Customer Discussions > kindle discussion forum

Combat Wombat - if you're around?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-4 of 4 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 24 Aug 2014 16:44:52 BDT
Bizgen says:
You helped me so much when we were all new users, wonder if you have any ideas for this little problem that's arisen.

I still have my original keyboard kindle and so does my husband. For some reason, the charger will no longer go into husband's kindle easily so I can't charge it for him. Still works with mine absolutely fine.

I suspect him of trying to force the charger in the wrong way round, but he swears he hasn't. Any suggestions? I've had a good look with a magnifying glass, can't really see what is causing the tightness. Doesn't appear to be much wrong with it, but I've tried two chargers and it won't work.

Gen

In reply to an earlier post on 24 Aug 2014 18:18:31 BDT
Last edited by the author on 24 Aug 2014 18:21:08 BDT
@BG: I believe there is a micro switch type thing in the actual micro-USB connection within the KK - there is also a multi-connector. Sadly either one of these are (relatively) fragile and will eventually fail no matter how gentle and lucky you are.

It is perfectly possible to change the Micro-USB connector. Sadly it's not a "cheap" process since it takes time to do and to ensure that the work is done properly. I think the charge is about £45.
There is a company that pops up here now and again that does the service and has good reviews for their work - i'll try and find it. There may well be a local phone shop that can do it - it's not terribly difficult with the KK but they do need to know what they are doing :)

It's a coin flip - a brand new "basic" is not much more, but the KK is a jolly lovely beast. The PW is an upgrade to a sharper font and the light - but it seems a lot (to me).

{The same thing happened to mates Playbook - luckily they also have a magnetic power socket - but that's really just to say that even £500 machines have the same susceptibility.)

Hope the above is useful - and hope you find a good solution that works for you :)

Edit: You may want to look at their website to see if it's of interest: reotech.co.uk

In reply to an earlier post on 24 Aug 2014 19:37:23 BDT
Bizgen says:
Thanks, for the quick response. The damn thing has frozen now and no rest working. Have had it about 3 years, mine is still working fine.

Shall bite the bullet and buy the basic one, which seems to work OK and is cheap enough. If it lasts a couple of years, it will be fine. Nice to talk to you again, glad you aren't too jaded to look in occasionally. I am involved on Twitter these days, that is time consuming enough :))

In reply to an earlier post on 24 Aug 2014 21:09:06 BDT
[Deleted by Amazon on 27 Aug 2014 10:04:22 BDT]
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the kindle discussion forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Announcement
Software Update for Kindle Paperwhite, Kindle Voyage and £59 Kindle.
152 1 day ago
Announcement
Introducing the all-new Fire HD 6 and 7 and Fire HDX 8.9!
334 5 days ago
Announcement
Amazon Introduces Two All-New Kindles
256 13 days ago
Announcement
NEWS: Kindle Paperwhite Software Update 5.4.5
111 26 Mar 2015
Announcement
NEWS: Kindle Paperwhite Previous Generation Software Update Version 5.4.4
279 15 Jan 2015
Announcement
NEWS: Kindle Paperwhite Software Update Version 5.4.3
188 26 Jul 2014
Announcement
Kindle Paperwhite Software Update Version 5.4.2
359 13 Jun 2014
Announcement
Kindle Paperwhite (Previous Generation) Software Update Version 5.3.9
62 28 Oct 2014
Announcement
NEWS: Kindle Touch Software Update Version 5.3.7
87 29 Jun 2014
Announcement
NEWS: Kindle Paperwhite Update Version 5.3.6
111 1 Mar 2015
Announcement
New Kindle Help Forum Now Available
0 5 Jun 2013
Announcement
NEWS: Kindle Paperwhite Update version 5.3.5
62 6 Aug 2013

More Customer Discussions

Most active community forums
Most active product forums

Amazon forums

This discussion

Discussion in:  kindle discussion forum
Participants:  3
Total posts:  4
Initial post:  24 Aug 2014
Latest post:  24 Aug 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions