Customer Discussions > kindle discussion forum

Can I download movies to my Kindle Fire HD?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 26-50 of 129 posts in this discussion
Posted on 3 Jan 2013 14:08:28 GMT
joe turner says:
Here in UK we use the train a lot, therefore Kindle must find a way to download films and tv material or Kindle Fire just aint gonna happen over here.

In reply to an earlier post on 3 Jan 2013 14:36:49 GMT
John Mochan says:
download dvd catalyst 4 costs about 10$ works fine for me you just set it to kindle HD and away you go.there are online instructions on how to.

Posted on 3 Jan 2013 14:42:20 GMT
John Mochan says:
go to apps store download kindle fire cine player.
then go to your pc download dvd catalyst 4 (costs about $10).
open the catalyst 4 select kindle fire HD.
then either put in a dvd or a movie file ,hit the go button.
when it finishes attach your fire with usb go to movies folder drag and drop your new file from pc
job done ,switch on kindle cineplayer and your movie is there to play.

Posted on 3 Jan 2013 14:44:36 GMT
John Mochan says:
have to agree though the movie streaming doesnt do it for me , I have a set download limit and watch a few movies and its gone.

Posted on 4 Jan 2013 06:41:37 GMT
Les T says:
My husband has bought me a kindle fire for xmas. I have downloaded a film using mp4 but it is only playing on about 2" of the screen. Please could someone advise how to make the film bigger. Thank you.

In reply to an earlier post on 4 Jan 2013 07:41:45 GMT
I read on the train. Most others do too judging by the number of Kindles on display. And tablets. And phones.

In reply to an earlier post on 4 Jan 2013 09:37:30 GMT
Denis Powell says:
Some movie apps, like VLC, allow you to fill the screen with any movie. The problem is that what looks sharp when small can be quite indistinct when "zoomed" to fill the screen.

In reply to an earlier post on 4 Jan 2013 09:48:13 GMT
ChrisJ says:
Here in the UK we use the train a lot, therefore the train companies must find a way to provide WiFi to all those people that need it, or else the Internet revolution and Social networking and personal entertainment aint gonna happen over here.

Posted on 4 Jan 2013 16:45:51 GMT
GRJ says:
I also got the 32gb version believing I would be able to download movies for my son on car journeys. That' s what the guy in pc world indicated. WTF! Sort it out Amazon - you' 've been great so far. I hope you' 're listening.

In reply to an earlier post on 4 Jan 2013 16:52:07 GMT
Denis Powell says:
The more people who contact Amazon directly, rather than by posting comments here, that may or may not be noticed, the better.

I suspect that Amazon would love to sell you Movie downloads if they could but I believe the new Fire was released here somewhat earlier than had been originally planned. At that time even the Audible app wasn't available in the App Store. In some respects it's been a bit of a shambolic launch but, hopefully, it will all be sorted before too long.

Posted on 4 Jan 2013 16:59:44 GMT
Last edited by the author on 4 Jan 2013 17:00:22 GMT
GRJ says:
I feel Denis is right and I will certainly be contacting both Amazon and PC world. It seems I' m not alone in feeling quite misled. Great pity because in other respects I' m really impressed with the KF HD.

Posted on 7 Jan 2013 16:44:38 GMT
I downloaded WinX DVD ripper onto my laptop and converted episodes of TV series from DVD's into MP4 format. I then transferred these to my kindle by dragging and dropping.

The episodes were stored as personel videos but when I went to play then back I could only view the first 5 minutes of the episodes. Can anyone please assist? How can I watch the full episodes that I have transferred to my kindle?

In reply to an earlier post on 7 Jan 2013 17:40:49 GMT
nephran says:
Commercial DVD's use copy protection in both analog and digital fields,G.This may be why you can't see the whole episode.

In reply to an earlier post on 7 Jan 2013 19:33:34 GMT
eeliepeelie says:
i have download real player but am still unable to convert films on PC to MP4 - the 2 films ive tried just cancel when trying to convert. what am I doing wrong??

In reply to an earlier post on 7 Jan 2013 20:22:37 GMT
Last edited by the author on 7 Jan 2013 20:23:10 GMT
nephran says:
If the films you are trying to convert are copy protected then you will have to remove the copy protection first, Peelster. Where did you get the films from?

Posted on 7 Jan 2013 20:28:59 GMT
jib says:
Bought 2 Kindle fires for my grandchildren......registered both on same email address.....Grandson downloaded an app on his. Grandaughter wanted to down load the same app on her kindle but was told you have already bought it.....need help.

In reply to an earlier post on 7 Jan 2013 21:00:43 GMT
eeliepeelie says:
Films purchased from ITunes - how do you remove copy protection?

In reply to an earlier post on 7 Jan 2013 21:02:00 GMT
eeliepeelie says:
Films purchased from Itunes - how do you remove protection?

Posted on 7 Jan 2013 21:14:29 GMT
ChrisJ says:
It is unlikely that anyone will help you to do illegal things...

In reply to an earlier post on 7 Jan 2013 21:24:22 GMT
Denis Powell says:
Jib, on the second device the app should show in the Cloud tab of Apps. You don't go to the app store for it and don't have to buy a further copy. The second device will need to be connected to WiFi and possibly need to sync before any app newly purchased on the first device will be listed in the Cloud.

In reply to an earlier post on 7 Jan 2013 23:01:52 GMT
nephran says:
According to Amazon you upload your I-Tunes movies to the Kindle Cloud and then download them from the cloud to the kindle..I haven't tried this but ZON says it works, Peelster.

Posted on 8 Jan 2013 09:01:56 GMT
Homer H says:
All - thanks for the responses.

Neph, do you know if there are instruction on how to do this with iTunes?

Thanks

In reply to an earlier post on 8 Jan 2013 15:53:59 GMT
Ellen Hanney says:
I have a film in the cloud drive which I can access on my laptop I have plugged my kindle fire in using a usb lead and when I try to drag and drop it wont let me I just have a circle with a line through it, I can put the film on my desktop or other storage devices but not my kindle, its about to go out the window in a minute I am getting a tad stressed by this! I would really appreciate it if anyone could help

In reply to an earlier post on 8 Jan 2013 16:38:07 GMT
Ellen Hanney says:
could you tell me how you did this? I downloaded a movie which in in mp4 format its in my cloud drive but when i try and drag it into my kindle which is connected via the usb lead it just wont let me all I have is a circle with a line through it, I have played the movie on my lap top and can play it on my kindle fire if I go through cloud player usuing the web, but what I really want to do is watch movies offline am I missing the point or am I doing something wrong?

In reply to an earlier post on 8 Jan 2013 16:40:30 GMT
nephran says:
I think you have to download it straight to the kindle..Without it being connected to the pc...Not sure though..Can anybody else help Ellen with this subject please.
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the kindle discussion forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Announcement
NEWS: Kindle Paperwhite Previous Generation Software Update Version 5.4.4
83 6 days ago
Announcement
NEWS: Kindle Paperwhite Software Update Version 5.4.3
118 6 days ago
Announcement
Kindle Paperwhite Software Update Version 5.4.2
334 23 days ago
Announcement
Kindle Paperwhite (Previous Generation) Software Update Version 5.3.9
56 17 days ago
Announcement
Introducing the all-new Kindle Fire HDX Tablets
506 2 days ago
Announcement
The all-new Kindle Paperwhite - the ultimate device for reading!
1001 15 days ago
Announcement
NEWS: Kindle Touch Software Update Version 5.3.7
81 17 days ago
Announcement
NEWS: Kindle Paperwhite Update Version 5.3.6
99 28 Dec 2013
Announcement
New Kindle Help Forum Now Available
0 5 Jun 2013
Announcement
NEWS: Kindle Paperwhite Update version 5.3.5
62 6 Aug 2013
Announcement
Important Announcement from Amazon
693 3 Aug 2013
What happened to the Help Forum 50 2 minutes ago
ARRAY(0xa4443b10)

This discussion

Discussion in:  kindle discussion forum
Participants:  64
Total posts:  129
Initial post:  2 Nov 2012
Latest post:  26 Dec 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 28 customers

Search Customer Discussions