Customer Discussions > kindle discussion forum

kindle fire

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 10 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 4 Aug 2012 17:11:53 BDT
Mrs. C. Wild says:
will the kindle fire ever be released in the uk?

In reply to an earlier post on 4 Aug 2012 17:18:09 BDT
Denis Powell says:
Your guess is probably as good as anyone else's. My guess is that we might see the Fire 2, but it might be the Fire 3 just as it was with the Kindle. I think Amazon have been experimenting with some changes to the website as I've seen a format similar to the .com site on a few occasions but only for a very short period. Prior the the US release of the Fire I think a number of significant changes were made, although that may have been coincidental.

If you look at the .com forum you'll see many posts from people having problems with the Fire so we may be lucky not to have had it yet.

Personally I think there are better Tablets already available here.

In reply to an earlier post on 4 Aug 2012 17:20:03 BDT
masai mara says:
Nobody knows. Except Amazon, and they are not saying. Rumours abound that It may come out later this year..

In reply to an earlier post on 4 Aug 2012 17:47:59 BDT
Anya Brienza says:
I'm thinking of purchasing the Google Nexus 7, the review on tech radar makes it look promising. The price is also great at 189.
http://www.techradar.com/news/mobile-computing/tablets/15-best-android-tablets-in-the-world-905504

I already have an iPad but want something a little smaller, plus I love my gadgets.

In reply to an earlier post on 4 Aug 2012 17:56:21 BDT
Denis Powell says:
Anya, I've read some reports of problems with build quality, but that surprises me a little as it's made by Asus. I have an Asus Transformer and it's superb as it has a Keyboard Dock and comes with a Microsoft Word and Excel compatible app which I find very useful. It's also a superb photo viewer.

Like yourself I'd quite like a smaller tablet but the existing Fire doesn't have GPS which I find very useful.

In reply to an earlier post on 4 Aug 2012 18:38:24 BDT
Anya Brienza says:
I'll look out for the feedback on the Nexus 7 when its been released for a little longer. Thanks for the heads up. I don't think the Fire (as it currently stands) is for me. I, like you prefer to have GPS. Perhaps I'll see what the iPad Mini is all about when its released in Oct. The problem with the Mini is that it is only going to have 8GB's. The Nexus has 16GB, I suppose i'm being a tad greedy. But hey its my money, right? I'll take another look at the transformer, I played with an earlier version and although it was a sturdy bit of kit, it was a tad underwhelming.

In reply to an earlier post on 4 Aug 2012 19:45:38 BDT
Denis Powell says:
Anya, with the Keyboard my Asus has a micro SD port plus a standard SD port along with 2 USB ports so onboard storage isn't an issue for me.

My Transformer is now running Ice Cream Sandwich which is very "smooth" and reliable in my experience, but I agree that you should buy whatever suits you best. I needed something to replace a failing Netbook that had a longer battery life and the Asus gives me around 15 hours in normal use. Being able to remove the Keyboard for some applications is very useful. I'm certainly not saying it's better than an iPad but it suits me better. I also liked the new Sony but the keyboard wasn't available at the time.

In reply to an earlier post on 4 Aug 2012 20:36:22 BDT
Last edited by the author on 4 Aug 2012 20:42:42 BDT
Anya Brienza says:
Is this the one you have? Asus EeePad Transformer Prime TF201 10.1 inch Tablet with Keyboard/Dock - Champagne Gold (Nvidia Tegra 3 Quad Core 1.3GHz, RAM 1GB, Storage 32GB eMMC, WLAN, BT, Webcam, Android 4.0) or Asus TF300T 10.1-inch Multitouch Tablet with Keyboard (Blue) (Nvidia Tegra 3 1.4GHz, 1GB RAM, 32GB HDD, WLAN, BT, 2x Cam, Android 4.0)

I really like the look of this one. It seems to have everything I'm looking for apart from the size. Another plus is that it's 585g which makes it lighter than my iPad. Storage is another plus so I might just go for the 16GB.

Thanks for the help, Denis ;)

In reply to an earlier post on 4 Aug 2012 20:48:25 BDT
Denis Powell says:
No, Anya, I have the previous version.

Asus EeePad Transformer TF101 10.1 inch Tablet PC (nVidia Tegra2 1GHz, 1Gb, 16Gb eMMC, WLAN, BT, Android 3.0) with docking station and keyboard

The prime is better and has the Jelly Bean OS.

In reply to an earlier post on 4 Aug 2012 21:40:54 BDT
Anya Brienza says:
I've put them all on my Wishlist until I'm ready to buy. Birthday is next month so I have a little time. ASus is definitely pipping all others. :)
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the kindle discussion forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Announcement
NEWS: Kindle Paperwhite Software Update 5.4.5
68 41 minutes ago
Announcement
NEWS: Kindle Paperwhite Previous Generation Software Update Version 5.4.4
269 8 days ago
Announcement
NEWS: Kindle Paperwhite Software Update Version 5.4.3
188 25 days ago
Announcement
Kindle Paperwhite Software Update Version 5.4.2
359 13 Jun 2014
Announcement
Kindle Paperwhite (Previous Generation) Software Update Version 5.3.9
58 6 Jul 2014
Announcement
Introducing the all-new Kindle Fire HDX Tablets
545 1 Jul 2014
Announcement
The all-new Kindle Paperwhite - the ultimate device for reading!
1018 17 Jul 2014
Announcement
NEWS: Kindle Touch Software Update Version 5.3.7
87 29 Jun 2014
Announcement
NEWS: Kindle Paperwhite Update Version 5.3.6
101 25 Apr 2014
Announcement
New Kindle Help Forum Now Available
0 5 Jun 2013
Announcement
NEWS: Kindle Paperwhite Update version 5.3.5
62 6 Aug 2013
Announcement
Important Announcement from Amazon
697 2 days ago

More Customer Discussions

Most active community forums
Most active product forums

Amazon forums

This discussion

Discussion in:  kindle discussion forum
Participants:  4
Total posts:  10
Initial post:  4 Aug 2012
Latest post:  4 Aug 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions