Customer Discussions > kindle discussion forum

Wifi help needed please

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-6 of 6 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 10 Jul 2012 22:29:47 BDT
I can't find the turn on/turn off wi-fi on my kindle.. It used to be right at the top when I pressed menu from the home page but it seems to have disappeared and "shop in Kindle store" is now at the top where turn on/turn off wi-fi used to be... I bet this is really easy to solve but I am stumped, can anyone help?

In reply to an earlier post on 10 Jul 2012 22:31:46 BDT
Since the last update it's now called aeroplane mode. When areoplane mode is off the wifi is one, when aeroplane mode is on wifi is off. Hope that helps

Posted on 10 Jul 2012 22:39:53 BDT
Thank's Creepy Lil' Sister, wish they would tell us when they are changing something, have been trying to sort this out the last few days, thought I had done something wrong and deleted the on/off lol glad to know I am not going mad... thanks again

In reply to an earlier post on 10 Jul 2012 22:47:38 BDT
kelp bed says:
Catherine
I think its to do with the commercial flight industry.
When you read your Kindle on a flight, they can see that your WI-FI is off, just by seeing the Aeroplane symbol.
I guess all readers will have this sooner or later ..

In reply to an earlier post on 10 Jul 2012 23:23:56 BDT
J. H says:
They did tell us, there was a "Your kindle has been updated" letter delivered to your kindle the same time that they did the update, along with the updated user guide.

In reply to an earlier post on 11 Jul 2012 00:16:49 BDT
J.H. have found it now that you have brought it to my attention... thanks all for your help
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

ARRAY(0xb0e486a8)

This discussion

Discussion in:  kindle discussion forum
Participants:  4
Total posts:  6
Initial post:  10 Jul 2012
Latest post:  11 Jul 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions