they use Yodel.

I rang Amazon once about an item that did not appear - the driver had said he had left it in my porch (I don't have a porch) he had said no answer to knock (double glazing means you don't light knocks and why didn't he use the door bell) driver had said no bell (Yes I do have a loud bell).

Amazon said they would send me replacement luckily by a different delivery service.

Posted on 27 Nov 2012 11:06:03 GMT
I'm too waiting for yodel to pick up a not working kindle, they were supposed to come last tuesday, and friday, no shows, no waiting for the third time, and if they do not show up today, I am going to phone up amazon because I am fed up with having to stay in when they don't even bother to come. The kindle needs sending back, but if yodel aren't going to come, then amazon are going to have to sort out something else. Really bad service.

Posted on 27 Nov 2012 10:51:19 GMT
Just trying to arrange for my Kindle to be picked up after 3 no shows. Got the Usual e-mail from Amazon threatening to charge me for the new kindle. The customer service I have encountered from Yodel has been nothing short of a disgrace!

Posted on 21 Nov 2012 16:03:40 GMT
PMJ Barratt says:
I have waited in all day for a pre-arranged pick up of a faulty Kindle by Yodel. No show yet. It's so infuriating and time wasting. Why do Amazon use this company? Their collections used to be fine. Have tried to trace my pick up on Yodel's website. Absolute rubbish. Untraceable.

Posted on 24 Oct 2012 19:00:56 BDT
oldcelt says:
When I returned my KK a few weeks ago Amazon directed me to Connect+. Was a bit nervous as they have some bad reviews online, but it had the advantage of my being able to take it to a local shop, from where it is picked up by their courier. Meant not having to wait in all day! Arrived back at Amazon a few days later.

In reply to an earlier post on 24 Oct 2012 18:47:32 BDT
P Phillips says:
x

In reply to an earlier post on 24 Oct 2012 18:47:07 BDT
P Phillips says:
hi what address did you use to send it back?

In reply to an earlier post on 29 Jun 2012 22:01:23 BDT
Last edited by the author on 29 Jun 2012 22:01:50 BDT
Bookie says:
Ask Amazon what to do. They have designated the agent to collect the item. If their agent fails, that's not your problem. I had a prob with a faulty K3, butYodel turned up. When they said they would and collected. If they don't, put the problem back to Amazon and request a different carrier, maybe a Royal mail returns sticker, which is hat they used to use. Don't get directly involved with Yodel. Remember they ar third party agents and you have no contract with them.

In reply to an earlier post on 29 Jun 2012 20:37:57 BDT
Andrew Mac says:
I have the same problem. How did you go about returning it registered mail?

Posted on 20 Jun 2012 20:20:58 BDT
Iliasmav says:
I have had 7 failed collection appointments to return my damaged Kindle to Amazon. Each time I e mailed Yodel I was given another collection date, but they just never turned up nor offered any explanation why not. I don't know who owns this business but if this is a general mark of their efficiency they won't be around very long!
I am now returning the Kindle to Amazon by registered mail.

Amazon....cease using these people , they are useless!

In reply to an earlier post on 3 Mar 2012 06:35:37 GMT
thingummijig says:
I went to their website and submitted a complaint. They responded quite quickly and then did get round to the pickup on the new schedule. Think I didn't get a tracking number until Amazon included the reference when they threatened to bill me for the replacement kindle as they hadn't received the original. (They instantly rescinded that and offered to pay for Royal Mail process when I wrote back and explained).

In reply to an earlier post on 2 Mar 2012 12:52:21 GMT
thingummijig says:
I went to their website and submitted a complaint. They responded quite quickly and then did get round to the pickup on the new schedule. Think I didn't get a tracking number until Amazon included the reference when they threatened to bill me for the replacement kindle as they hadn't received the original. (They instantly rescinded that and offered to pay for Royal Mail process when I wrote back and explained).

In reply to an earlier post on 2 Mar 2012 10:31:40 GMT
stormincat says:
I have sent two broken Kindles back to Amazon myself. Did not use Yodel, would not trust them to pick up and deliver. I sent back using Royal Mail - Recorded Delivery First Class. Amazon e-mailed me a couple of days later to say they had received. The cost was £3.25 per Kindle - well worth it for peace of mind and no real hassle. I understand Amazon will refund you postage if you ask, I did not as I was more than happy to get my replacement.

Posted on 2 Mar 2012 09:46:05 GMT
LRF says:
My damaged kindle still hasn't been picked up- it was supposed to be collected on monday. How do i find out what's happened?
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the kindle discussion forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Announcement
Software Update for Kindle Paperwhite, Kindle Voyage and £59 Kindle.
310 9 days ago
Announcement
Introducing the all-new Fire HD 6 and 7 and Fire HDX 8.9!
545 8 days ago
Announcement
Amazon Introduces Two All-New Kindles
307 3 Feb 2016
Announcement
NEWS: Kindle Paperwhite Software Update 5.4.5
135 10 Apr 2016
Announcement
NEWS: Kindle Paperwhite Previous Generation Software Update Version 5.4.4
288 23 Mar 2016
Announcement
NEWS: Kindle Paperwhite Software Update Version 5.4.3
192 23 Mar 2016
Announcement
Kindle Paperwhite Software Update Version 5.4.2
363 23 Mar 2016
Announcement
Kindle Paperwhite (Previous Generation) Software Update Version 5.3.9
65 24 Mar 2016
Announcement
NEWS: Kindle Touch Software Update Version 5.3.7
95 23 Mar 2016
Announcement
NEWS: Kindle Paperwhite Update Version 5.3.6
134 26 Mar 2016
Announcement
New Kindle Help Forum Now Available
0 5 Jun 2013
Announcement
Important Announcement from Amazon
698 18 Mar 2016

This discussion

Discussion in:  kindle discussion forum
Participants:  40
Total posts:  77
Initial post:  31 Aug 2011
Latest post:  28 Mar 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 7 customers

Search Customer Discussions