Customer Discussions > kindle discussion forum

How long has your Kindle lasted with no problems??

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 58 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 28 Jun 2012 14:25:18 BDT
Last edited by the author on 28 Jun 2012 15:59:51 BDT
Miss Taylor says:
Kindle Keyboard 3G, Free 3G + Wi-Fi, 3G Works Globally, 6" E Ink Display

Looking through reviews of both the Kindle Keyboard and standard Kindle I can't help but wonder if I am the only person that has not had endless problems with a Kindle?

I purchased my Kindle Keyboard from Currys in Feb 2011 (16 months ago) and I have never had a problem with it. On holiday last week I thought the battery life of mine is not what it should be but after contacting Amazon on my return I discovered the estimated 2 month battery life is based on half an hour of use per day which equates to roughly 30 hours on a single charge.

I even dropped it onto the concrete floor on holiday with no cover and in the split second it took to pick it up I had decided it would be broken and I would need a new one on my return to the UK but it was fine and has continued to be fine since my return (I have completed 2 books in the last week so plenty of time for it to go wrong)!!

My point for this is the reviews on the product seem to be written only if people have faulty devices or the first few days after they have recieved them so they have not had time to become faulty.. I would like to prove that not all kindles are faulty and some of us do get ones that just continue to live with no issues! I would only like people who have not had problems to comment, people who have had problems have enough threads to moan on!

Thank you :)

Posted on 28 Jun 2012 14:28:15 BDT
Mark says:
No, you're not alone - ordered mine in September 2010, and it's not given me a single issue since then... despite a short flight (and a long bounce) down the stairs.

Posted on 28 Jun 2012 14:28:32 BDT
I have had mine for just over a year with no problems.

Posted on 28 Jun 2012 14:31:24 BDT
kelp bed says:
Have had the kk3 for over a year now.
Not the slightest problem with it.
I can't say I've been that kind to it either, but works just as well as day one..

In reply to an earlier post on 28 Jun 2012 14:32:57 BDT
Willber G says:
K3 #1 - 20 months
K3 #2 - 8 months

No problems with either.

Posted on 28 Jun 2012 14:40:01 BDT
Damaskcat says:
I've had my KK3 3G since August 2010 with no problems and my Kindle Touch wi-fi since April 2012 - again with no problems.

In reply to an earlier post on 28 Jun 2012 14:49:40 BDT
Denis Powell says:
I too have had my KK3G since the beginning of August 2010, so it's getting very close to 2 years old. The only problems I've had with it have been entirely self inflicted, either through having too many books on it for it to work efficiently or through pressing a button before the previous command has been fully executed.

Mine has travelled everywhere with me and has sometimes been buried under several pounds of vegetables at the bottom of a shopping bag and has been repeatedly stuffed in a rucksack. The only concession to protection has been that it's always been in a sturdy case and hasn't been dropped.

I've read around 400 books on it and other than parts of the case being worn smooth and some fading of the lettering on the keyboard it's working as well as ever.

Posted on 28 Jun 2012 15:21:26 BDT
Amber Lady says:
I've had my KK3 Since September 2010 and it came with an Amazon red leather unlit cover.
It's been on holiday with me, through x-ray machines, in extremes of temperature both hot and cold, been dropped, and it's survived to tell the tale.

I did have a brief problem with it resetting itself repeatedly when it was about 10 months old; I took it out of my Amazon unlit cover to elimate that as the cause and the resetting stopped. After 5 or 6 days I popped it back into its cover and expected the problems to start again and to have to make a call to Amazon to report a dud cover but I'm pleased to say that I haven't had any problems since. Both Kindle and cover are going strong, with the cover looking as good as it did on day 1.

No complaints here!

Posted on 28 Jun 2012 15:34:24 BDT
Miss Taylor says:
I'm very glad to read that I am not the only one! :)

In reply to an earlier post on 28 Jun 2012 15:35:58 BDT
K. Pearson says:
I have had my kindle 20 months and have had no problems whatsoever and I keep it in its cover when I am not reading.

In reply to an earlier post on 28 Jun 2012 15:39:19 BDT
[Deleted by the author on 28 Jun 2012 15:41:19 BDT]

Posted on 28 Jun 2012 15:48:26 BDT
Jimbob says:
I must be about 18 months now,and the only issue is a hairline crack I have been ignoring which is not affecting the function...... It's done a good few airmiles, been crammed in laptop bags, rucksacks and pawed at by my little monsters when I leave it within reach........ Still working, still loving it and still a happy customer.
As a bit of tech it dies what it should very well...... But like any other complex electromechanical device its just your luck if you get a bad one or not
Nice to see a thread started not based on a negative experience!!!

Posted on 28 Jun 2012 15:49:11 BDT
Last edited by the author on 28 Jun 2012 15:51:06 BDT
eastwood says:
had mine since 2010 xmas, its the old version, but don't want to jinx it by saying its been no problem.

In reply to an earlier post on 28 Jun 2012 15:53:13 BDT
Willber G says:
I'll say it for you - it's been no problem!

Posted on 28 Jun 2012 15:56:34 BDT
Miss Taylor says:
My problem was reading everything bad about them and nothing good from long term users. I was talking to a friend who decided against one because it would be faulty, she had seen many reviews and they 'are all faulty after 6 months'. Out of the thousands that have been sold there are bound to be ones with issues and if you get more than 1 or 2 with issues that is VERY bad luck but there are also thousands that must work fine!

I did think about 'jinxing' it but I decided that if I have problems with it now it will be because I dropped it quite hard when I was away.. A replacement would be on next day delivery! Lol

Posted on 28 Jun 2012 16:39:47 BDT
Had my k3 18 months with no problems at all (touch wood & fingers crossed I didn't just jinx it) & I know alot of people have them at work that are 1yr+. I don't know anyone who has had any issues at all.

In reply to an earlier post on 28 Jun 2012 16:54:26 BDT
Jimbob says:
Miss Taylor
Its human nature that people are more likely to take the time out to complain about something / or discuss a problem than just post everything is OK.... after all, that's not really news worthy is it? :-)
I started out my kindle relationship from a negative standpoint arguing the case against getting one based on some ill conceived ideas or pre conceptions.
I am so glad I talked myself into getting one.

Posted on 28 Jun 2012 16:55:35 BDT
Freddiesmum says:
My keyboard is 16 months old and works as new, hubbies keyboard is 11 months old and also works as new, daughters is a baby kindle, bought end of December last year [2011], screen fragmented 3 days before her holiday last week, and amazon have replaced it for her, and got it to her with a day to spare! and it was bought from another retailer.
Best bit of kit I have ever had and I would not be without it!! I love my Kindle.
Hubbies is in a full cover, mine has a stick on decoration type cover when in the house, it does have a padded bag for travelling. Daughters is naked! maybe thats why hers fragmented? Mind you, she is an English lit student at uni...who knows what abuse she has subjected baby kindle too?

Posted on 28 Jun 2012 16:57:41 BDT
kelp bed says:
What is a baby kindle?

In reply to an earlier post on 28 Jun 2012 17:01:01 BDT
Willber G says:
The 89 one, also known as K4 and Mindle (amongst other things).

Posted on 28 Jun 2012 17:01:59 BDT
kelp bed says:
Ok Wilber. Thanks..

Posted on 28 Jun 2012 17:24:22 BDT
P E says:
KK since Dec 2010. Got a bit slow for a while but was easily sorted by archiving many of my books.
It has travelled all over the world, through many dodgy airports, with no problems.
Have had my baby kindle since April. Works a treat.
My husband also has both a KK and a baby kindle and has had no problems. His are just as well travelled as mine.
All four are in official lighted covers.

Posted on 28 Jun 2012 17:29:10 BDT
Wee weegie says:
KK3g for two years - no probs at all inspite of travelling through various airports around the world. I do look after it tho' as would be lost without it. Am considering buying another (as back up) when I go to the States in a couple of months.

Posted on 28 Jun 2012 17:31:00 BDT
Kk3g arrived in Sept 10 still going strong

Posted on 28 Jun 2012 17:32:39 BDT
Kindler says:
Welsh Gal
Had mine since September 2010 -no problems. Usually naked just wears cover when taken out of house!
‹ Previous 1 2 3 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the kindle discussion forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Announcement
NEWS: Kindle Paperwhite Previous Generation Software Update Version 5.4.4
83 7 days ago
Announcement
NEWS: Kindle Paperwhite Software Update Version 5.4.3
118 6 days ago
Announcement
Kindle Paperwhite Software Update Version 5.4.2
334 23 days ago
Announcement
Kindle Paperwhite (Previous Generation) Software Update Version 5.3.9
56 17 days ago
Announcement
Introducing the all-new Kindle Fire HDX Tablets
506 2 days ago
Announcement
The all-new Kindle Paperwhite - the ultimate device for reading!
1001 15 days ago
Announcement
NEWS: Kindle Touch Software Update Version 5.3.7
81 17 days ago
Announcement
NEWS: Kindle Paperwhite Update Version 5.3.6
99 28 Dec 2013
Announcement
New Kindle Help Forum Now Available
0 5 Jun 2013
Announcement
NEWS: Kindle Paperwhite Update version 5.3.5
62 6 Aug 2013
Announcement
Important Announcement from Amazon
693 3 Aug 2013
Never Ending Story Septem 1861 1 minute ago

More Customer Discussions

Most active community forums
Most active product forums

Amazon forums
ARRAY(0xa809be7c)

This discussion

Discussion in:  kindle discussion forum
Participants:  35
Total posts:  58
Initial post:  28 Jun 2012
Latest post:  29 Jun 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions