Shop now Shop now Shop now  Up to 70% Off Fashion  Shop all Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Shop now Shop now Shop now
Customer Discussions > kindle discussion forum

* * * FREE Kindle Books - Tuesday 22 July 2014 * * *

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-17 of 17 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 22 Jul 2014 09:01:57 BDT
Last edited by the author on 22 Jul 2014 09:04:30 BDT
A Pedigree To Die For (A Melanie Travis Mystery)
Melanie' Travis's life is going to the dogs. With school out for the summer, a stint as a camp counselor falling through, and her sometime boyfriend dumping her for a Las Vegas chorus girl, the thirty-something Connecticut teacher and single mother figures that things can't get any worse.
She figures wrong...Everyone knew that Melanie's Uncle Max had a weak heart. When Aunt Peg finds him dead on the cold floor of their championship kennel, surrounded by eleven whining, prize-winning Standard poodles, she isn't shocked...and doesn't panic. But Melanie is surprised when, three days after the funeral, Peg shows up seeking her help. One of her prize pooches is missing -- and it's beginning to look like Max's sudden demise is more a matter of... murder.

In High Places
For Patrick Nolan, every climb tells a story. And now maybe it's his own .... He's right at the rim, staring over the cliff's knife edge and wondering how things went wrong so quickly. It all started after arriving home from a weekend climbing trip with his father, Kevin. That's when word reached them. In a silent moment, they'd lost the person most important to them--her death raising unanswerable questions and dangerous doubts. Launching a new life in a new town to escape their pain, son and father find themselves in danger of being torn apart forever. As his father seeks a route to solace on the dangerous high face of the rock, Patrick finds a path to hope with the unlikeliest of allies--a pastor's daughter. Together they must discover the one answer that can bring Patrick and Kevin back from the brink of the precipice

Posted on 22 Jul 2014 09:25:40 BDT
Last edited by the author on 22 Jul 2014 09:26:44 BDT
The Battle for the Rhine 1944: Arnhem and the Ardennes, the Campaign in Europe - 339 pp
In this masterly account of the 1944 post-Normandy campaign, Robin Neillands tells us what really happened in the long-drawn-out and costly struggle for the Rhine.

Our Canterbury Memories: The holiday to start all holidays - 56pp
This is my diary of what me and my family did in Canterbury during the 8 days, this is a very exciting book, which is telling you what you can do in Canterbury. In the book, Find out why Grandma had to change her outfit 3 times! Find out why Laurence pulled a strange face in the University, and why there was such a startling bang in the garden late one night!!

Posted on 22 Jul 2014 09:40:26 BDT
Last edited by the author on 22 Jul 2014 09:59:32 BDT
Richard Revisited: A Novel about Shakespeare and Richard III
For centuries Richard III counted as the villainous murderer of his young cousins and usurper of his brother's throne. But how much of this reputation was born of the facts, and how much resulted from political urgency of the Tudors? Within the frame of the recent discovery of the king's skeleton in Leicester, Richard Revisited offers a poignant image of three inquisitive minds caught up in an age-old struggle. The statesman Thomas More, Master of the Revels George Buc, and lastly Jennifer Simpson, witness in the Trial of Richard III broadcast in 1984. In their efforts to be true to themselves each risks either humiliation or loss of integrity. Unfolding the action, this controversial novel questions the sources Shakespeare used while writing his famous history-play about the last Plantagenet king. To what extent did the dramatist falsify the facts?

A Rip Through Time: The Dame, the Doctor, and the Device
Dr. Robert Berlin has created The Baryon Core, a powerful device with the ability to predict the future and retrodict the past by tracking the position and vector of every particle in the universe. Berlin swipes his own creation from The Company and disappears into history. The Company's time-cop Simon Rip and the sexy, brilliant Dr. Serena Ludwig join together to track Berlin and return the device. Their pursuit will take them back to the ice age and forward to the end of time.

Fred's Diary 1981: Travels in Asia
Take this unique opportunity to absorb yourself in Fred's daily memoirs, which detail the 158 days he spent travelling around Asia.

How To Concentrate Like Einstein: The Lazy Student's Way to Instantly Improve Memory & Grades with the Doctor Vittoz Secret Concentration Technique.
A paradise for the student - as lazy as he is- who wants to ace his exams and improve his memory, and an incredible opportunity for anyone who wants to finally change his life for the best.

Green Clean Your Oven: 4 Easy Ways to Clean Your Oven Without Using Toxic Chemicals

Posted on 22 Jul 2014 09:59:01 BDT
Tales of a Poor Poge
Spanning over 50 years of artistic expression, this is the definitive collective work of the American poet, Richard Palmer. Love, war, friendship, betrayal, loneliness and isolation are forged within the crucible of the inner self. Two plays on the Vietnam War carries the reader on a journey into the heart of war and the suffering it brings to those whose misfortune it is to live through its horror. Never before published, these plays speak of a past history that is still relevant today.

Sinful Folk: FIRE: (includes Book 1)
PART 1 of the Best-selling Historical Novel: In December of 1377, four children were burned to death in a house fire. Villagers traveled hundreds of miles across England to demand justice for their children's deaths.

The Diary of Bernard Sigme
When Bernard accepts a hundred pound bet that he can get a girlfriend in one month things get tricky.
I mean honestly how difficult is it to get a girlfriend? If your name is Bernard Sigme and your hobbies include spoon collecting and modelling the Great Western Railway - June 15th 1935 just after teatime, Torquay, Platform 2 - it can be very difficult indeed!

Posted on 22 Jul 2014 10:18:53 BDT
Last edited by the author on 22 Jul 2014 10:24:35 BDT
Totnes Nigel says:
In passing Sinful Folk: FIRE: (includes Book 1) is a book I really loved (if "historical" is for you) - it was very atmospheric indeed. However this freebie looks like part one of the whole book (I read the whole book) - great for a taster but it may be worth noting.

(the whole book is Sinful Folk here and is excellent)

Posted on 22 Jul 2014 13:03:01 BDT
SP says:
I'm hoping to find a few pointers in Keeping Chickens: A Beginner's Guide.

In reply to an earlier post on 22 Jul 2014 13:08:52 BDT
I think you'll probably find out that Pointers are actually Dogs and not Chickens, SP!...HA HA HA!!!

(Only joking with you, obviously ;o>)

In reply to an earlier post on 22 Jul 2014 13:14:31 BDT
Made me smile :)

I must admit if I see one more book about were-bear animal changers featuring impossible cleavage and even more impossible 6 packs where the whole plot line is dependant on one not being able to guess that the guy with more hair than Danny da vito and a penchant for trying to hump your leg has an identity issue I shall scream. Or howl.

Posted on 22 Jul 2014 13:32:44 BDT
Last edited by the author on 22 Jul 2014 13:33:18 BDT
CarolW says:
Middle, Lost, and Found by Jamie Ford, - a short story by the author of one of today's daily deals, (Hotel on the Corner of Bitter and Sweet).

In reply to an earlier post on 22 Jul 2014 14:12:10 BDT
Last edited by the author on 22 Jul 2014 14:14:46 BDT
I do love history and historical, which the main reason why i posted Sinful Folk this morning, but since you say it's very good I'll move it up the reading list. :) I'm glad you liked my choice! x

Zigglyumph and Other Poems
Anarchic. Subversive. Short. Delve into the fantastical adult poetry of Ade Grant, where hypocrisy is dragged from its hiding hole and savaged on the lawn. Are we as rational as we like to think we are? Or have we strayed too far from our path, running scared of the Zigglyumphs?

In reply to an earlier post on 22 Jul 2014 15:08:07 BDT
Isabella says:
Thanks for the Richard lll, I find the contradictory opinions about him fascinating.

Posted on 22 Jul 2014 15:34:26 BDT
Little Egret says:
Thanks for The Battle for the Rhine 1944: Arnhem and the Ardennes, the Campaign in Europe Miss Annie Marriott

Also from Endeavour

Death Before Time by Andrew Puckett
`Death Before Time' is a chilling medical thriller.

The Love Resort by Faith Bleasdale

Sun, sea, secrets and scandal are the recipe for this irresistible novel from the wickedly funny Faith Bleasdale.

`A sharp , funny read that will make you fight for the cause of true love' - Cosmopolitan

Faith Bleasdale lives in London and writes full time. Her novels include `Deranged Marriage', `Pinstripes', `Peep Show' and `Agent Provocateur'.

A Fragile Peace by Paul Bannister

`A Fragile Peace' is the fifth book in Paul Bannister's best-selling `Arthur Britannicus' series, chronicling the life of King Arthur in ancient Britain.

In reply to an earlier post on 22 Jul 2014 17:16:09 BDT
SP says:
I thought there was something funny about those eggs:)

Posted on 22 Jul 2014 17:42:34 BDT
Still Life With Murder (Nell Sweeney Mystery Series Book 1)
Boston, 1868: The dawn of the Gilded Age, an era of burgeoning commerce and invention, of unimaginable new fortunes and lavish excess-for some. Born into dismal poverty, young Nell Sweeney scratches by on her wits and little else until fortune blesses her with a position as nursery governess to the fabulously wealthy Hewitts. But she soon learns that ugly secrets lurk beneath the surface of their gold-plated world

Hansel And Grethel And Other Grimm's Fairy Tales (Illustrated by Arthur Rackham)
«Hansel And Grethel And Other Grimm's Fairy Tales» is a collection of German fairy tales by the Grimm brothers (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brothers_Grimm), Jacob (1785-1863) and Wilhelm (1786-1859). Their first collection of folk tales was published in 1812. The ebook edition of Grimm's fairy tales from Animedia Company is magnificently illustrated by Arthur Rackham and consists of 59 marvellous tales.

Nuremberg or the Promised Land
This book was the first extended critique of the Nuremberg Trial. For a Frenchman to criticize that trial and especially the French role in it in 1948 took great courage: the book was banned in France, copies of it were seized, and Bardèche in 1952 was sentenced to a year in prison, although he spent only a few weeks there before being pardoned. His criticisms of the Nuremberg Trial have since been repeated by many others. Yet Bardèche's first book about Nuremberg remains something special, for it is much more than just a critique of the trial. It is the first work of Revisionism, and perhaps the only revisionist work that reads like great literature. It is a revisionist call-to-arms: it pleads for "history," but recognizes that it is still too early for the history of the war to be written: emotions are running too high. It cries out for objectivity, but does so while simmering with passion. It does not merely refute lies; it spits venom at the liars.

Posted on 22 Jul 2014 20:54:58 BDT
Last edited by the author on 22 Jul 2014 20:55:18 BDT
Whimsy & Soda, a collection of Jeeves and Wooster pastiches, is free again. It's a great read which I strongly recommend.

WHIMSY & SODA (formerly "WODEHOUSEBROKEN") is a collection of twelve hilarious short stories featuring the best-known and best-liked characters of P.G. Wodehouse's fiction-Bertie Wooster and his man, Jeeves. (The included stories are parodic and not authorized by the Wodehouse Estate.) In the opening story, "By and By, Bertie," Bertie Wooster wakes up one morning to find himself changed in his bed into... a parakeet? Shades of Kafka!* Jeeves takes his annual vacation; the agency sends Bertie the only valet it has available, and that valet is a robot, in "G.E.V.E.". "Jeeves Your Own Adventure" allows the reader to play the role of Jeeves himself!* In "Back to the Wooster," Bertie, while in New York, is persuaded by a stranger to take a quick car ride... to the year 1967! And in "Jeeves and Wayne," Jeeves helps the Batman begin.

Posted on 22 Jul 2014 21:38:02 BDT
The Fool says:
CW that was really funny - spot on description!

Posted on 22 Jul 2014 21:51:21 BDT
Isabella and Little Egret it was my pleasure. Thank you both SO much. We really should start a book club of our own. And I got all your lovely books too xx

A Bricklayer's Tales: A Collection of Short Stories and memoirs (The Ray Dennis Series Book 1)
Ray has three expensive hobbies: drinking, drugs, and running away. Without the income that Bricklaying provides, he would not be able to maintain his chosen lifestyle, so he compromises his principles and continues with his trade.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the kindle discussion forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Announcement
Software Update for Kindle Paperwhite, Kindle Voyage and £59 Kindle.
321 23 Jun 2016
Announcement
Introducing the all-new Fire HD 6 and 7 and Fire HDX 8.9!
547 23 Jun 2016
Announcement
Amazon Introduces Two All-New Kindles
307 3 Feb 2016
Announcement
NEWS: Kindle Paperwhite Software Update 5.4.5
142 21 Jun 2016
Announcement
NEWS: Kindle Paperwhite Previous Generation Software Update Version 5.4.4
288 23 Mar 2016
Announcement
NEWS: Kindle Paperwhite Software Update Version 5.4.3
192 23 Mar 2016
Announcement
Kindle Paperwhite Software Update Version 5.4.2
363 23 Mar 2016
Announcement
Kindle Paperwhite (Previous Generation) Software Update Version 5.3.9
65 24 Mar 2016
Announcement
NEWS: Kindle Touch Software Update Version 5.3.7
95 23 Mar 2016
Announcement
NEWS: Kindle Paperwhite Update Version 5.3.6
134 26 Mar 2016
Announcement
New Kindle Help Forum Now Available
0 5 Jun 2013
Announcement
Important Announcement from Amazon
698 18 Mar 2016

More Customer Discussions

Most active community forums
Most active product forums

Amazon forums

This discussion

Discussion in:  kindle discussion forum
Participants:  10
Total posts:  17
Initial post:  22 Jul 2014
Latest post:  22 Jul 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions