Customer Discussions > kindle discussion forum

Facebook, lack of notifications in Kindle Fire HD

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 28 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 26 Dec 2012 14:17:24 GMT
Hi, despite the fact that I have them all turned them on, I am not getting any Facebook notifications .... or notifications of new mail for that matter. I am using a Kindle Fire HD and would be grateful for any advice ...

In reply to an earlier post on 28 Dec 2012 20:02:56 GMT
i received a new hd kindle fire for christmas and despite having all the notifications alerts set up, i like you do not get any at all, to include email and facebook

Posted on 28 Dec 2012 20:10:08 GMT
Is wifi on and notificatiions switched on?

Posted on 28 Dec 2012 20:20:11 GMT
hi mine is the same! WiFi is on and notifications on both the app and Facebook but still not working :( email is the same too

Posted on 31 Dec 2012 10:13:57 GMT
Spent an hour and a half on live chat with Amazon, and they couldn't fix. Advised that I restore to Factory Defaults and re-start, all done to no avail. Getting rather frustrated.
I do get notifications if I download anything from the Appstore, justa confirmation that an App has downloaded but that's all.

Posted on 1 Jan 2013 11:00:21 GMT
J. L. Salf says:
I have the exact opposite, it goes off at all times throughout the day and night, but when I look there is nothing there?

Posted on 1 Jan 2013 22:03:29 GMT
[Deleted by the author on 1 Jan 2013 22:04:30 GMT]

Posted on 1 Jan 2013 23:12:40 GMT
Kul13 says:
Facebook works fine on my kindle fire hd. I have the app. Have u tried logging in via the web?

Does anyone know how I can save Facebook pictures to my kindle? Some have synched with my picture folder but many haven't, such as new pics I'm tagged in.

In reply to an earlier post on 2 Jan 2013 12:33:17 GMT
Tap on the picture, hit the menu button (the box with lines) then hit share and you have the option to send it to various places such as PhotoEditor (a free app from amazon store), or email it to yourself and you can then save to your Kindle from those places.

Posted on 6 Jan 2013 13:41:07 GMT
shazza says:
how do I switch notifications on?

In reply to an earlier post on 6 Jan 2013 14:19:28 GMT
Go the very top of your screen and swipe your finger downwards to access your Kindle menu. Then hit the +More button (top right hand side) to access your Kindle settings, and then select Applications. From here you can see a Notification Settings menu which allows you to turn notifications on or off for your various apps.

Posted on 7 Apr 2013 21:23:45 BDT
I have my notifications switched on but it still doesn't show me them for Facebook only for new emails and downloads, any ideas how to get them turned on? Thanks!

Posted on 8 Apr 2013 12:36:04 BDT
Doctor9fan says:
I get notifications for email & downloaded apps but Facebook & Twitter I get nothing, perhaps it's a case the apps aren't fully compatible with the Fire so no notifications.

Posted on 9 Sep 2013 18:23:11 BDT
Well some sort of miracle has occurred! Yesterday I suddenly started getting FB notifications out of the blue. Still getting them today so it wasn't even a fluke. Am now concerned that the fact I am delighted about this makes me a bit of a loser:-)

Posted on 25 Sep 2013 17:55:38 BDT
Wadiah Mirza says:
I dont know about the email because it has always worked for me but about facebook...you need to update the app by going to the store, click the menu button, app updates and then update facebook.

In reply to an earlier post on 25 Sep 2013 18:31:11 BDT
Walker says:
Thank you, Wadiah. I always forget to check for updates. The Facebook notifications now works. And with the ability to choose the sound I can set it for any mp3 track on my Fire HD.

Posted on 25 Sep 2013 19:34:47 BDT
Thinker says:
is the music playing a fire setting or fb please?

In reply to an earlier post on 25 Sep 2013 19:47:05 BDT
Walker says:
In the updated Facebook app, open up app settings and you'll see set ringtone. Select that and it should show you a list of songs on your Fire (I have ES explorer installed so I had to select from that or kindle system, and used that to choose the song).

Posted on 26 Sep 2013 19:38:04 BDT
Thinker says:
thanks very much for help

Posted on 26 Sep 2013 20:30:26 BDT
Liz says:
My fire didn't do notifications and I was told by customer support that was by design as apps don't run in background like with normal android tablets, but only the current app is running to make it seem faster...

Posted on 28 Sep 2013 15:55:35 BDT
Thinker says:
i get twitter notifications and a little facebook notification on the fire, but i couldn't set an mp3 as fb ringtone, in settings for apps there was only preset choices

In reply to an earlier post on 28 Sep 2013 17:47:54 BDT
Walker says:
If you have the update then you should start Facebook. Press the top left corner and it should open a side panel showing "you" gaming apps, groups etc. Scroll down to "app settings". Select and you should have a page full of settings to choose from. The 8th down is something like "ringtone setting". Choose this and you will be able to chose any mp3 track installed on your Fire HD.

Posted on 30 Sep 2013 13:16:54 BDT
Thinker says:
i understand what happened for you walker but for me i found the selection bit and it only had facebooks owns options for tone. Strange but true!

In reply to an earlier post on 1 Oct 2013 15:56:16 BDT
Walker says:
That's a shame. Have you definitely got the updated Facebook app from Amazon installed. It's at time like this that I wished I could be there to physically help in person. Just to see if we're doing something different to each other.

Posted on 1 Oct 2013 18:35:53 BDT
Doctor9fan says:
I have the latest fb update from Amazon app store but I also cannot set my own ringtones for fb, are you sure you didn't choose to use es file explorer to change the tones within fb walker?
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the kindle discussion forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Announcement
Software Update for Kindle Paperwhite, Kindle Voyage and £59 Kindle.
152 2 hours ago
Announcement
Introducing the all-new Fire HD 6 and 7 and Fire HDX 8.9!
334 4 days ago
Announcement
Amazon Introduces Two All-New Kindles
256 12 days ago
Announcement
NEWS: Kindle Paperwhite Software Update 5.4.5
111 26 Mar 2015
Announcement
NEWS: Kindle Paperwhite Previous Generation Software Update Version 5.4.4
279 15 Jan 2015
Announcement
NEWS: Kindle Paperwhite Software Update Version 5.4.3
188 26 Jul 2014
Announcement
Kindle Paperwhite Software Update Version 5.4.2
359 13 Jun 2014
Announcement
Kindle Paperwhite (Previous Generation) Software Update Version 5.3.9
62 28 Oct 2014
Announcement
NEWS: Kindle Touch Software Update Version 5.3.7
87 29 Jun 2014
Announcement
NEWS: Kindle Paperwhite Update Version 5.3.6
111 1 Mar 2015
Announcement
New Kindle Help Forum Now Available
0 5 Jun 2013
Announcement
NEWS: Kindle Paperwhite Update version 5.3.5
62 6 Aug 2013

More Customer Discussions

Most active community forums
Most active product forums

Amazon forums

This discussion

Discussion in:  kindle discussion forum
Participants:  14
Total posts:  28
Initial post:  26 Dec 2012
Latest post:  7 Feb 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 3 customers

Search Customer Discussions